Replacement visors for motorbike helmets

NanLaew

We have a couple of decent skid lids that have broken visors. Mrs NL took one to the shop she bought it from and he told her she would need to buy a new helmet suggesting nobody carries replacement visors. One helmet is a Space Crown brand and the other (I think) may be Index. I saw some generic looking visors in Tesco Lotus but the fittings are totally different.

Is there a stockist of a comprehensive range of visors in the Pattaya-Naklua-Jomtien area?

Thanks!

NL

Yes, they can help you, but often it makes more sense to buy a new helmet annoyed.gif because the replacement visors are quite expensive in relation to a new helmet.

Yes, they can help you, but often it makes more sense to buy a new helmet annoyed.gif because the replacement visors are quite expensive in relation to a new helmet.

The generic visors I saw in Tesco Lotus were around 60 baht each but of a brand that didn't seem to match any helmet... go figure! Space Crown do have a web site but it is crap and the links to pretty much anything they make are broken.

Just take the visors off and they can use goggles if they want! Buggered if I am forking out for more bloody hats!

I have seen the replacement visors, in Isan, but the difficulty is the plastic screws that hold them in place. Also the helmets only cost 380 Baht in a shop in Nong Bua Lamphu. For me it is just better to buy a new one than hassle with trying to find parts.

I understand the the diligence of the PPD probably keeps the prices higher than here.

Recommended. I've replaced a few visors there, including for an old Space Crown. Not expensive.

...and the did the same for me. Even took a visor of a new Index 'Rookie' kids helmet to replace the one on my lads helmet since they didn't have any single visors in stock for that model. That was 200 baht for his one and 280 baht for Mrs NL's Space Crown mirror-tinted doo dad; fitted while we waited.

Recommended. I've replaced a few visors there, including for an old Space Crown. Not expensive.

...and the did the same for me. Even took a visor of a new Index 'Rookie' kids helmet to replace the one on my lads helmet since they didn't have any single visors in stock for that model. That was 200 baht for his one and 280 baht for Mrs NL's Space Crown mirror-tinted doo dad; fitted while we waited.

200-280 Baht for a visor? How much is a new helmet?

How much is a new helmet?

For a helmet that gives any sort of worthwhile protection at least 2000 baht

those 200 baht helmets you might as well just wear a plastic bucket on your head all they protect against is getting a fine from the police.

200-280 Baht for a visor? How much is a new helmet?

I think the cost of the new Space Crown and Index Rookie helmets was about 1400 baht all together.