Tourist TR Visa Run to Laos

Hello, 

I am not sure if this is what qualifies as a "90 day visa run," but I I had a 60 day tourist visa and extended 30 days. Now, I am crossing into Laos  to pick up another 60 days in Thailand. Can this be done a couple days before the visa expires? Thai offices are closed today and Laos offices are closed on the 27th for holiday. Can this be accomplished within this timeframe? If I arrive early afternoon can I still make it to both Laos visa on arrival and Thai embassy, or should I stay near border tonight? When I am in Laos, should I go to to the Thai Embassy and submit paperwork for next day pick-up, or can I just cross back into Thailand? Can this thai visa application be submitted in the afternoon and picked up the following afternoon?

Thanks, I'm really confused

TR

Edited by ThaiRebound

Your visa has already expired for all intents and purposes if it was a single entry visa.

If you mean the permit to stay you got from the 30 day extension it ends on the date you leave the country.

Who told you they are closed for a holiday on the 27th. There is no holiday shown until Dec 2nd on the embassies calendar. http://vientiane.thaiembassy.org/en/embassy/calendar.php

The consular section of the embassy accepts applications until 11:30 am and you pick up your passport the next afternoon at 1:30 PM.

You will not have your passport so you will not be able to leave Laos.

I suggest you crossover today (before 9 pm) so that you don't have to rush to get across the border and go to the consular section (not the same location as the embassy).

You must submit the Thai visa application in the morning. If you cannot make it to the bridge by 10:00 am or so, it is your decision whether to spend the night in Udon Thani/Nong Khai or in Vientiane, but you cannot apply for the Thai visa in the afternoon.

There is no problem leaving Thailand and applying for a new visa at any time. You just lose the remainder of your old permission to stay.

Depending on your nationality, you may be eligible for a 15-day or 30-day visa exempt entry into Thailand (that can be extended for a further 30 days). If you choose this option, you can cross to Laos any time up to about 9:00 pm, and come straight back to Thailand.

The number of entries is "M" which I believe means multiple. My visa extension is to expire October 27th. I am a US Citizen. Should I go to Nongkhai tonight and cross over in the morning, or can I go there tomorrow night? Is there convenient transportation from UT to Nongkhai in the evening, and if so then what? 

Thanks

35 minutes ago, ThaiRebound said:

The number of entries is "M" which I believe means multiple. My visa extension is to expire October 27th. I am a US Citizen. Should I go to Nongkhai tonight and cross over in the morning, or can I go there tomorrow night? Is there convenient transportation from UT to Nongkhai in the evening, and if so then what? 

Thanks

If you have a multiple entry tourist visa you just need to leave the and re-enter the country to get a new 60 day entry as long as you do it on or before the enter before date on your visa.

The enter before date means just that. It is not last day you can stay in the country.

You can get another entry and then extend it for 30 days.

4 hours ago, ThaiRebound said:

Thanks

What is the 'enter before' date printed on the visa (not the date stamped in your passport)?