Watching Ashes Cricket

davek

Anyone know a bar or restaurant in Chiang Mai that is showing the Ashes cricket? Also, Anyone know of a satellite system that carries a channel that shows Ashes cricket, such as SkySports (UK) or Channel 9 (Australia)?

Thanks.

It's on UBC.One of the PFV channels.The UN Irish pub has it.

It is NOT on the Australian Broadcasting network! but is in UBC (PPV) and free on WE TV. Irish Pub & True Blue are showing and am sure The Pub will. Not sure about the other "farang" Bars

It isn't on WETV mate.

You can watch it all LIVE on the net if you have a very fast connection via the ACB fir $20 US the whole lot.

Looks like it will be pretty one sided though...back to reality boys, every single bounce went your way last time. Now, it's going to be as it should be...Australia very easily.

It's on UBC.One of the PFV channels.The UN Irish pub has it.

It is NOT on the Australian Broadcasting network! but is in UBC (PPV) and free on WE TV. Irish Pub & True Blue are showing and am sure The Pub will. Not sure about the other "farang" Bars

It isn't on WETV mate.

You can watch it all LIVE on the net if you have a very fast connection via the ACB fir $20 US the whole lot.

Looks like it will be pretty one sided though...back to reality boys, every single bounce went your way last time. Now, it's going to be as it should be...Australia very easily.

It IS on WETV as I watched it in True Blue Yesterday (on one of the South African Sports Channels)

Was watching in the UN Irish pub this afternoon. 'tis a difficult time to be English we're being stuffed :D

And you got done like a hot dinner at Twickenham yesterday too. :D

As for the ashes though, England haven't got a "bolters"

If games are not shortened because of rain it will be Oz 5 - England 0

:o

:D I was always told that you don't hit people when they are down

Edited by john b good

Was watching in the UN Irish pub this afternoon. 'tis a difficult time to be English we're being stuffed :D

And you got done like a hot dinner at Twickenham yesterday too. :D

As for the ashes though, England haven't got a "bolters"

If games are not shortened because of rain it will be Oz 5 - England 0

:o

:D I was always told that you don't hit people when they are down

Yeah Twickenham was a bl**dy disaster English rugby has been a disaster since the WC. :D

As for the criket I seem to remember MCGrath making 5-0 claims after the first test last time and we knoiw what happend then. :D

(Says Englishman more in hope than expectation)

It IS on WETV as I watched it in True Blue Yesterday (on one of the South African Sports Channels)

That's great news. I tried the Australia channel first and didn't see anything.

Those south african channels are hit and miss for me...some days they work fine, other days i get no signal.

I have three of them, one is always a poor reception.

Are they like that for you fellas?

I have WETV via cable, not sattelite btw.

For the other poster: WETV is 350 baht a month and excellent value. Only in limited areas though / only CM.

It is channels from all around the world.

Edited by KhunLing

Thanks for all the responses, much appreciated. I have WETV but I can't get half the channels they list in their printed guide, let alone the ones they don't (South African etc).

Anyone know if NSS (North Star Sat) carries a channel showing it?

Of course I could reinstall ludicrously expensive UBC and fork out the PPV fee but from my experience with them it would be 2008 before it was up and running...

Am listening on the net at the moment through Cricket Australia. Aus$19 for the series and have signed up PPV on UBC. 1500baht for the series is OK.

Not the most exciting play at the moment though. At least England are making a fist of it.

You might have me eating my words MB although it is still early days :o

Am listening on the net at the moment through Cricket Australia. Aus$19 for the series and have signed up PPV on UBC. 1500baht for the series is OK.

Not the most exciting play at the moment though. At least England are making a fist of it.

You might have me eating my words MB although it is still early days :o

Cheers JBG couple of wickets before close will do very nicely thank you. Not much in the pitch though.

Nice moment seeing McGarth wave at the crowd after going for 100 without a wicket. :D Now thre's a rarity.

langer out, day 2, england will win :o

A good day but I think there's a fairway to go until we break out the party buckets.

I am just hoping for a series as competitive as the last one and the last 2 days have at least given me hope after the appalling showing lby England last week. I also want to see Monty play.