CCTV access after theft in Condo parking

aquario33

Deep in ____... sorry but you arre very wrong. You should worry when you make comments on a subject you obviously know nothing about.

The OWNER and the Building Management have the rights required to obtain it. The tenant would have to persuade either of those to formally request the video.

>>Actually tenants have every right to ask as the Tennant you become legal guardian of the property hence you can report yourself TM 30. As a Tennant you have lots of rights. <<

​The tenant is not a juristic person .If this guy wants to demand anything he has to go through the owner .If he shows his rental contract the manager may see fit to help him ,but he can not demand it .Then it will be over to the Condo complex manager to deal with it .No good the tenant walking up to reception and just asking any old Condo employee .A police report of stolen property will also be needed .Thats why i think its crazy to get involved in all of this for a bicycle light .A bike when parked up should always be locked and anything easily removable taken off .

Sorry you are incorrect. On all counts.but not to worry.

I amcorrect but hey your crystal ball tells you I know nothing about the rights of Tennant. So you must obviously be right then!!! So I should If I were you stop comenting on things and people you know nothing about.

Edited by Deepinthailand

Deep in ignorance ,you know F.A. ,You are a man who has only ever rented in Thailand and never owned .If you you were ever renting from me i would give you short shift .You would be out on your arse within seconds .

Blah Blah Blah won't stoop to your level MR Warrior you go and enjoy mama's milk

Edited by Deepinthailand

>>Actually tenants have every right to ask as the Tennant you become legal guardian of the property hence you can report yourself TM 30. As a Tennant you have lots of rights. <<

​The tenant is not a juristic person .If this guy wants to demand anything he has to go through the owner .If he shows his rental contract the manager may see fit to help him ,but he can not demand it .Then it will be over to the Condo complex manager to deal with it .No good the tenant walking up to reception and just asking any old Condo employee .A police report of stolen property will also be needed .Thats why i think its crazy to get involved in all of this for a bicycle light .A bike when parked up should always be locked and anything easily removable taken off .

You are quite correct, people should secure their property and have responsibility for that.

But you are wrong to suggest that a bike light is not worth the hassle, those folks think it is the principle that is important so it does not matter if it is One Baht or Ten Million Baht, they think they should respond the same way and demand action from the authorities. Everybody should have principles, right?

And you are right again, it is crazy but that is what we have here.

Onward Christian Soldiers, or non-Christian soldiers, whatever. Onward, onward, onward.

Anto: you are still in my tread and getting personally with some other participants ( which are helpful) , belitteling my concern because its "only a cheap light " and whatsoever.

who are you to judge over others peoples belongings , wether its worth to follow up such ( minor ) theft and giving silly unasked advices wether the bike should be locked etc etc.

What if im telling you that mentioned item disappeared 2m in front of the guards ? under their nose ? what if im interested to figure out how the guards has been involved ???

what if im telling you that mentioned item was >1500 THB ??? HUH?

would it be ok for you somebody slammed and cracked your mirrors at your car , in a place where you are paying for the security???

wouldnt you like to know who did it???? ahh. its just a mirror. hm.?

of course its all about principles. maybe its a question of personality and inner view on such things, not about money. ever thougt about ??

bytheway, my question was as simple .

THANK YOU.

To the OP:

Suggest a polite verbal request to the management / JP manager (for whom you pay their part or all of their salary by way of management / maintenance fees) to see the CCTV footage giving them the date and approximate time of theft.

To an experienced person - this can be done in minutes, by selecting the date and the time (with a few minutes either side) and is unlikely to be refused as nobody likes theft (of any kind or value) on their premises and promotes good relations and after all - what's the point of having CCTV, if you cannot, or will not review it when you have an incident?

The previous references to 'the tape' are out of date and most CCTV now is recorded onto a Hard Drive.

How long before it is looped and recorded over is dependent on, many factors - the size of the HD, how many cameras there are and how much motion there is (movement detection, or 'sleeping').

More than a week can be expected though on average.

The sooner you ask the management to view, the better - and put the clip on a USB stick if you see anything suspicious.