Residency proof

Hello all

I got a residency proof for my driver license a few years ago.

Now I need a new one so what is the process now?

I go to the immigration office ( Chaeng Wattana ) and request one with some residency proof such as my water, electricity, mobile statements and my actual rent contract?

I heard from a person today that Thai immigration doesn't provide that anymore, only embassy. Not sure if that true or valid. Would prefer to go CW since it's literally close to my home.

Also, do I have to go there early in the morning or anytime during the day? I know visa extension takes hours so not sure about residency proof

Thanks

A TM.30 worked for me, and immigration added a letter to the Land Transport Department. That was last month.

Originally, the lady at the Land Transport said a letter from embassy, but didn't make a fuss when presented with the above.

Chaeng Wattana will not issue a certificate of residency unless you are doing 90 day reporting to them. If you are doing them then it will cost 200 baht and they will send it to you in about 3 weeks.

I have heard of only one place that would accept a TM30 as proof of residency to get a drivers license and it was not in Bangkok.

tm 30 facts, nakhon phanom immigration

accepted by local authorities as proof of residency - i bought a car in my own name and got married recently with the tm30 being the proof of residency.

nakhon phanom immigration now requires photo copies of:

picture page of alien passport

tm 6 of alien

entry stamp of alien in alien's passport

front and rear of thai id card of person lodging

I didn't give have to give them photos, but I also paid 200 baht. You will need the application form, a copy of main page of passport, last entry stamp, visa or extension of stay page, last arrival card and 90 day report. They said it would take up to three weeks to arrive but I remember I got it in eleven days. They will want the 90 day report because they will not issue the Residence Certificate to anyone that has not done a 90 day report in their Division 1 office. I did also take some paid utility bills showing my name and address and also my rental contract but I was not asked for them. Again this was at Bangkok Division 1 CW.

res_cert.pdf

• Like 1

Good Luck with the report.

In Chiang Mai I was told that the report takes 30 days for issue. I needed it before that time for my drivers license renewal so they told me to go next door to a small office and I can get it tomorrow, for, wink-wink some tea money!!

Chaeng Wattana will not issue a certificate of residency unless you are doing 90 day reporting to them. If you are doing them then it will cost 200 baht and they will send it to you in about 3 weeks.

I have heard of only one place that would accept a TM30 as proof of residency to get a drivers license and it was not in Bangkok.

To clarify - my post was not referring specifically to Chaeng Wattana, sorry if this was confusing/misleading.

Sometimes "smaller" government offices are actually more accommodating, it seems.

What is temporary? I have O non imm visa. Is that temporary?

In the last 7 years I have never done the TM 30. When my visa was issued my address is given to them on the Tabien Bahn. I thought this wold be sufficient. Last time I got Residency proof, immigration at Udon never said a word. I last entered a week ago so already I am late. What happens in this case?

One other question. How do I go to about getting one from the US Consulate if I am in BFE Isan? Travel to BKK?

Edited by Gonsalviz