No More Triple Entry Tourist Visas,

I member informs me that he has been told by the Thai consulate in Brisbane that they can only issue a double entry Tourist visa.

"The Triple is no longer available due to changes in the legislation."

He asks

is this true or was she pulling my leg?

It is news to me and I have asked him to request the exact legislation and the date of issue.

I do not recollect any announcements to this effect?

Has anyone else experienced the same refusal elsewhere?

I member informs me that he has been told by the Thai consulate in Brisbane that they can only issue a double entry Tourist visa.

"The Triple is no longer available due to changes in the legislation."

Probably just the wrong use of words.

"Change in policy" is probably the correct terminology.

...gonna apply for TV mid december.

as about changed/unchanged policy within EU (austria) i shall keep u up 2 date..

When reporting your experience in December, please mention not only the country (Austria) but also the town in which the consulate is located, as there are often differences between consulates in the same country.

However, based on recent reports it does indeed look like the Ministry of Foreign Affairs sent new instructions to all consulates world-wide and restricted their freedom to use their discretion to issue triple-entry tourist visas. In this context, it will be interesting to hear about your experience.

---------------

Maestro

...gonna apply for TV mid december.

as about changed/unchanged policy within EU (austria) i shall keep u up 2 date..

When reporting your experience in December, please mention not only the country (Austria) but also the town in which the consulate is located, as there are often differences between consulates in the same country.

However, based on recent reports it does indeed look like the Ministry of Foreign Affairs sent new instructions to all consulates world-wide and restricted their freedom to use their discretion to issue triple-entry tourist visas. In this context, it will be interesting to hear about your experience.

---------------

Maestro

I was told by the embassy in Oslo 2 weeks ago that the most i could get was a double.

by the way, was there any special criterion to get a triple earlier? age?

(as the consulate told me the same last year)

Here is the response I received from the Thai Consulate in Hong Kong when I asked them about getting triple 60 day Tourist visas. The editor of Farang Magazine also told me that Hong Kong was not a good consulate to go to because they are the most strict in the region. If anyone has gotten a triple visa in the region after Oct. 1, please let me know. I have only seen triples that were issued before Oct. 1

==========

Dear Sir,

The new policiy is used for tourists to stay not exceeding 90 days within 6 month period.

Either the tourists use their free access visa or tourist visa, they are all counted together.

For example, you entered the kingdom by the free accees visa for your first trip and you

stayed 30 days. Then, you applied for a tourist visa(60 days) at a consulate and stayed

for the whole period(60 days). You will be rejected to enter the kingdom for your next

trip as your quota has been used up. The Thai consulate in Hongkong may issue the maximum double tourist visa to you but that depends on the record of your trips to Thailand in your passport.

For more visa details, please visit our website at: www.thai-consulate.org.hk

Should you have any enquiries, please feel free to contact us again.

Best regards,

Thai Consulate

Here is the response I received from the Thai Consulate in Hong Kong

Dear Sir,

The new policiy is used for tourists to stay not exceeding 90 days within 6 month period.

Either the tourists use their free access visa or tourist visa, they are all counted together.

For example, you entered the kingdom by the free accees visa for your first trip and you

stayed 30 days. Then, you applied for a tourist visa(60 days) at a consulate and stayed

for the whole period(60 days). You will be rejected to enter the kingdom for your next

trip as your quota has been used up. The Thai consulate in Hongkong may issue the maximum double tourist visa to you but that depends on the record of your trips to Thailand in your passport.

For more visa details, please visit our website at: www.thai-consulate.org.hk

Should you have any enquiries, please feel free to contact us again.

Best regards,

Thai Consulate

There is something wrong with the logic here.

If you are only allowed 90 days and you get a double entry tourist visa will you only be allowed

30 days on the second half of the visa, rather than the 60 days stated on the visa?? :o

It sound like someone has got the two different rules -

1. for Tourist visas muddled with

2. the New rules on the 30 day visa exemption stamp. (where there is a 90 day limit).

I hope this is the case. :D

It sound like someone has got the two different rules -

1. for Tourist visas muddled with

2. the New rules on the 30 day visa exemption stamp. (where there is a 90 day limit).

I hope this is the case. :o

I would imagine that some of the directives being issued by the powers-that-be in Bangkok are shall we say, less than clear. Some of the consular offices are probably interpreting these directives in their own ways...

Got a 3 entry TV from the consulate at Birmingham about 2 weeks ago. Could have got 4 entry if I had needed it. Seems no problems in UK.

and with no "additional" paperwork?

how old are you?if you dont mind me asking

thanks

I am 59, but that has nothing to do with my application. My (non-Thai) wife got the same and she is 11 years younger. Paperwork? - one application form, 2 photos and GBP75. (GBP25 per entry). The process took less than 10 minutes.

As regards Hong Kong, I have obtained single enties in the past. Efficient service - applications in by noon are ready 9.30 next morning. They recently told me I could only get a maximum of two entry TV, but then I think that is all they have ever given. One hassle is that for a double entry you need to produce air tickets for both trips.

I suspect ovenman has hit the nail on the head. Less than clear instructions has resulted in wide variations of what is permitted.

hong kong, singapore, kota baru, phnom penh, vientiane - all nortoriusly problematic.

los angeles always been a problem for triples so not surprised at all.

uk seem sto be ok as does spain and gibraltar.

its simply not worth sending 2 mailers and us50 to freeking embassy for a double (us80!). i stopped doing this years ago and just went w/ visa runs/travel to other countries.

visas not to mention hassles are as costly as any of the more marginal truly 3rd world countries in the region - myanmar, indonesia, phils, nepal...

im not bound/stuck in thailand and all this acrimony leaves me chastened.

if i cant get a triple - ill truly just be a tourist in thailand. wow, some poor people just lost some big income.

visas not to mention hassles are as costly as any of the more marginal truly 3rd world countries in the region - myanmar, indonesia, phils, nepal...

im not bound/stuck in thailand and all this acrimony leaves me chastened.

if i cant get a triple - ill truly just be a tourist in thailand. wow, some poor people just lost some big income.

Could you translate this gibberish?

Triple, double and single tourist visas are just that, visas for TOURISTS.