Phuket Paradise Beach hotel given 30-day demolition notice

snoop1130

Phuket Paradise Beach hotel given 30-day demolition notice
Suthicha Sirirat

post-249866-0-51938100-1463142451_thumb.

Patong Mayor Chalermluk Kebsup (2nd from left) and Phuket Vice Governor Khajornkiet Rakpanichmanee (3rd from left) discuss details of the 30-day demolition notice. Photo: Suthicha Sirirat

PHUKET: -- Phuket officials have given the owner of a hotel at Paradise Beach, south of Patong, 30 days to remove the offending structure for encroaching on public land.

The eviction order of what Phuket Vice Governor Khajornkiet Rakpanichmanee described as a “discotheque hotel” was handed down yesterday (May 12) at a meeting at Provincial Hall.

The meeting was the last in a series of reviews of a slew of complaints filed at the Darongdhama Centre (Ombudsman’s Office) at Provincial Hall. The complaints alleged encroachment of buildings and hotels onto public land, illegal land excavation, deforestation and coral poaching – all Paradise Beach.

“Every government office, including Patong Municipality, in charge of overseeing all structures built in the area reported that they had ordered the developer to cease construction of the building and banned the building being put into use,” V/Gov Khajornkiet said at the meeting.

“The operator was told to bring land documents as evidence in order to be issued a building permit, but the land document they presented raised too many questions, so officials declined to issue a permit approving the construction,” he added.

Full Story: http://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-paradise-beach-hotel-given-30-day-demolition-notice-57407.php#2eUHFhCGgrSi5ijY.97

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2016-05-13

A photo of the offending structure would have made this report so much more interesting and useful, rather than a photo of 4 people pointing at a piece of paper.

Yes, but blimpie the soldier makes for the usual substandard 'reporting'.

It's all an eyesore - way developed horribly from 15 years back when it used to be a relaxed beach, bar, eatery..

I remember The Aussie that had the place for about 20 years ,then the big boys forced him out.Good place to eat at and meet up with friends.

28 days left & counting, but I won't be holding my breath.

I believe the proprietors may be related to a previous Patong Mayor (& may possibly be the next mayor?). If this is the case this is going to be interesting.

How is it that the Navy is involved? is this a defence matter or a civil offence?

The army are in charge all over Thailand. No army base in Phuket, only a naval base = navy are in charge here in Phuket of all legal, criminal, and police issues.

How is it that the Navy is involved? is this a defence matter or a civil offence?

The navy was put in to oversee the Phuket corruption issues nearly two years ago. An admiral was named as government agent to mediate and enforce anti corruption mmeasures

I believe the proprietors may be related to a previous Patong Mayor (& may possibly be the next mayor?). If this is the case this is going to be interesting.

Uh huh.

The last time I looked at his facebook page, over half of the postings were promotions for Paradise Beach.

Uh huh.

The last time I looked at his facebook page, over half of the postings were promotions for Paradise Beach.

Are you talking about the son of the previous Patong mayor Keesin?

Go after the corrupt officials who allowed this in the first place or the practice of stealibg public land will never stop. In Kalasin pavement businesses are expanding There is no control and many pavements near schools are completely blocked by food sellers which means students have to walk in the roads so these selfish people can make money.... The police are a joke and the only time you see them is at checkpoints with their hands out. Police patrols do not exist in Thailand