Too much of a good thing?

Spaniel

15 minutes ago, grumbleweed said:

In your attempt to discredit me and or make yourself look smart, you are embarrassing yourself. The case you link to concerns NAD+ and laboratory experiments on mice, specifically its effect on multiple sclerosis. It has no relationship to food supplements, neither in the quality or the way NAD+ is administered

The effects of NAD+ are well documented and this is probably the reason the supplement industry has jumped on the bandwagon. As I already mentioned: manufacturers highlight the benefits of the compound in question. They do not say that their product will bestow these benefits because to do so they would have to provide scientific evidence. - they can't

The human digestive system is a very hostile environment, why do you think  insulin is injected? I doubt very much that NAD+ or NAD can even make it through the digestive system. Enzymes and co enzymes are synthesized from precursors, which we get from a well balanced diet.

Some people are unable to absorb or synthesize certain compounds, which is where medical intervention is required, Medication could be given to facilitate the processes or the necessary compounds could be given intravenously, but whatever the method, this goes way beyond simply swallowing a Harry Potter-esque magic potion

What?

Why don't you say that the quote is from another thread?

The example I gave was to show the sort of info it is possible to obtain when you do your own studies....

4 minutes ago, laislica said:

Actually, I don't watch Dr Oz....

If there is a ground swell of different qualified scientists, Dr's etc saying similar things, then that would lend some credibility.

As I have said, it's very difficult to know who to believe.

It certainly is difficult. And I often wonder if one can't make oneself sick, just worrying about the latest report (or reference thereto), of what else is going to kill you. Personally I accept that life is a terminal condition and, within reason, one should try to spend as much of ones time enjoying every minute of it.

20 minutes ago, fstarbkk said:

It certainly is difficult. And I often wonder if one can't make oneself sick, just worrying about the latest report (or reference thereto), of what else is going to kill you. Personally I accept that life is a terminal condition and, within reason, one should try to spend as much of ones time enjoying every minute of it.

I agree with you completely.

I watched a film from The Sacred Science team.

They took 8 sick people from around the world into the Amazon jungle to see if they were able to cure their sickness.

Each person was given their own hut and left to relax and contemplate.

Along with the concoctions, that Shaman blessed, the Shaman also performed rituals.

There were also group therapy meetings but they were not shown in detail.

So, in my mind, any "cure" or improvement was heavily dependant on the state of mind of the patient.

The conclusion that I took from this was exactly as you said, we can make ourselves sick with wrong thinking.

Therefore is it possible that we can "Think" ourselves well again?

In 1984, my elder sister died of breast cancer.

She had become a Christian Scientist and was in their hospital facility in Hampstead, North London.

No meds, not even an aspirin.

She was told by the nurses that unless she was able to forgive all the people for which she felt anger, she could not even begin to feel better.

So, was she thinking herself sick?

I think so.

Ever heard of African Witch Doctors "Pointing the bone" and someone dying?

Our minds are the most powerful tool that we misuse!

PS

In 1981, a long time g/f of mine in the UK had breast cancer. A lymph node was removed and she had radiation therapy.

Her oncologist said she should have chemo but she declined.

The Dr said that without the chemo, she would have less than 20% chance of surviving!

What a thing to say!

Well, she set her mind on staying in remission.

In 2009, a cancer returned but we are no longer in touch so I can't add more.

In the late 90's I broke my clavicle and two Dr's said that I would be crippled, unable to raise my arm to comb my hair.

I determined to show them that this was not going to be the case. I did not trust them because they said that the break was not from the current accident, but was a childhood accident when I was about 4 or 5.

As it happened, I had a full chest X-Ray a few years earlier and there was no break.

I showed them the X-Ray and they were astonished, saying that without the X-Ray, they wouldn't have believed it!

Well I exercised through the pain and I have a full range of movement!
The Mind better than pills?

I'm not saying that all meds are bad, there are emergency situations when modern meds will save a life for sure.

It's just that we have been given to believe that there is always going to be a med to relieve the symptoms that we suffer from.

We fail to take responsibility and poke far too much junk into our mouths, sit on our backsides all day and expect a Dr. to fix it for us with a pill

The first thing we should do, when we become sick, IMHO, is to consider why our immune system is not functioning correctly.

Then eat foods aimed at boosting it and stop the "foods" that are suppressing ti.

Also get more movement into our bodies.

Edited by laislica
PS

1 hour ago, laislica said:

I agree with Impulse who said: Bottom line, I'm in favor of a continued discussion, not putting an end to the discussion based on one opinion on the continuum.

