Electric bicycles in Chiang Mai - 3 questions

cyberfarang

On ‎8‎/‎31‎/‎2017 at 10:35 AM, anto said:

That shop you mentioned is no longer there .Its on the left as you come in towards town .Maybe still around in another location ?Its all about price and reliability .You can get a good cond.Honda dream for B15,000 and its cheap to run and will last for many years .Electric bikes can not compete with that so far .They will in the future though . 

I realise the price difference but there's also a market for older people who are past the riding motor bike stage like the 2 elderly ladies in our village that just want to get down to the local shops about 1 km .I doubt they go any further and these are ladies well into their 70's. Not in my lifetime but Im sure electic cars and bikes will be common place.

• 1 month later...

Hi Sunny, I cannot understand what you are asking or telling me. If you need to write this message in Chinese or Thai, or some other language, please write to me in that language and I will translate myself. Thanks, Stu

On ‎30‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 10:42 PM, anto said:

DailyMail /Daily Fail can be got in Thailand through a VPN such as Zenmate. Honda is bringing out an Electric Motorcycle in Thailand early next year .It looks similar to the current Honda Cub.If they get the price right ,its to be made in Thailand ,it could be a big success.

"The Honda EV-Cub is available in Taiwan for 120,000-130,000 baht."
"Powered by a 0.9 kWh battery, it peaks at 3.8 hp (2.8 kW) for a range of 34 km (21.1 mi) at 30 km/h (18.6 mph) on level ground."

I'm in doubt about the success in Thailand.

17 hours ago, rebo said:

"The Honda EV-Cub is available in Taiwan for 120,000-130,000 baht."
"Powered by a 0.9 kWh battery, it peaks at 3.8 hp (2.8 kW) for a range of 34 km (21.1 mi) at 30 km/h (18.6 mph) on level ground."

I'm in doubt about the success in Thailand.

The range and speed of that is a non starter .The one they talk about in the Daily Fail may be more advanced .