visa-run with non-o multi entry in mae sai ?

joost68

Hello ,

I have a non-o multi entry visa, (married thai wife), my first 90 days end 19 august.

Is it with all the new visa rules, still possible, to cross the bridge at mae sai, go to thakilek, and then come back the same day and get a new 90 days visa ??

Please tell me if this is oke ?, or what else i can do.

kind regards, Joost

The rules come from Bangkok and are national but they do get interpreted differently is some places, for various reasons. You say you have a visa so you shouldn’t have a problem. It is usually the people without visas who have difficulties.

"Hello ,

I have a non-o multi entry visa, (married thai wife), my first 90 days end 19 august.

Is it with all the new visa rules, still possible, to cross the bridge at mae sai, go to thakilek, and then come back the same day and get a new 90 days visa ??

Please tell me if this is oke ?, or what else i can do."

Can you please elaborate what all these new visa rules are?

muzmurray, tell us what visa you have, where and when you got it, how it worked for you last time, and somebody will come along and tell you if there have been any changes since then.

Joost, I also have a Non o multi and cross over every 90 days at Mae Sai. Not only can you go out and come back the same day, but can turn around immediately after getting your passport stamped at the Myanmar immigration office at the end of the bridge. If crossing over on a weekday you could be back in Thailand in less than 10 minutes from the time Thai immigration stamps you out. The Myanmar immigration officials will accept a crisp U.S $10 bill or 500 baht.

Edited by kanook

"Hello ,

The Thai Embassy in the Netherlands told me that there were new rules, and that it was not allowed anymore to live permanent in thailand,

based on a non-immigrant multi entry O visa.

But probably, they read the rules different then at the border checkpoint, according to some senior members of this forum.

There is a great visa forum here on ThaiVisa and they can answer pretty much any question you have about immigration and visas.

If you do not have an answer to the OP why do you even make a post?

I did have an answer. I told him where people on ThaiVisa go to get answers to immigration and visa questions. Some people have difficulty figuring out how ThaiVisa works and need a little help. As it was, Ubonjoe found his way to this forum and gave the answer the OP would have gotten in the other forum. It is really very simple.

"Hello ,

The Thai Embassy in the Netherlands told me that there were new rules, and that it was not allowed anymore to live permanent in thailand,

based on a non-immigrant multi entry O visa.

But probably, they read the rules different then at the border checkpoint, according to some senior members of this forum.

anybody can confirm that there have been changes / new rules again ?

Yes, you can do as you describe (I have done so most recently this month). If you have a valid Non-O multiple entry (or actually, any multiple-entry) that has not expired, then Mae Sai will let you out and Takilek will accept your $10/500฿, and Mae Sai will let you back in. Make sure it is within the 90 day window or you will pay 500฿/day overstay fee (no first day grace period, like at some airports some of the time).

Regarding the comment by the Thai Embassy in the Netherlands, they may be confused. There are no new limits to consecutive Non-O, multiple-entry visas (for reason of marriage) being issued (most convenient place for this is Savannakhet). And there are no new limits to the use of a valid multiple-entry visa, of any kind, at Mae Sai.

Ubon Joe is correct as per the usual.

Edited by khunyod

I do this every 90 days with the same visa as you. The only people who can't go across at Mae Sai are those on visa exempt stamps who want to get another visa exempt stamp. If you have an actual visa, no problem at all. Walk across, pay your 500 baht and get your Burmese stamp, then walk straight back. I'm usually back in the car and driving home about 20 minutes after I arrive.