Spokesman: Trump now believes President Obama was born in US 

webfact

1 hour ago, PTC said:

In all this ducking and diving, you have never once said that you reject Trump's LIE about President Obama's place of birth and his right to be President of the United States. 

Lying? I have said that Obama was born in Hawaii, many times over many years. I am not the one lying here. :whistling:

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 hours ago, Ulysses G. said:

Lying? I have said that Obama was born in Hawaii, many times over many years. I am not the one lying here. :whistling:

Don't necessarily doubt your word because you do vary some, but among all the rightwhingenut attacks and assaults against President Obama over the years and more recently the Republican primary campaign led by Trump's multiplicity of daily lies, those posts seem to have vanished into the ever expanding maw of rightwingnoidia.  

This poster still maintains you'll vote Trump on your concerns about the soon to be reshaped lineup of justices of Scotus. It's going to be a killer to the lunar right to see the court flip back to what it was by the time FDR died until Nixon's time 25 years later -- and since. Time for the pendulum to chop swing on this one.

No way I wuz able to edit or to cancel the duplicate post. Could not insert anything into the blank post once I'd cleared it out. Like a wall against entering anything in the blank space.

Where did the option go to cancel the quoting of another's post???? It does not appear on any one of my several browsers since the TV reformatting. Can't cancel a post at all under any circumstances.

No way I wuz able to edit or to cancel the duplicate post. Could not insert anything into the blank post once I'd cleared it out. Like a wall against entering anything in the blank space.

Where did the option go to cancel the quoting of another's post???? It does not appear on any one of my several browsers since the TV reformatting. Can't cancel a post at all under any circumstances.

On September 17, 2016 at 7:35 PM, Monomial said:

This is actually NOT true, and is the very crux of the whole birther argument. At the time of Obama's birth, US law required that a US citizen had lived in the United States for a minimum of 5 years after their 18th birthday in order to convey citizenship. The law has since been changed so that 5 years are required, but only 2 of which must be after the age of 18. (I researched all of this when my children were born.)

When Obama was born, the US was still under the old rules, and his mother did not have 5 years of residency in the US after the age of 18. This meant that he would not have been an American citizen, and thus the speculation that the family conspired to falsify birth records so he could have an American passport.

Completely different from Mitt Romney, whose parents were qualified to transmit citizenship.

This is way off. Research US Nationality act of 1952. According to statute at the time, EVEN IF Obama had been born in Kenya (he wasn't) he would have acquired US citizenship through his mother at the moment of birth, a natural born citizen. Another reason this entire issue has been a complete pile of conspiratorial racist garbage from beginning. Obamas problem is not Constitutional qualification or foreign conspiracy, going to the point of some Manchurian Candidate manipulation placing false announcement of birth in Honolulu newspapers. The problem is him being raised and influenced in a way his entire life that makes him generally hostile to the US, unfairly critical of it's history. He has worked his whole career to fundamentally change the country to something it is not and this is clearly evident in his writings, speeches  and actions ever since he took public office.

Edited by Dipterocarp

The rightwhingenoids even got themselves their Number One Birther Guy as the 2016 nominee of the Republican party for Potus.

Those guyz over there of the far out lunar right are going to get their guy in the White House and run right over the rest of the country if we don't get up and knock 'em back and down. And out.

It's up to us, strictly and completely. Voting for some third party goof off gets us similar to what we got from the Bush family mafia running the Republican party in 2000. The whingenuts are running it now.

1 hour ago, Publicus said:

Don't necessarily doubt your word because you do vary some, but among all the rightwhingenut attacks and assaults against President Obama over the years and more recently the Republican primary campaign led by Trump's multiplicity of daily lies, those posts seem to have vanished into the ever expanding maw of rightwingnoidia.  

See my post above. Has not "vanished" at all.

On 9/16/2016 at 2:27 AM, dunroaming said:

I am not sure who is driving the Donald train these days?  Clearly his behaviour is getting more and more bizarre.  Inviting a talk show host to ruffle his hair?  Very Presidential!  He is obviously trying to change peoples perception of him but to what end?

If you look at the latest LA times national tracking poll today you will see that the Donald is up by 7 points over Hillary, so I guess that is to what end  :thumbsup:

16 minutes ago, linksman00 said:

If you look at the latest LA times national tracking poll today you will see that the Donald is up by 7 points over Hillary, so I guess that is to what end  :thumbsup:

The LA Times/USC poll is admittedly experimental. The salient feature of it is that the poll takers themselves assign undecided or unsure voters to a candidate, which is at its core a summary action that is unscientific and unprecedented.

Standard polling assigns undecided or unsure voters as being, well, undecided or unsure. Standard polling then also does a separate and distinct calculation that includes these voters as "lean" one way or the other, but standard scientific polling does not include these voters in a single final figure of, say, 52-48 for example of all likely voters. The inclusion of leaners would show a different outcome, such as 55-45 for instance.