To have discussions with an open mind would be excellent.

I value the opinions of others but only to give me more things to think about and more avenues to follow.

I agree that there is much misinformation out there and it is quite difficult to find a really honest source.

I appreciate the support.

And as much (or more than) I value the opinions of others, I value hearing about the experiences of others.  If you ate nothing but pineapple for a month and your hemorrhoids went away, that's good information.  Of course I'm being flippant about the pineapple and the 'roids, but lots of people have tried lots of things and what they learned could be helpful to others.

Also, there are lots of exotic foods available in Thailand, and lots of comfort foods that aren't.  And a lot of supplements that are and aren't legal and available here.   It's great to hear experiences of people who have successfully adapted to a Thai centric diet- what did you add, and what were you able to leave out?

Edited by impulse

5 minutes ago, impulse said:
1 hour ago, laislica said:

I agree with Impulse who said: Bottom line, I'm in favor of a continued discussion, not putting an end to the discussion based on one opinion on the continuum.

To have discussions with an open mind would be excellent.

I value the opinions of others but only to give me more things to think about and more avenues to follow.

I agree that there is much misinformation out there and it is quite difficult to find a really honest source.

I appreciate the support.

And as much (or more than) I value the opinions of others, I value hearing about the experiences of others.  If you ate nothing but pineapple for a month and your hemorrhoids went away, that's good information.  Of course I'm being flippant about the pineapple and the 'roids, but lots of people have tried lots of things and what they learned could be helpful to others.

The problem with discussions on TVF, for me at least, is that some posters seem to enjoy just ridiculing anecdotal evidence and bashing it without offering any real alternative.

Science is a wonderful thing, when used well, but!

IMHO, we have lost touch with nature and we have changed nature beyond belief.

When I was a kid, radiation was a few low power HF frequencies from radio transmitters.

Then we got some TV, just the one channel.

Now we have a massive 50Hx high voltage power grid. Thousands of high power Phone transmitters. Millions of WiFi transmitters and the many TV and radio channels.

Cat Scans, MRI's etc.

Just sitting in our flat my iPad shows more other WiFi signals than I care to count.

We switch ours off when not in use but the rest of the world seems not to LOL

Nature? Pesticides, chem fertilisers, GMO, industrial agriculture, flame retardant in furniture,- carpets etc off gassing, etc. etc.

It also appears that if you talk about Natural remedies rather than conventional treatments, then you are talking Alternative and are a whack job?

IMHO, it's the conventional that is the alternative! Nature came first!

We're DOOMED I tell you DOOMED LOL

On this happy note, I go out for some exercise.

On 10/22/2016 at 4:57 PM, laislica said:

OP, you didn't give your age.

If you are young, good time to consider what to do to keep in good health.

If you are old, good time to consider how to improve health as stuff wears out!

Better late than never!

Here are my thoughts.

Use common sense and your own observations along with the scientific studies but make sure that the studies are fair and they have not cherry picked the participants by say exclusion and that their results are believable. Just because it's called a scientific study doesn't make it true!

As has been said, if you don't absorb the supplement, you are wasting your money at best.

I would reconsider the calcium.

Years ago a friend gave up dairy but worried that she would not get enough calcium and took a daily supplement.

2 or 3 decades later her heart valves were clogged with calcium, she almost died and needed them to be replaced.

Her life is now far from perfect.

Calcium needs co-factors like Vitamin D3, Vitamin K etc. to direct it into bones not arteries etc.

You need boo-available calcium, ideally from whole food, then you get the necessary co-factors.

I would also research into what NOT to consume so that you may enjoy better health.

Reducing Omega 6 and trans fats would be a great start.

Cutting down on sugar (of all types, there are at least 50 different names that are used to hide that sugar is in various, so called - health foods)

I would look into the effects that gluten has on me.

There is a Harvard Medical School study that shows that no human has the necessary enzymes to fully digest gluten.

That depending on the expression of your genes it may affect a particular body part(s).

Every time you eat it, there will be small tears in the gut lining, but hey the body repairs it very quickly when you are young and otherwise healthy.

However, we do this all day, every day and when we are older, we may have a problem like a leaky gut, or impaired cognition etc.

Google for Extinguishing Inflammation with Real Foods and follow this up if you have time.

The problem with food though is that it ain't what it used to be!

Industrial farming methods and over use of chemical fertilisers, pesticides, GMO etc poison and deplete the soil of the necessary good bacteria.

