Airport Charge New Airport

hihosilver

Yes ......

until Feb next year when it goes up to.wait for it.....700 :D

but dont worry since it will be included in your airline ticket and you will never notice it.....smart cookies YEAH....mai mee s"tang.... :o

hi all. at the old airport bangkok, on your return you had to pay 500 bhts tax on your arrival. do you still have to pay this charge at the new one. cheers.

Thought this was a departure tax not an arrival tax.

As for its inclusion in the airline ticket price, many countries do that now - most if not all of EU, Singapore, Hong Kong, Malaysia etc. Nothing crafty - just Thailand catching up with the rest of the world. Whether or not that is a good thing is another issue. Not only do you not notice the tax in the first place, you do not notice increases either.

To add departure tax to the price of the ticket is a good way to go for tourism.

I have seen many tourists over the years trying to get through to the passport control to be told “Airport tax”, simply some of travellers have no idea of this, on many occasions people are travelling home after spending all their money and are left at the airport asking fellow travellers for the 500bht tax to get out.

Adding this cost to the ticket is better for many if not all of the tourists….

(I gave a guy 2 years ago the 500bht for this tax, he didn’t know, didn’t have it and was panicking at the airport. This must happen to people every day)

...(I gave a guy 2 years ago the 500bht for this tax, he didn’t know, didn’t have it and was panicking at the airport. This must happen to people every day)

I can't even imagine getting on an international flight and not having 15 dollars in my pocket. Scary.

TH :o