Jomtien Immagration

TheAceFace

First you must have a non o visa. Then you need a Thai bank account with 400,000 baht or income certified by your Embassy of 49,999 baht per month.

Your wife must go with you and need two copies of marriage certificate, your wifes ID card, ID page in passport, Visa page in passport, and bank book, with a letter from your Thai bank. Then they will intervew you and your wife, take a webcam photo of you, and you will also need 2 4x6CM photos of yourself. One more thing a picture of you with your Thai family in front of your residence and proof of residence, Rental agreement, Chanut etc.

Barry

Cheers Barry

I had the same visa a couple of years ago and did not renew it due to work. Good news I can do this in Jomtien.

Can I get the O one there also?

How can the embassy certfy the income if I get paid from off-shore, will bank statments (pay slips) not do the trick as they have all the info on them?

Thanks again.

Financial requirements have changed.

If prior to 1 Oct. 2006 you've had a previous extension of stay based on supporting a Thai wife the old 400K baht in the bank still applies. However the 400,000 baht must be in the bank for at least 3 months prior to the extension date.

If you're applying for the first time the rule now is that you have to show a monthly income of 40K baht. This can be combined income of the husband and Thai wife and can be either money earned here in Thailand or it can be income from abroad as shown by a letter from the husband's embassy. Money in the bank no longer comes into the equation.

Those who've had prior extensions can also apply for subsequent extensions based on income rather than 400K baht in the bank if they so chose.

-redwood