The food produced often does not have all the necessary vitamins and minerals.

So yes, I agree that some, but vary careful supplementation may help.

As supplements your flax seeds, walnuts and fish oil capsules sound great.

Despite what Grumbleweed says,Google is your friend, do your own research.

Here is an example:- http://www.nature.com/articles/ncomms6101

and good luck.

The calcium tablet  that I take daily has vitamin D-3.

1 hour ago, Spaniel said:

The calcium tablet  that I take daily has vitamin D-3.

I eat lots of green leafy veg, lightly cooked or raw in salads so I have plenty of calcium and potassium.

A favourite dish is spinach with setas (a type of mushroom) lightly stir fried with coconut oil.

Here's something I suggest you look into?.

Check on the source of the calcium cos ground sea shells ain't the same as calcium from veggies, not all calcium is readily absorbed.

Do your own research and decide what's what for yourself once you have enough reliable info.

I'm not going to comment on the ramblings about curing cancer with fruit.

if you want scientific studies and peer review articles on pretty much ANYTHING, I would suggest spending some time searching out the individual supplements here: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmedhealth/

personally I do a lot of sports and I sweat like a baboon. I used to drink things like Gatorade or similar and people would tell me it would replenish things I had lost through playing sports. When I started taking a bit more interest into what was going into my body, I realized it was just full of sugar and other rubbish. So I did my own research as to what my body needed after sports. I need electrolytes. So I sourced where I can buy powdered electrolytes and add them to water. Tastes disgusting, but I'm not doing it for taste. I also add a few other things like glucosamine for joints (Jury is still out on the effectiveness on glucosamine supplements - but where I get them from they are pretty cheap so I'm not too bothered)

Balanced diet is a great term to use - but what does that mean? I would suggest it varies not only from person to person but day to day depending on what you are doing, age, sex, etc. 

4 hours ago, ncc1701d said:

I'm not going to comment on the ramblings about curing cancer with fruit.

if you want scientific studies and peer review articles on pretty much ANYTHING, I would suggest spending some time searching out the individual supplements here: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmedhealth/

personally I do a lot of sports and I sweat like a baboon. I used to drink things like Gatorade or similar and people would tell me it would replenish things I had lost through playing sports. When I started taking a bit more interest into what was going into my body, I realized it was just full of sugar and other rubbish. So I did my own research as to what my body needed after sports. I need electrolytes. So I sourced where I can buy powdered electrolytes and add them to water. Tastes disgusting, but I'm not doing it for taste. I also add a few other things like glucosamine for joints (Jury is still out on the effectiveness on glucosamine supplements - but where I get them from they are pretty cheap so I'm not too bothered)

Balanced diet is a great term to use - but what does that mean? I would suggest it varies not only from person to person but day to day depending on what you are doing, age, sex, etc. 

Thanks for your views and especially the link which now sits on my bookmark bar !

A fabulous resource.because there is so much  info in one place.

About the balanced diet, I couldn't agree more.

I used to work with a lady who was so in touch with her body that she would on occasion, be adversely affected by cheese that was in the delicatessen part of a supermarket!

Then she would avoid cheese for a while. At other times she had no problems with cheese. Strange I know, but maybe life is stranger than fiction?

I had a quick look at your link and saw something that might be of interest to all who want to know more about supplements.

(Note that I think that this is not necessarily a definitive answer or the holy grail but just another (excellent) resource to be considered).

2013 Feb 12;

An Elective Course on the Basic and Clinical Sciences Aspects of Vitamins and Minerals Mohammed

A. Islam, PhD

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3578330/

I started my home studies about nutrition and essential oils in the 70's, it was really hard work then, heavy tomes of reference books borrowed from the library.

Then I bought a 32kb computer in 78 and transferred my lists into dBase 2.

Eventually, I stopped updating my databases because it was easier to get the same data (and more) on the internet (lazy me, let someone else do the work).

However, one has to be a little cautious with internet info, some is very biased one way or the other so it takes some detective work to filter it.

The more sources saying similar things the better IMO as long as it's not cut and paste.

The same with reference books too.

In the early days I had bought 10's of books about essential oils and I could tell you which authors had plagiarised what from whom! he he

Thanks again, I'm off to have a good ole browse with your original link.

Cheers

Ah the balanced diet........... and as another poster has said, it exactly what does that mean?

