Multiple Israeli air strikes hit Gaza Strip after Palestinian rocket attack

webfact

Multiple Israeli air strikes hit Gaza Strip after Palestinian rocket attack

606x341_341857.jpg

GAZA STRIP: -- People in the Gaza Strip have been surveying the aftermath of Israeli airstrikes.

Hamas positions have been targeted after a Palestinian rocket attack hit an Israeli border town.

A water tower was damaged during the initial Israeli retaliation.

The Palestinian rocket landed in Sderot on Sunday and, according to police, did not cause any injuries or damage.

Israeli aircraft and tanks reportedly responded by shelling the Gaza town of Beit Hanoun.

It is understood multiple Israeli air strikes hit at least 30 different sites in the Gaza Strip in all, belonging to Hamas and others.

Two people were lightly injured, according to Gaza health officials.

Meanwhile, hundreds of masked Hamas militants have been parading through Rafah in the southern Gaza Strip.

They have been marking the anniversary of the deaths of three senior members – killed during the 2014 war with Israel.

euronews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Euronews 2016-08-23

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

"Hamas positions have been targeted after a Palestinian rocket attack hit an Israeli border town."

When will the Palestinians ever learn? They elected terrorists to govern them and this is what they get. Israel will never let them get away with shooting rockets at civilian targets and the Palestinians will never win militarily.

They cause their own problems as usual.

Edited by Ulysses G.

I must say its been relatively quiet on the Palestinian front for a while to the degree that their army of keyboard warriors have been starved of new material. I guess Hamas decided to remedy this by using their own people as cannon fodder as usual.

5 hours ago, Ulysses G. said:

"Hamas positions have been targeted after a Palestinian rocket attack hit an Israeli border town."

When will the Palestinians ever learn? They elected terrorists to govern them and this is what they get. Israel will never let them get away with shooting rockets at civilian targets and the Palestinians will never win militarily.

Learn what? that sacrificing few thousand dead and countless wounded works well on the world's media and sympathy?, brings in billions in 'rebuilding aids" money the can pocket and use for their agenda? they know very well that they can win over Israel, but they do what they do to stay relevant and keep the world feeling sorry for the " poor Palestinians "

Do they care that 50% of the Gaza population is unemployed? with no future, living on Israel's handouts and fully depended on Israel's supplying them with their daily necessities to just survive?.....

Would seem a better strategy should be in order for Palestinians. They've already lost the war, best they'll ever get is a few unpalatable scraps, more dead bodies wont change that. Israel controls most of the media dialogue, and are fully entrenched, no way they are going anywhere except further expansion. A moral position doesn't a successful outcome make.

4 hours ago, Ulysses G. said:

No Israel causes their problems as usual, about time Israel started to follow the UN decisions and obey international law

They will learn when the Israeli far right gvernment stop stealing their land probably

Still amazed that the land stealing is not view as a part of the problem by the Israel supporters.

Yes Hamas wll never win militariy actions. But as long as their lands are stolen by Israel on stupid/false grounds, as long as Gaza strip and Cisjordania shrink they will continue those kind of actions.

if you steal land, oppress and raze the houses of palestinians to open space for some illegal cheap Israeli settlers that cannot buy any land somewhere else, sure they send you a rocket as they have no way of preventing Israelis for stealing Palestinian land and for razing houses, displacing people. Bc world is semi blind on this. we all speak but no one acts to protect Palestinians according to very basic international laws.

if you keep stealing Palestinian land as a national policy and assign fascists like Avigdor in a key position of defense minister, then please do not complain about some rockets flying around and please never speak about peace!

and what israel is doing is asymmetrical. you get one simple improvised rocket that did not damage or harm and in return, you send 30 shells and destroy homes and harm people!

Israel needs to stop stealing land, razing houses and they need to obey international rules plus remove the national policy of grabbing all Palestinian lands. If Israel does not stop doing these, Israel will be always guilty as what Palestinians do is just a resistance on israeli oppression and illegal expansionism.

There is no peace bc Israel is waiting to steal all the land belongs to Palestinians and If they sign a treaty now, they will have no chance to steal more land and open more space for some illegal cheap settlers anymore. This is the biggest single reason why we cant see peace it looks like.

check the link. Israelis are razing and destroying more houses and displacing people just top open more space for some illegal thugs so called settlers. Recently they destroyed many houses a week or two ago.

during the first half of 2016, more houses were razed then before(except 2013), So Israel want peace or land? Sure land!

http://mondoweiss.net/2016/08/israel-demolishes-palestinian/

Edited by Galactus

Firing one lone home-made rocket into the desert in exchange for 30 or so quite deadly F-16 strikes does not compute to me. If those people are really that stupid, and I don't think they are, It would suit me for Israel to just level Gaza and kill everything that moves.