Washington Post is doing a similar experimental poll of likely voters but with a representative sample ten times the size of the LAT-USC poll. Whereas the LAT-USC poll is national in scope, the WaPo poll is taken in each of the 50 states.

Given the election is decided by who wins which states to get the total of 270 Electoral College Votes needed to win, and if one wants to consider this experimental online and unchanging sample polling technique, the WaPo poll might be the more accurate one. WaPo continues to show HRC narrowly ahead in almost all of the traditional battleground states, excepting Iowa.

If HRC's consistent and narrow lead in traditionally red NC holds up, Trump can't win even if he prevails in Ohio and Florida. The numbers just don't add up for him. No way, no how.

The standard polling is consistent over a long period of time, whereas the LA Times and WaPo polls are experimental. It would be prudent to give a great attention to the standard polling organisations while keeping an eye on the experimental ones.

Unless or until the experimental ones prove their accuracy, we'd need to stay with the standard polling. And the only way for the experimental polls to show their accuracy is by being accurate, i.e., that what the experimental polls show the day after the election when all the votes have been counted is consistent with their pre-election day findings. Not likely frankly. 

9 hours ago, augustwest said:

The real question here is whether he is Christian or a Moslem. His father was a Moslem and he studied the Quran in Indonesia for a few years. Many of his policies are pro Moslem. Isis was a JV squad and on and on

No my friend the real questions is who cares about any of this nonsense!  The damage to the U.S. and the world has already been done, thankfully 4 months from now this clown will be out on his as$ :)

If he says he's Christian he's a Christian. Other than the very unusually large number in America of Evangelicals and Mormons, etc. most rational and successful people in the do not believe in supernaturalism. Trump surely doesn't. They participate/profess religion for social reasons. Part of playing the game. Certainly not gonna get elected to major office professing atheism. Obama attended Jeremiah Wrights church because it fit in with the blame whitey/ America crowd he served until the anti-americanism became to harsh. Obama set his sights higher than street organizing at that time so he quit. All entirely self- serving in the end.

Edited by Dipterocarp

47 minutes ago, Dipterocarp said:

If he says he's Christian he's a Christian. Other than the very unusually large number in America of Evangelicals and Mormons, etc. most rational and successful people in the do not believe in supernaturalism. Trump surely doesn't. They participate/profess religion for social reasons. Part of playing the game. Certainly not gonna get elected to major office professing atheism. Obama attended Jeremiah Wrights church because it fit in with the blame whitey/ America crowd he served until the anti-americanism became to harsh. Obama set his sights higher than street organizing at that time so he quit. All entirely self- serving in the end.

Quite frankly, there is more evidence that Obama is Christian than has ever existed to prove Trump is Christian. Trump morphed into a believer for this election, but knows less about the bible and its teachings than most 10 year old Alter boys.

Edited by keemapoot

9 hours ago, Ulysses G. said:

Why are you linking to articles and attributing them to me?

Where do you get the chutzpah to call other people liars?

Really? Anything to squirm out of this conundrum that your endorsement of Trump's LIES has placed you in.

You referenced the McClatchy report forum Post 89 without referencing any source. I linked to that source because it is clear that you have no problem with fabricating the truth or 'lying by omission' and checking sources is best done with any of your highly biased, prejudicial and partisan claim.

Irrespective of whether or not you admit the President was born in Hawaii, you still endorse Trump's perpetuation of a LIE and no amount of deflection to some rogue volunteer from Hillary's 2008 campaign will allow you to avoid this.

On 18 กันยายน 2559 at 11:22 AM, Briggsy said:

Sadly, there is zero chance that Trump will focus on any relevant issues. The moment he tries, his lack of knowledge is exposed and his ideas are shown to be extremely shallow reflecting his lack of any administrative experience.

I can guarantee he will shift the media focus onto some other ridiculous and frivolous "story". This is his strategy.

Have you ever watched a Clinton speech? It is usually just an anti Trump rant. Pot, kettle and black come to mind.

I loved the way Trump played the media for fools before his "news conference" saying he believes Obama is an American. Classic.

11 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Have you ever watched a Clinton speech? It is usually just an anti Trump rant. Pot, kettle and black come to mind.

I loved the way Trump played the media for fools before his "news conference" saying he believes Obama is an American. Classic.

Both defences straight out of the Trump playbook.

1. When criticised, throw the identical criticism back at the other side, irrespective of any relevance.

2. The "I was just kidding, I was just playing you" defence for a complete reversal in position.

Trump is gonna get destroyed on Nov 8.

Edited by Briggsy

8 hours ago, PTC said:

You referenced the McClatchy report forum Post 89 without referencing any source. 

Wrong again. I did not refer to a newspaper article. I mentioned a statement to James Asher by Sidney Bloomenthal. The article was YOURS and you attributed it to me. That was - yet another - fabrication on your part.