The "balanced diet" that we are likely to eat these days can contain more chemicals than was ever imagined years ago; pesticides, fungicides, hormones, chemical run-offs from industry and factories, chemicals to make the product look better, chemicals to make the products last longer, chemicals sprayed on the produce when travelling across borders/long distances, and probably some more that I've missed.

Then there's the antibiotic, antiparasitic, anti-fungal products fed to animals (estimated a huge 80% of antimicrobials produced in the USA are fed to the animals we eat) and of course the GM food which still arouses fierce debate amongst scientists, both for and against it.

Then there's oestrogen and other similar hormone bending drugs which are in the water which is used on plants and animals........not to mention other types of pollution/polluting substances dangerous to health.

It's gotten to the stage when a particular weedkiller is actually found in breast milk..........so where does it end?

And anyway, as someone has suggested we are all different and we have different needs and each of us probably follow a different diet (I for instance would not eat one piece of fish per year) so if someone wishes to take supplements, then it is up to them, surely.

And this..............

In the words of former president of the Australian medical Association, Dr Kerryn Phelps: “there are now literally many thousands of scientific studies supporting the use of supplements such as multivitamins…….in helping to prevent diseases and to recover from illness.

In brief, the findings of just a few studies.

·        Multivitamins with folate are associated with a 75% lower risk of colon cancer.

·        400 IU of vitamin is a day is associated with a 77% lower risk of heart attack.

·        200 MCG of selenium a day is associated with a 60% lower risk of some types of cancer.

·        500 mg of vitamins C and 400 IU of it are many per day is associated with a 70% reduced risk of Alzheimer’s dementia.

·        High vitamin C intake is associated with a 50% lower risk of stroke.

·        long-term use of vitamin C is associated with a 70% lower incidence of cataracts.

PS. Forgot to mention those of us who drink, because alcohol consumption is by far the greatest concern as alcohol destroys/flushes out/renders useless the following vitamins and minerals: – Vitamin B1, B3, B6, B12, Vitamin C, Zinc, Magnesium and Calcium to name but a few, as well as Omega 6. So anyone who drinks more than, say two units per day, runs the risk of, in essence, being vitamin deficient in those mentioned above.

And in support of vitamins the following may be of interest.........

Multivitamin Use Linked to Lowered Cancer Risk.doc

SOME PEER REVIEWED RESEARCH ON VITAMIN C.docx

30 minutes ago, xylophone said:

In brief, the findings of just a few studies.

·        Multivitamins with folate are associated with a 75% lower risk of colon cancer.

·        400 IU of vitamin is a day is associated with a 77% lower risk of heart attack.

·        200 MCG of selenium a day is associated with a 60% lower risk of some types of cancer.

·        500 mg of vitamins C and 400 IU of it are many per day is associated with a 70% reduced risk of Alzheimer’s dementia.

·        High vitamin C intake is associated with a 50% lower risk of stroke.

·        long-term use of vitamin C is associated with a 70% lower incidence of cataracts.

My immediate reaction on reading this was that it's utter bunkum.

Just looking at the first claim, "Multivitamins with folate are associated with a 75% lower risk of colon cancer", the closest scientific paper I could find was:

"Folate, vitamin B6, multivitamin supplements, and colorectal cancer risk in women" by Zhang et al., published in the American Journal of Epidemiology.  They wrote "Intakes of total folate and vitamin B6 were not significantly associated with the risk of colorectal cancer".  In other words, the poster's claim is utter b*ll*cks.

Can't be bothered to debunk all the other bunkum.

I just don't understand why there are so many people out there promoting such pseudoscientific nonsense, and why so many people believe it.

Of course, if "xylophone" (an instrument of brainless wooden blocks that makes a sound when hit) were to provide a proper scientific reference for each of his/her assertions I'd be perfectly happy to point out each fallacy.

Edited by Oxx
Stupid censorship of an unoffensive term

20 hours ago, Oxx said:

My immediate reaction on reading this was that it's utter bunkum.

Just looking at the first claim, "Multivitamins with folate are associated with a 75% lower risk of colon cancer", the closest scientific paper I could find was:

"Folate, vitamin B6, multivitamin supplements, and colorectal cancer risk in women" by Zhang et al., published in the American Journal of Epidemiology.  They wrote "Intakes of total folate and vitamin B6 were not significantly associated with the risk of colorectal cancer".   

Can't be bothered to debunk all the other bunkum.

I just don't understand why there are so many people out there promoting such pseudoscientific nonsense, and why so many people believe it.