11 minutes ago, Pakboong said:

Firing one lone home-made rocket into the desert in exchange for 30 or so quite deadly F-16 strikes does not compute to me. If those people are really that stupid, and I don't think they are, It would suit me for Israel to just level Gaza and kill everything that moves.

it is not stupidity it is lack of hope and change 

28 minutes ago, Pakboong said:

Stupidity is doing the same thing over and over again expecting different results.

These rockets are not being fired with the intention of killing people. They are being fired to provoke the very reaction that Israel has taken.

As with the mad stabbers that take knives to a gunfight, this is all part of an ongoing PR and propaganda war.

Israel needs to change its tactics and responses and it needs to do it PDQ. 

Edited by SgtRock

30 minutes ago, Pakboong said:

Deterrence only works if its scope can't be readily calculated by those it's supposed to deter. Hizbollah for example kidnapped and murdered a couple of Israeli soldiers years ago, they didn't figure on Israel leveling large areas of Lebanon. The northern border has been pretty quiet for years since and Hasan Nazrallah was even quoted as stating had he known the degree of Israeli retaliation for the kidnapping operation he would never have ordered it. Those sat thousands of miles away calling for restraint or 'proportionality' obviously don't understand (or don't want to) the concept of deterrence.

I am not suggesting Israel should show restraint. If the Palestinians are so stupid and incompetent that they support the firing of a rocket incapable of hitting a town 840 meters away, then Gaza should be leveled and everyone killed. Israel is not going to run out of response capabilty and the Palestinians are not going to run out of stupidity so what is it we are expecting to happen.

Hamas has other weapons that are reasonably accurate. They have 81mm mortars that could easily hit Sderot. They have only tried during major battles and have had some hits and killed a few Israelis.

Edited by Pakboong

15 minutes ago, Steely Dan said:

Deterrence only works if its scope can't be readily calculated by those it's supposed to deter. Hizbollah for example kidnapped and murdered a couple of Israeli soldiers years ago, they didn't figure on Israel leveling large areas of Lebanon. The northern border has been pretty quiet for years since and Hasan Nazrallah was even quoted as stating had he known the degree of Israeli retaliation for the kidnapping operation he would never have ordered it. Those sat thousands of miles away calling for restraint or 'proportionality' obviously don't understand (or don't want to) the concept of deterrence.

Neither they seem to understand the concept of land stealing...

It is quite strange how the Israeli supporters cautiosly avoid the discussions about this precise point...or not...

As long as Israel will abuse its domination, AND MOSTLY STEAL LAND nothing will move.

6 hours ago, Steely Dan said:

I must say its been relatively quiet on the Palestinian front for a while to the degree that their army of keyboard warriors have been starved of new material. I guess Hamas decided to remedy this by using their own people as cannon fodder as usual.

The rocket was not launched by Hamas, but by a relatively no-name pro-ISIS outfit.

The sustained relative calm was partially due to Hamas motivation to curb such attacks.

The recent rocket attack is not directly tied with any land "theft", razing of houses, or any of the usual wrongs claimed to be carried out by Israel. In all likelihood, it is more to so with rivalry between Palestinian terrorist organizations and their ongoing quest for hardcore reputation. If it does "have" to be related to anything - might be the current meetings in Cairo aimed at facilitating a new round of talks between Israelis and Palestinians.

47 minutes ago, Pakboong said:

I am not suggesting Israel should show restraint. If the Palestinians are so stupid and incompetent that they support the firing of a rocket incapable of hitting a town 840 meters away, then Gaza should be leveled and everyone killed. Israel is not going to run out of response capabilty and the Palestinians are not going to run out of stupidity so what is it we are expecting to happen.

Hamas has other weapons that are reasonably accurate. They have 81mm mortars that could easily hit Sderot. They have only tried during major battles and have had some hits and killed a few Israelis.

Back to spreading your usual nonsense conspiracy theory? Full marks for persistence.

5 minutes ago, Morch said:

The recent rocket attack is not directly tied with any land "theft", razing of houses, or any of the usual wrongs claimed to be carried out by Israel. In all likelihood, it is more to so with rivalry between Palestinian terrorist organizations and their ongoing quest for hardcore reputation. If it does "have" to be related to anything - might be the current meetings in Cairo aimed at facilitating a new round of talks between Israelis and Palestinians.

