Ladies In Chiang Mai.....

fruittbatt

Hello to all the ladies out there on Chiang Mai forum!

Some of you may be interested to know about a new group which formed here last month: the Chiang Mai chapter of Soroptimists International.

Firstly, let me assure you that this group has no religious or political affiliations. The agenda of Soroptimists International is for professional women and women in management to assist other women to empower themselves. ANY interested women are welcome to join. SI has a particular interest in addressing issues of domestic violence and the abuse of women, and to put a stop to such abuse.

A vital part of the SI charter is cultural sensitivity and staying out of local politics and religion. SI is largely concerned with identifying areas of need and raising funds and support for local organisations which are addressing such needs.

At the next SI meeting, on November 18th (next Saturday), Professor Sombat, from CMU will be addressing the meeting about the incidence of domestic violence and abuse of women in Chiang Mai. If any of you would like more information, please PM me for details.

SI is currently conducting a warm clothing and blanket drive for two hilltribe villages. There are collection boxes at several well-known condominiums around CM, including Nakornping>in the lift lobby. The above plus any school supplies for the children will be gratefully received by the villagers.

Edited by fruittbatt

hello Fruitbatt

Im not in ChiangMai, but have done some work on similar issue elsewhere, and am happy to share more info if needed. sorry I cant be of any practical help all the way from bangkok though

great work :o

hello Fruitbatt

Im not in ChiangMai, but have done some work on similar issue elsewhere, and am happy to share more info if needed. sorry I cant be of any practical help all the way from bangkok though

great work :o

Thanks MiG16.

Your support is much appreciated, and I will keep in mind your kind offer of further information.

Best wishes,

fruittbatt.