Of course, if "xylophone" (an instrument of brainless wooden blocks that makes a sound when hit) were to provide a proper scientific reference for each of his/her assertions I'd be perfectly happy to point out each fallacy.

Suggest you send your intelligent remark (utter b*ll*cks) to Dr Kerryn Phelps or similar and ask them!!

And if this instrument of "brainless wooden blocks" were able to speak with an animal in the avatar, only just above that standing, it would suggest the this animal stop pulling his plough and read this......again, not the work of the instrument but of medical researchers.........

Levine and colleagues published evidence that Vitamin C delivers hydrogen peroxide to cancer cells in vitro, accounting for this tumor cytotoxic activity.5

Currie and colleagues have recently reported the results of a study investigating the effects of Vitamin C on HIF-1 expression in human umbilical vein endothelial cells and human skin fibroblast cell lines.6 

Since VEGF is one of the key growth factors contributing to the process of angiogenesis, these findings are of particular interest.  These findings mirror those of Ratcliffe and colleagues.7  This team investigated the addition of Vitamin C to several cancerous cell lines, including PC-3 (prostate), OVCAR3 (ovarian), and HS578T, MDA 468, and MCF-7 (all breast cancer cell lines).7  Vitamin C diminished HIF-1 expression, VEGF mRNA expression and VEGF secretion in these cells.7

Salnikow and colleagues, in a joint effort between the National Cancer Institute and Brown University, investigated the effects of ascorbate depletion on the expression of the hypoxia-associated proteins NDRG1/Cap43 and CA IX in the 1HAEo- human lung epithelial cell line.8 

Song and colleagues recently published the results of a clinical trial involving administration of intravenous Vitamin C in 39 terminal cancer patients.

Multiple studies have demonstrated the ability of Vitamin C to increase the efficacy of chemotherapy.13,14  Lamson and Brignall’s 1999 review of antioxidant use with cancer patients emphasized that Vitamin C increases the chemotherapeutic effects of doxorubicin, cisplatin, vincristine, and paclitaxel in in vitro studies.13  Likewise, Vitamin C given prior to chemotherapy in animal studies increased survival time and the effect of several chem Multiple studies have demonstrated the ability of Vitamin C to increase the efficacy of chemotherapy.13,14   

Lamson and Brignall’s 1999 review of antioxidant use with cancer patients emphasized that Vitamin C increases the chemotherapeutic effects of doxorubicin, cisplatin, vincristine, and paclitaxel in in vitro studies.13  Likewise, Vitamin C given prior to chemotherapy in animal studies increased survival time and the effect of several chemotherapeutics, including cyclophosphamide and 5-<deleted>.otherapeutics, including cyclophosphamide and 5-<deleted>.

Willett and colleagues at Harvard Medical School reported in 2003 on the results of a 16-year longitudinal study of 85,118 women that assessed the impact of Vitamin C supplementation on the risk of coronary heart disease (CHD).20  Approximately 19% of participants supplemented their Vitamin C intake.20  After adjusting for a number of coronary risk factors such as age, smoking incidence, and use of other dietary antioxidants, women who used Vitamin C supplements had a 28% lower incidence of CHD than women who did not.20

In 2003, Martin and colleagues at Tufts Medical School published the findings of their investigation of plasma Vitamin C levels in patients following ischemic stroke.24 

In January 2008, Khaw and colleagues published peripheral findings from the ten-year European Prospective Investigation into Cancer (EPIC) study concerning Vitamin C and incidence of stroke.25  20,649 men and women, ages 40 to 79 and without history of stroke at baseline, participated in this longitudinal study.

And your reply to the term "balanced diet" would be that a balanced diet containing PCBs, glyphosate etc is fine??

Suggest you contact the researchers in the above for your next rant!

Edited by xylophone

I wrote "Of course, if "xylophone"  were to provide a proper scientific reference for each of his/her assertions I'd be perfectly happy to point out each fallacy".

Again, you've utterly failed to do so.  Not a single citation for any of the swathe of random assertions.

Just because someone posts something to the Internet doesn't mean it's true.

And your post appears to have been lifted wholesale from "www.envita.com" - a quack clinic selling expensive snake oil cures to the gullible.  And its writings egregiously misrepresent the research which they cite.

5 hours ago, Oxx said:

I wrote "Of course, if "xylophone"  were to provide a proper scientific reference for each of his/her assertions I'd be perfectly happy to point out each fallacy".

Again, you've utterly failed to do so.  Not a single citation for any of the swathe of random assertions.