-In this Tuesday, August 16, 2016 photo, Palestinians pack their belongings after their family house was demolished by Israeli troops in the West Bank village of Sair, near the town of Hebron. Israel said houses were destroyed because lack of building permit, while Palestinians say permits are virtually impossible to obtain and that Israel is evicting them from their land. 

In the first six months of 2016, Israel demolished or confiscated 91 structures funded by the EU or its member states in Gaza, more than in all of 2015, the EU said.

Now maybe it is what you say...but for sure Israel does not help

Edited by GeorgesAbitbol

8 minutes ago, Morch said:

The recent rocket attack is not directly tied with any land "theft", razing of houses, or any of the usual wrongs claimed to be carried out by Israel.

Your use of the word 'claimed' suggests to me that you think there is no theft of land or destruction of Palestinian property. Am I correct in that thinking?

11 minutes ago, GeorgesAbitbol said:

-In this Tuesday, August 16, 2016 photo, Palestinians pack their belongings after their family house was demolished by Israeli troops in the West Bank village of Sair, near the town of Hebron. Israel said houses were destroyed because lack of building permit, while Palestinians say permits are virtually impossible to obtain and that Israel is evicting them from their land. 

In the first six months of 2016, Israel demolished or confiscated 91 structures funded by the EU or its member states in Gaza, more than in all of 2015, the EU said.

Now maybe it is what you say...but for sure Israel does not help

There is no argument that the backdrop of the Israeli-Palestinian conflict serves to fuel further attacks from both sides. To tie a specific attack to something concrete is another thing. Ignoring the dynamics of power struggles within Palestinian society and organizations is just another way of promoting simplified and misleading takes on the OP. 

13 minutes ago, RuamRudy said:

Your use of the word 'claimed' suggests to me that you think there is no theft of land or destruction of Palestinian property. Am I correct in that thinking?

No, you are not. Furthermore, as you have read my posts in the past - you should know better.

Some (or even many) of the transgressions and wrongs committed by Israel are factual, by no means all.

My post was addressing the assignment of Israeli actions as the cause for the specific attack.

and palestinians need to get permit from Israel to build homes on their Palestinian soil! what nonsense is that!

it is a desperate situation for Palestinians and they are going through desperate measures. i cant blame them to be honest.

no peace, no life and Palestinians live in a large open prison for decades under iron rule of fascist Israel governments.

stop land stealing, let fascists and racists like Avigdor Lieberman leave the governance, show some compassion to Palestinians and peace might prevail.

if Israel continues this way, Isreal will also turn to an open prison with international embargoes and sanctions.

Edited by Galactus

Time to stop stalling and sign that peace treaty.

I genuinely believe the Palestinians could have had a peace treaty,  and been helped to create thriving communities anytime since about 1949.

Instead the get manipulated by religious zealots and extremists in countries that, whilst the same religion and race, actually help them little in reality.

Israel responds to attack in the only way terrorists understand. Something the West is now beginning to understand. 

4 hours ago, yardrunner said:

No Israel causes their problems as usual, about time Israel started to follow the UN decisions and obey international law

Just like China, Russia, US, and just about everybody else including terrorist groups obeys the UN and whatever you classify as "international law".

1 hour ago, Galactus said:

and palestinians need to get permit from Israel to build homes on their Palestinian soil! what nonsense is that!

it is a desperate situation for Palestinians and they are going through desperate measures. i cant blame them to be honest.

no peace, no life and Palestinians live in a large open prison for decades under iron rule of fascist Israel governments.

stop land stealing, let fascists and racists like Avigdor Lieberman leave the governance, show some compassion to Palestinians and peace might prevail.

if Israel continues this way, Isreal will also turn to an open prison with international embargoes and sanctions.

This topic is about a rocket attack launched from the Gaza Strip. There are no Israeli troops, no requirements for Israeli building permits, no illegal Israeli settlements and no ongoing land "theft".

Those finding Israeli politicians unsavory would do well to have a clue as to what their Palestinian counterparts are like. Same same.

But do carry on about "nonsense", rather than addressing the  OP....:coffee1:

1 minute ago, Baerboxer said:

Just like China, Russia, US, and just about everybody else including terrorist groups obeys the UN and whatever you classify as "international law".

So because other powerful countries ignore UN resolutions which go against their illegal activities, Israel should be excused the same? Should we all submit to bullies no matter how they persecute us and steal our land and our rights?