Red Lentils?

onthesoi

Any Villa Store in BKK - get their address from this thing called Google. Pahurat - adjacent to Yowarat/Seamphang Market has huge numbers of shops selling all kinds of lentils and other pulses, Indian spices, fresh Indian food cooked and uncooked. Dhal mixes, Indian curry pastes and on and on. Pahurat Rd. is off Chakpett Rd. You can take a boat to Rajawong Pier and it is a 10 minute walk. Traffic may be an issue given current circumstances. Good Luck.

Theres an american brand called bobs red mill that packages red lentils….as well as any other grain imaginable…their stuff is available at Villa Ive seen it with my own eyes…as well as i the supermarket in the basement of robinsons on soi 19 sukhumvit….it sells at a premium tho

On 01/11/2016 at 5:37 PM, onthesoi said:

I've tried Tops on Suhkumvit and Mega Bang Na, they don't stock them.

Could'nt find them in Central Foodhall Bangkok or Big C.

Any confirmed sightings in Bangkok?

You can buy them in the shopping centre at Pahurat for sure.

On 03/11/2016 at 10:47 AM, JHolmesJr said:

Ive seen it with my own eyes…as well as i the supermarket in the basement of robinsons on soi 19 sukhumvit…

It was one of the first places I looked & the R. in Samut Prakan don't stock them either.

On 11/2/2016 at 3:19 PM, MrJohnson said:

Any Villa Store in BKK - get their address from this thing called Google. Pahurat - adjacent to Yowarat/Seamphang Market has huge numbers of shops selling all kinds of lentils and other pulses, Indian spices, fresh Indian food cooked and uncooked. Dhal mixes, Indian curry pastes and on and on. Pahurat Rd. is off Chakpett Rd. You can take a boat to Rajawong Pier and it is a 10 minute walk. Traffic may be an issue given current circumstances. Good Luck.

What's Google?

On ‎11‎/‎2‎/‎2016 at 11:52 AM, onthesoi said:

Makro dont have..

I called both their central call centre and the bang na shop, gave them the word in thai and english but nothing coming up on their stock system.

All Makro don't carry the same items, but I have a feeling they didn't look too hard. I have seen them at two Makro in Phuket. They are stocked in the "Indian" dry foods section. Sorry, can't remember the brand.

Yeah, I think these chain stores pretty much allow individual outlets to pick and choose from the main inventory.  I called the bkk call centre & called the store directly, they both search the system in english and thai....although that's no guarantee in Thailand as customer service on the phone in is pretty bad, excluding the odd diamond in the rough.