Just because someone posts something to the Internet doesn't mean it's true.

And your post appears to have been lifted wholesale from "www.envita.com" - a quack clinic selling expensive snake oil cures to the gullible.  And its writings egregiously misrepresent the research which they cite.

And of course if you can provide proper scientific evidence that supplements, such as vitamin C for example have no effect whatsoever, then I will also be happy.

But there again, if supplements don't work, why are they added to our food, many times as a result of a public health policy, and they can include; folic acid, vitamin D, calcium, iodine, and others.

Of course according to you supplements don't work.............please explain??

As for your assertion that my post has been "lifted" from somewhere, well I have no knowledge of that as it was sent to me by a friend.

8 minutes ago, xylophone said:

As for your assertion that my post has been "lifted" from somewhere, well I have no knowledge of that as it was sent to me by a friend.

I think that really typifies your attitude:  post nonsense from an unknown source, apparently in defence of your beliefs.  You clearly have made absolutely no attempt to establish its veracity.

Critical analysis really appears to be a thing of the past in this Internet age.

As for adding folic acid, vitamin D, calcium, iodine, that is only needed because some people (in particular, certain ethnic groups) do not eat a balanced diet.  Eat a balanced diet and there's no need.

2 minutes ago, Oxx said:

I think that really typifies your attitude:  post nonsense from an unknown source, apparently in defence of your beliefs.  You clearly have made absolutely no attempt to establish its veracity.

Critical analysis really appears to be a thing of the past in this Internet age.

As for adding folic acid, vitamin D, calcium, iodine, that is only needed because some people (in particular, certain ethnic groups) do not eat a balanced diet.  Eat a balanced diet and there's no need.

Great, so what you're saying is, you agree that supplementation does work.

On 10/23/2016 at 9:55 AM, adhd said:

diabetes , no cure ?   come on ... 30 days of organic vegetables all you can eat (enzymes is king) and most type 2 are CURED

but that kind of advise bring 0 dollar to the doctor & industry ...

are you too blind that there are billions & trillions of easy profits to be made on people's health ?

you think all the trash junk food that is allowed to be sold laden with chemicals is either for your health or for profit ?????

My grandfather who lived in the Balkans and only ate healthy food had diabetes. He was also quite lean.

So, I think your theory blows.

On 10/29/2016 at 9:20 AM, theguyfromanotherforum said:

My grandfather who lived in the Balkans and only ate healthy food had diabetes. He was also quite lean.

So, I think your theory blows.

Type 1 or type 2 ?

and what did he eat all his life ? WHEAT ?

It is quite possible to have diabetes without being at all overweight or eating badly, there is a genetic predisposition. My mother has never had an ounce of extra weight on her, exercsies regularly, eats healthy diet, but everyone in her family had diabetes and she developed it (type 2) at around age 60 (likely thanks to her healthy lifestyle that she didn't get it much earlier in life, but genetics eventually won out). .  My father on the other hand was overweight, ate badly, lived into his 80's, but no family history of it and he never got it.

Obesity and poor diet are definite risk factors for type 2 diabetes but not the sole risk factors.

• 1 month later...
On 10/23/2016 at 9:39 AM, adhd said:

calcium tablet is what makes most people get calcified in the arteries...

the ratio of calcium to magnesium in milk is 9 to 1, which would be 2 to 1

so no need for extra calcium

about the quacks guy ... the soil of our food production is depleted since long... using pesticides to make plants grow = 0 nutrients... the time that you can stay healthy with just eating clean is long over... the pesticide residue on food , in meat, in water (estrogen anyone) is what create cancer in liver & other organs in the long run .... 

see more & more obese thais in the street ?  think about fried fatty foods coocked in bad oils ...

remember 20-30 years ago when they promoted margarine is being good & butter being bad ?  promoted by whom ? the margarine industry... one molecule away from PLASTIC

the quacks nowadays are the doctors saying you need surgery, chemical pills,  never to question the real cause, merely threating symtoms, and those are returning customers for sure

quacks ?  well... take any of your medicine you take every day, read the side effects, it might make most people think twice, but nobody speak about side effects or interactions with 1,2,3,4,5 other chemical drugs you are prescribed ...

but hey, as thai people say:   UP TO YOU

Sorry ADHD i can not agree with you at all!Margerine is not what you say it is!Do some research.

Obese Thai people is not because of fat,again do some research.

0 Nutrients in plants?Where did you get that idea?