3 tourist visas Savanakhet, possible?

Hi,

This week I need to get out of the country and I want to apply for a new tourist visa. I've been to Savanakhet for 2 times already and to Vientiane for 1 time already.

My plan is to go to Savanakhet for the 3rd time, this because I booked my flight back to Holland already to get my paperwork done to get a non o visa(marriage).

I have a print of the tickets already.

Will it give problems when I go for the 4th time to Laos to get a tourist visa, single entry?

• There is no published limit so no one can give you a definitive answer. IMO you should be ok if you haven't had a warning stamp already.

Getting a 4th will also depend on whether they give you a warning when getting the 3rd.

If you are already married you can apply for a 60 day extension of stay to visit your wife for 1,900 baht.

I had 2 double and 3 singles back to back, no problem at all.

Might depend a bit on your nationality though.

Just dress up nicely, smile and you should be fine.
I've seen a french guy here who said he had been rejected a double entry at his 4th try, but they gave him a single entry anyway.
No red stamp. Never heard about anybody getting a red stamp in savannakhet, seems to happen mostly in Vientiane.
Make sure you have some cash, 10 or even 20 000 to show at the border when you re-enter thailand.

I've never been asked, not have I seen anybody being asked, but, better stay safe.

i have mine due on the 16/08/2016 2 ,two single entery stamp from Vientiane so watching this post closely ,havent had a red stamp and was thinking maybe Savanakhet for the third so any infomation apprceated . I live bangkok with my girlfriend but not married and we own condo ( i am british) and she works as a bankmanager with k bank.

i have mine due on the 16/08/2016 2 ,two single entery stamp from Vientiane so watching this post closely ,havent had a red stamp and was thinking maybe Savanakhet for the third so any infomation apprceated . I live bangkok with my girlfriend but not married and we own condo ( i am british) and she works as a bankmanager with k bank.

You should not have a problem getting another visa.

I also think you should be fine. You'll get a 3rd for sure, it's also unlikely you'd get a red stamp...but at the 4th, the risk is much higher.

If your point is to avoid any red stamp at all cost, go to savannakhet.

I also think you should be fine. You'll get a 3rd for sure, it's also unlikely you'd get a red stamp...but at the 4th, the risk is much higher.

If your point is to avoid any red stamp at all cost, go to savannakhet.

Yes this is my point want to avoid the red stamp at all costs.

Edited by wilkie111

I spoke to an immigration officer who lives close to me. She called me last morning and I spoke to another guy who is working at the immigration. He told me that I can get a new one there because this year I have just 1 tourist visa. He told me that they give now just 2 tourist visas per year and it doesn't matter if it's always at the same embassy or consulate. So be aware everyone!

Hello everyone, I have lost track of the very latest developments, so I'm a bit confused with what I read here today :

Are you guys saying that it is still possible to get a double-entry tourist visa at Savannakhet consulate, and re-enter Thailand by land on the same day ? My understanding was that all consulates worldwide would only deliver either single or METV visas onwards...

Please enlighten me about the topic. On my current passport, I only have one exempt visa entry, that has been extended for another 30 days a few days ago. I was planning to head to Vientiane for a single entry visa, but I will consider Savannakhet if they DO issue doubles.

Thank you !

I spoke to an immigration officer who lives close to me. She called me last morning and I spoke to another guy who is working at the immigration. He told me that I can get a new one there because this year I have just 1 tourist visa. He told me that they give now just 2 tourist visas per year and it doesn't matter if it's always at the same embassy or consulate. So be aware everyone!

Totally incorrect don't believe that BS.

• Like 1

That sounds more like one of these rumors that crop up on this site regularly.If I am not mistaken immigration doesn't even deal with embassies directly.I just got my 3rd this year, so if it is true it must be a very recent change of policy. Edited by PoorSucker

No more double entry visa even in Savannakhet.

Also, they don't deliver it the same day.

Apply before 11 AM and get your visa next day at 2 PM

That's what I thought, no more double entry tourist visa in Savannakhet or anywhere else. So, the initial post is based on a wrong assumption...And I didn't express myself clearly enough, but I'm aware that you collect your visa on the following day.

But is it still ok to re-enter Thailand immediately by land after receiving the one entry visa in Vientiane or Savannakhet ?

No more double entry visa even in Savannakhet.

Also, they don't deliver it the same day.

Apply before 11 AM and get your visa next day at 2 PM

That's what I thought, no more double entry tourist visa in Savannakhet or anywhere else. So, the initial post is based on a wrong assumption...And I didn't express myself clearly enough, but I'm aware that you collect your visa on the following day.

But is it still ok to re-enter Thailand immediately by land after receiving the one entry visa in Vientiane or Savannakhet ?

Yes.

• Like 1

One last practical question, as I also read contradictory versions on the matter (I guess things tend to change frequently on the ground) : I will reach Udon Thani airport on a Monday at 17:30. Will there a bus running at this time from the airport directly to the Friendship bridge ? And will the green 14 bus on the other side to Vientiane be operating ? That is if the border is open...I read that it remains open until 22:00 when other posters and blogs have mentioned 17:30. Please reply only if you have had direct personal RECENT experience or reliable reports. Last, but not least, any hotels suggestions ? something like the Lao Orchid hotel but without the noise...Thank you

One last practical question, as I also read contradictory versions on the matter (I guess things tend to change frequently on the ground) : I will reach Udon Thani airport on a Monday at 17:30. Will there a bus running at this time from the airport directly to the Friendship bridge ? And will the green 14 bus on the other side to Vientiane be operating ? That is if the border is open...I read that it remains open until 22:00 when other posters and blogs have mentioned 17:30. Please reply only if you have had direct personal RECENT experience or reliable reports. Last, but not least, any hotels suggestions ? something like the Lao Orchid hotel but without the noise...Thank you

There will be vans going from the airport to the bridge in Nong Khai. The bridge is open until 22:00 but best to get there a little earlier than that (perhaps confusion with Savannakhet where the bridge is open late but the Lao visa on arrival office officially closes at 18:00).

Not sure about the bus on the other side of the bridge.

• Like 1