2017 New SUVs Looking Good

An all new Honda CRV is on tap...with both interior and exterior changes, with major spec upgrades and no move double-screen infotainment system. The Nissan X-Trail will also get a mid-cycle refresh, with some nip and tucks to both inside and outside. Between these two, and the Everest, some nice choices for the year ahead. 

It makes my eyes bleed its so fugly!

Design is a matter of personal taste. I like its front. The back light are a little bit of the love-or-hate type. The profile looks a little bit strange in the back. The interior looks more cheap.
I like Pajero's safety package. It is the technological most advanced vehicle of the other 2 competitors (Fortuner and Everest).

The Fortuner has a nice interior, front and back, but also a strange profile at the front. The TRD version looks better. Technically, the Fortuner is still behind.

The Everest looks conventional, but seems to be the best package for handling and performance. It also has the moste interior space. The interior is also a little bit outdated. The newer versions have better safety packages.

My personal dream SUV is the new Mazda CX-9, but it is ridiculous expensive in Thailand.

I am back in Australia to run my business.  While still in Thailand I asked my son to get me a good SUV.....what did he buy me.....a bloody Flord Territory!  It's not that bad as SUV's go but has the fuel consumption of a Cadillac DeVille!

A diesel engine may have been a better proposition.

Flord Territory 27-10-16.JPG

Edited by BSJ

9 hours ago, fullcave said:

So no low/high range selection option just fully automatic? 

My Honda CR-V is fully automatic but does have a 1st gear only along with a 1st&2nd gear only selection, also you can use the overdrive option or not. Best auto I've ever had and mine is a 2003 model. Will buy new one this year. The AWD only activates when it is needed other wise it is a front wheel drive.

On 10/26/2016 at 4:27 PM, MYKTHEMIN said:

Pajero is the best , price looks ride everything

Reminds me of a Ssang Song, that could ever be construed as a compliment!

Also looks like Toyota and Mitsibushi were looking over each other's shoulders when they were designing them, both are boring and look cheap.

On 27/10/2016 at 3:32 AM, BSJ said:

I am back in Australia to run my business.  While still in Thailand I asked my son to get me a good SUV.....what did he buy me.....a bloody Flord Territory!  It's not that bad as SUV's go but has the fuel consumption of a Cadillac DeVille!

More fool u for letting someone else buy ur vehicle. ???

5 hours ago, Steiner said:

Reminds me of a Ssang Song, that could ever be construed as a compliment!

Also looks like Toyota and Mitsibushi were looking over each other's shoulders when they were designing them, both are boring and look cheap.

No where near as boring as that ford everest thing gross ugly barge looks just like the pickup from the front, awful overpriced thing

1 hour ago, JaseTheBass said:

The pickup looks better imo, but the Fortuner and PJS will both age horribly as well as being crap to drive.

Sorry the Everest drives like a boat and rolls along truly awful, PJS is head and shoulders better and at a fair price and will be worth far more in the future, Fords depreciate like a brick

On 27/10/2016 at 11:49 AM, fullcave said:

Is the Honda available in 4 wheel drive? 

More importantly will there be a diesel option,its biggest weakness so far is old uneconomical petrol engines. They do make a diesel,so why not in thailand instead of those antiquated lumps?

On 27/10/2016 at 3:32 AM, BSJ said:

I would never ask anyone else to buy me a car, especially my son. Did he check with you first before closing the deal? 

More importantly will there be a diesel option,its biggest weakness so far is old uneconomical petrol engines. They do make a diesel,so why not in thailand instead of those antiquated lumps?

Maybe the issue is that Honda don't use a diesel in any other Thai built vehicle and it probably makes more economic sense to share an engine across a number of vehicles?

Sent from my R2D2 using my C3P0 manservant

15 hours ago, MYKTHEMIN said:

Sorry the Everest drives like a boat and rolls along truly awful, PJS is head and shoulders better and at a fair price and will be worth far more in the future, Fords depreciate like a brick

The shocks are overly soft in the new pjs....everything else is fine and its the best value suv in Thailand at the moment. A decent set of shocks would make it a fine long distance cruiser (but its fine under 120km/h anyway with the stock shocks)

1 hour ago, nchuckle said:

A bangkok post article i read didnt mention a diesel, but did say it would get the turbo engine from the civic

16 hours ago, MYKTHEMIN said:

My experience with the Everest and PJS was the opposite.  The Everest handling and refinement are very good for a PPV, it is just too heavy with less than ideal fuel consumption as a result.  The new PJS interior and engine refinement are improved but the exterior styling and suspension tune were better on the previous model PJS.  To each his own....