Easy Directions From Landmark Hotel Via Expressway To Hua Hin

duan

Next month will be the first time I have driven in Thailand although I have done a lot of travelling by car there as a passenger. I am hoping that someone may be kind enough to give me an idea of easy directions to follow to get from the Landmark via the expressway to the start of highway 35. I will be alright once I have gone over the huge bridge which crosses the river.

Many thanks

turn left out of the landmark on to sukhumvit , go past soi nana and just before the railway tracks and expressway overpass turn left down the road that goes all the way to rama 4.

turn left on rama 4 and keep going until you get to the tesco intersection , turn right , the turn is just before tesco .(make sure you are in the right turn lane before the intersection)

tesco and the shell station should be on your left , keep going across two or three sets of lights , keep in the middle lane. you will see the expressway overpass ahead of you , get into the right turn lane and just before the overpass turn right at the lights , you will be almost under the expressway when you turn , the toll booths are ahead.

40b fee and you are on the expressway , bear left and follow the dao khanong signs , you will eventually come to the rama 9 suspension bridge with the tall bank building on the right.

Thanks for the response. If I manage to force myself into the outside lane having turned left out of the Landmark and turn right onto the expressway after soi 1 what directions do I follow to get to the big bridge?

you cant do it like that. if you get onto the expressway from sukhumvit you will be going in the wrong direction. you will be heading out to the old airport.

you should turn left just before the railway , and following the road that runs parallel to the railway and with the railway on your right and drive straight down to rama 4 , etc.etc.

when you get to the junction with rama 4 , turn left and keep going until you see tesco ahead on the right and carrefour on the left. about 2 kilos.

make sure you are in the right turn lane and turn right , and head for the freeway.

Taxexile is correct, if you do indeed manage to force your way into that outside lane (after having turned left from the Landmark), and then turn right onto the expressway, you will be heading North, not South.

However, if instead of turning right onto the expressway you continue straight along Sukhumvit, remaining in the 5th lane from the left (of six lanes), and then turn right at the next traffic lights (2-300 yds), you will be on Wireless Road. Follow this one-way road to the end (about 1 km), which is a T-junction with Phetchaburi Road. Make sure you are in the far right lane at this T-junction, then turn right onto Phetchaburi.

In 100 yds at the next traffic lights (underneath the expressway overpass) turn right again, and you will be immediately on the expressway heading South.

As taxexile says, follow signs to Dao Khanong until you are over the horrendous Rama IX bridge, then follow signs to Samut Sakhorn.

I doubt there's much real difference in the time taken by these two alternatives, it's just that I have an irrational fear of Rama IV.

it's just that I have an irrational fear of Rama IV.

strange , i have a similar phobia of phetburi road.

i have missed turnoffs and been in wrong lanes for a right or left turn so many times on that road , that i now stay away from it whenever possible , sometimes even taking long detours to avoid it.

Thanks Taxexile I shall walk down there the previous day to check it out. I would be extremely grateful if you could help me with the directions on the return trip to the Landmark from the start of the expressway at the end of highway 35.

Thans very much

Thanks Taxexile I shall walk down there the previous day to check it out. I would be extremely grateful if you could help me with the directions on the return trip to the Landmark from the start of the expressway at the end of highway 35.

Thans very much

Directions given by TaxExile are spot on, you cannot go wrong

coming back after the suspension bridge , on the expressway , follow the bang na / port signs , you leave the expressway to loop around to join another expressway , keep in the left lane , for about 100meters and then drop down the off ramp. at the bottom of the off ramp filter left on the the main road and after a couple of sets of lights you come to the rama 4 junction (tesco is now on your right , there will be the shell station next to tesco on your right and another shell station on your left.

keep in the left lane past that shell station and turn left at rama 4. at the big rachadapisek intersection turn right ( signposted for queen sirikit exhibition centre) and go to sukhumvit , right on sukhumvit and the landmark will be a short distance down on the left.

its a lot more complicated coming back than going out , you have to be in the correct lanes for left and right turns , and the traffic around the tesco/rama4 intersection is heavy and unforgiving. try and get a bangkok road map and plan it out first. if you miss a turning you could be in for a headache trying to double back. the first few times i made that trip i discovered parts of bangkok i never knew existed , and frankly should have remained undiscovered.

the expressways are poorly signposted for those unfamiliar with a route , and the standard of driving on them is poor to say the least.

good luck.

there is another easier way that uses different expressways and brings you down on sukhumvit near nana , but facing the wrong way for the landmark hotel , maybe someone else can offer directions.

keep in the left lane past that shell station and turn left at rama 4. at the big rachadapisek intersection turn right ( signposted for queen sirikit exhibition centre) and go to sukhumvit , right at Asoke junction left on sukhumvit and the landmark will be a short distance down on the left.

A small mistake, turn right you will be heading towards the Emporium.