Top Loading Washer - Manual Water Fill?

ricklev

I'm moving into a place that has space for a washer in the bathroom but no water, drain or electric hookups.

The owner doesn't want to make the needed holes to provide hookups.

I know I can just drain to the floor drain and use an extension cord, but can I fill up a top loading washer using a bucket or the toilet sprayer for the wash and drain cycles?

I seem to remember machines I've had that automatically shut down if water was not coming through the proper valve?

I know that I can do this with a twin tub washer but an automatic single tub top loader would be best.

Thanks!

In an apartment in Dallas, Texas I plumbed in a bidet (the term "bum gun" seems so childish...that sort of terminal cuteness that cost the British an empire).

I did it in such a way that when I left, the tee I plumbed into the PVC stayed and place, and I simply capped the outlet, removing the hose and sprayer.

With a bit of creativity it is very easy to add plumbing and make it easily reversible.

We have an LG top loader which is getting along in years. The water inlet solenoid quit working and until I could find a replacement part, my wife filled it with a bucket. It worked fine. She did that for a couple weeks until I found a replacement part.