Bangkok tollways: a question...

jonw8uk

So ive just moved to sukhumvit 77, near on nut BTS.

where is my nearest 'on' ramp to head in the direction of Mega Bangna?

Google maps has me getting on at suk 71 on the ram inthara in the wrong direction, coming off at sri nakarin, u turn and back on to pay again. Soi 50 on ramps are as far as i can tell, going the other way also..

Confused....

I live on 71, towards Sukhumvit end. Weekends I just use Berybert's approach.

The entry on 71 is my 'local' but as you have identified, it has some limitations!

If commuting or in a rush, you could enter at ramp near 71, Soi 2, u- turn on the exit ramp after one junction (at Pattanakarn) and head back down the elevated Chonburi expressway.

From 77, unless Sansiri resident, there is a 20 baht fee to cut through their development to 71.

So going to cost 40+40+ elevated tollway+Sansiri 20 = >THB 100.

Return is a bit easier, take elevated tollway all the way to Pattanakarn u-turn and exit on 50, u-turn when ramp meets 50 and this ramp takes you back around to 71 entry ramp but there is exit for local road to take you back to Sansiri cut through.

You dont have to touch the paid roads to get there from where you are. Drive along Sukhumvit then down the frontage road.

Sure, but my preference is to take a toll road whenever I can - Sukhumvit around Bangna is terrible at (all) busy times, and I'd rather pay to avoid traffic lights, queues if possible

I live on 71, towards Sukhumvit end. Weekends I just use Berybert's approach.

The entry on 71 is my 'local' but as you have identified, it has some limitations!

If commuting or in a rush, you could enter at ramp near 71, Soi 2, u- turn on the exit ramp after one junction (at Pattanakarn) and head back down the elevated Chonburi expressway.

From 77, unless Sansiri resident, there is a 20 baht fee to cut through their development to 71.

So going to cost 40+40+ elevated tollway+Sansiri 20 = >THB 100.

Return is a bit easier, take elevated tollway all the way to Pattanakarn u-turn and exit on 50, u-turn when ramp meets 50 and this ramp takes you back around to 71 entry ramp but there is exit for local road to take you back to Sansiri cut through.

Yes, it would appear the pay twice for same toll road, and do a 10km u turn is the only toll option....

I'm in a sansiri building so can do the cut through.

I can understand theres no on ramp on the Ram intra toll, as it ends and merges with the chalerm mahanakorn toll road, but I figured there would be on on ramp in that direction around soi 50 or soi 62. Guess I'm sh*t outta luck sad.png