Thai artist is selling this drawing for THB88 million

snoop1130

Thai artist is selling this drawing for THB88 million
Coconuts Bangkok

post-249866-0-73134600-1465559717_thumb.

Photo: National News Bureau of Thailand

BANGKOK -- An artist in Southern province of Yala has become talk of town after he put up his drawing online and is trying to sell it for a whopping price of THB88 million.

Pinid Kaewklaeye, 38, said this fountain pen artwork is called "The Eye of Legend,” and he started working on the painting when he was 12 after he was hit with a life-changing lesson.

"I started searching for the meaning of this painting when I was in Mathayom 1 after because I found a quote that said ‘it is not important what I took with me from this world but rather what I left for it," the artist wrote on Facebook.

Full Story: http://bangkok.coconuts.co/2016/06/10/thai-artist-selling-drawing-thb88-million

cocon.jpg
-- Coconuts Bangkok 2016-06-10

I had no idea I have done great art during numerous conference calls and university lectures. Prior the smartphones; the 'phone call art' was what we did during conf calls.

I must search my old notebooks. There must be millions to be found and sold.

He has to be on the wacky tobacco... Oo, I'm sorry showing my age. The artist needs ICE in his pipe.

So, Mister Art Expert.

Ready to discuss which art is worth what?

wink.png

I'd like to understand the reasoning, which at the moment, seems to me to be based of the backstory.

So please, do explain how art is really valued.

He has to be on the wacky tobacco... Oo, I'm sorry showing my age. The artist needs ICE in his pipe.

So, Mister Art Expert.

wink.png

No need to hold myself out as an art expert. He's not getting my baht. Please step up, if you feel like parting with your hard earned my dear man.

So, Mister Art Expert.

wink.png

I'd like to understand the reasoning, which at the moment, seems to me to be based of the backstory.

Really? My wink.png did not indicate some sort of joke/sarcasm?

Nobody can really put a price of what art is worth.

In other words, any person who "over prize" their art is not always high on drugs.

So, Mister Art Expert.

wink.png

In other words, any person who "over prize" their art is not always high on drugs.

Maybe you're willing to pay 1 Baht, while I would think that would be on the high side. It's really not that hard of an exercise after all, is it!

Your earlier response was all about sarcasm, non of irony. Therefore I wanted to ask if you are just a blond bluff or in the best case, you would somebody to learn from.

Now I know your value.

Yer modern Art--------last week in the USA San Francisco , this student took off his glasses & placed his on the floor ......within minutes there was a crowd gathered around them talking about what the inner or metaphysical meaning of the exhibition was, and starting taking photographs of them.

https://www.collective-evolution.com/2016/06/02/someone-put-glasses-on-museum-floor-visitors-thought-it-was-art-whats-real-art/

the whole thing caused quite a spectacle...............................coffee1.gif

That painting elephant gets more than that monkey will ever get for his drawing. Son get off the crack and get a job You can wish in one hand crap in other see which goes through fingers first the one left is what is worth.

I had no idea I have done great art during numerous conference calls and university lectures. Prior the smartphones; the 'phone call art' was what we did during conf calls.

I must search my old notebooks. There must be millions to be found and sold.

lmao

He is not "selling" he is attempting to sell. He may be "selling" if/when a potential next greater fool shows up with an offer to buy and the money.

The difference between selling and attempting to sell is the active participation of a buyer.