Receiving Package via Thai Post Office

GaryB1263

They start charging you rent after holding it for 7 days.  Don't know how long before they send it back.  The document you got telling you to pick it up has the address of the location holding the package stamped on it.  You go there during business hours with your passport, pay the customs duty and VAT, if any, and they'll give you your package and a receipt, if you ask for one.

Normally packages are delivered to address and if nobody there to receive it a card is provided so you can pick up at post office - or are you saying it is only addressed to post office?  Have no idea how long it would be kept at post office.

If you can't find the card, a copy of the tracking info from the website should be enough for them to identify the package.  Make sure you take your passport for ID when collecting.

33 minutes ago, GaryB1263 said:

Thanks guys. This is the stuff I needed to know. I will see if the office at the condo has the card. I don't know why they didn't sign for it?

If you come up a blank with the office staff having the card (and I know you will), the earlier advice of printing out the tracking info from Thailand Post will mean a much faster recovery at the Banglamung post office.

I advise going there around 11 AM on Monday as it's standing room only when they first open. Ignore the 'take a number' option as they appear to have abandoned that and you need to stick your tracking number printout on the big spike on the desk (left side as you come in) with everyone elses. Watch the staff as they come and take receipts off the spike; there a good chance that since yours isn't a standard card, it will get pulled quickly. Since the package has been there for a while, it may take some time to find. Show your ID, confirm that the package is yours, sign off and away you go.