8 hours ago, PTC said:

Irrespective of whether or not you admit the President was born in Hawaii, you still endorse Trump's perpetuation of a LIE and no amount of deflection to some rogue volunteer from Hillary's 2008 campaign will allow you to avoid this.

A staffer on Hillary's campaign and don't forget the photos of Obama in Muslim gear that they circulated - not to mention the statement that Sydney Blumenthal made to a high level journalist. 

Hillary's supporters pushed this rumor for YEARS before Trump got on board.

17 minutes ago, Ulysses G. said:

A staffer on Hillary's campaign and don't forget the photos of Obama in Muslim gear that they circulated - not to mention the statement that Sydney Blumenthal made to a high level journalist. 

Vintage crooked Hillary…to which we can add SNEAKY and PERVERSE.

33 minutes ago, Ulysses G. said:

Wrong again. I did not refer to a newspaper article. I mentioned a statement to James Asher by Sidney Bloomenthal. The article was YOURS and you attributed it to me. That was - yet another - fabrication on your part.

It is not my article. It is called the SOURCE. It was the source of your information.

You said that Hillary Clinton started the Birther rumors. That is a LIE. You said that Hillary Clinton's Campaign started the Birther rumors. That is a LIE. You said and continue to say that supporters of Hillary Clinton started and continue to fan the Birther rumors citing the McClatchy article and that is also a LIE.

One person in the 2008 Campaign sent an email. They were dismissed. You cannot take this as any support to your LIE that Hillary's supporters fanned the rumor. Your citation of Blumenthal's comments is not substantiated. Blumenthal has denied saying this. You have evidence otherwise? If not, then this is another LIE that you perpetuate.

The evidence is clear. Birtherism started in 2004 and was coopted by Trump for political reasons to appeal to racists.

You continue to endorse Trump's LIE 

34 minutes ago, Ulysses G. said:

This is a LIE. It has been disproven with evidence and citations from SOURCES.

9 minutes ago, PTC said:

It is not my article. It is called the SOURCE. It was the source of your information.

No. It wasn't and it is a fact that Hillary's supporters pushed the rumor long before Trump even mentioned it. Please quit posting fiction and insisting that it is true.

You can cease the flames and baiting as well. They are against the forum rules.

Edited by Ulysses G.

3 minutes ago, Ulysses G. said:

No. It wasn't and it is a fact that Hillary's supporters pushed the rumor long before Trump even mentioned it. Please quit posting fiction and insisting that it is true. You can cease the flames and baiting as well.

This is a LIE. It has been disproven with evidence and citations from SOURCES.

You have zero authority to instruct any poster despite your tens of thousands of posts, many of which call other posters liars.

You perpetuate Trump's Birther LIE and you perpetuate the continued LIE about Hillary Clinton's alleged association with it, an association that is disproved by evidence and citations from SOURCES.

2 hours ago, PTC said:

I am waiting for the evidence of your accusation.

There has been TONS of evidence presented - on two different threads - about Hillary supporters pushing the rumor long before Trump. as usual, you just keep denying the FACTS. Keep your dishonest "Liar" comments to yourself.

Then, as Obama marched toward the presidency, a new suggestion emerged: That he was not eligible to serve.

That theory first emerged in the spring of 2008, as Clinton supporters circulated an anonymous email questioning Obama’s citizenship.

“Barack Obama’s mother was living in Kenya with his Arab-African father late in her pregnancy. She was not allowed to travel by plane then, so Barack Obama was born there and his mother then took him to Hawaii to register his birth,” asserted one chain email that surfaced on the urban legend site Snopes.com in April 2008.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2011/04/birtherism-where-it-all-began-053563#ixzz4KixezeDj

And don't forget the photos of Obama in African gear that Hillary's campaign circulated:

Obama campaign manager David Plouffe accused the Clinton campaign Monday of "shameful offensive fear-mongering" by circulating a photo as an attempted smear.

Plouffe was reacting to a banner headline on the Drudge Report saying that aides to Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton (D-N.Y.) had e-mailed a photo calling attention to the African roots of Sen. Barack Obama (D-Ill.).
Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2008/02/obama-slams-smear-photo-008667#ixzz4KiyXdDd5

Does Clinton have a Blumenthal birther problem?

Rodham Clinton wanted to hire Mr. Blumenthal, a loyal confidant who had helped her promote the idea of a 'vast right-wing conspiracy' more than a decade ago. But President Obma's campaign veterans still blamed him for spreading harsh attacks against their candidate in the primary showdown with Mrs. Clinton last year."

It now looks like those "harsh attacks" that Blumenthal spread included birtherism. James Asher, former editor of McClatchy's DC bureau alleged Friday that Blumenthal had in fact directly brought the allegations to the newspaper chain in 2008 and asked them to investigate.

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/does-clinton-have-a-blumenthal-birther-problem/article/2602090

Edited by Ulysses G.