Samut Songkhram warns public on potential river overflow

webfact

Samut Songkhram warns public on potential river overflow

SAMUT SONGKHRAM, 31 October 2016 (NNT) – Samut Songkhram Provincial Irrigation Project has warned the general public residing by river banks to be cautious of potential overflows caused by continuous rains. 

Samut Songkhram Provincial Irrigation Project Director Manus Sudpuang has expressed his concerns for the people living by river banks as heavy rains and the increase of sea levels may cause the river to overflow. 

He has said the effects from this potential incident is unlikely to be severe, but the general public are advised to store their belongings at a higher place, while the situation will eventually resolve once the amount of precipitation reduces. 

The general public can seek assistance from the irrigation project or the related agencies by calling 0-3475-6646.

nnt_logo.jpg
-- nnt 2016-10-31

2 hours ago, oldrunner said:

Not just Bangkok, all of Thailand is subsiding. Buy high and not on the 13th floor but at least 160 meters above sea/river level.

I just ran that theory by my wife. She asked me how we could have a mango farm on the 13th floor or 160 meters above sea level.

Any suggestions from the 14th floor?

1 hour ago, ratcatcher said:

I just ran that theory by my wife. She asked me how we could have a mango farm on the 13th floor or 160 meters above sea level.

Any suggestions from the 14th floor?

I'm really no expert on mango farming, so I have to ask, what would stop any one from growing them 160 m above sea level? 

53 minutes ago, bokningar said:

I'm really no expert on mango farming, so I have to ask, what would stop any one from growing them 160 m above sea level? 

Good point, we grow mangoes at 30 metres and they will grow up to 900 metres, but there will be even more flooding in the central plains in years to come as you well know.

Good point, we grow mangoes at 30 metres and they will grow up to 900 metres, but there will be even more flooding in the central plains in years to come as you well know.

Blimey - a 900 metre mango tree!

You would need an awfully long stick to knock them off!