Organisers postpone events until after 100-day mourning

webfact

Organisers postpone events until after 100-day mourning
By WATCHIRANONT THONGTEP 
THE NATION

fa39ca36c49b686f9f86f68b387c15fd.jpeg

“Nitarn Hinghoi The Musical” will be back onstage in late January after the 100-day national mourning period, Workpoint Entertainment says.

BANGKOK: -- ALTHOUGH the government will allow entertainment activities to resume after the 30-day national mourning period ends, more than 80 per cent of entertainment-based marketing and show-businesses events planned for the final quarter of the year have been postponed to February or March, according to the Event Management Association.

EMA chairman Sermkhun Kunawong told The Nation that most event and concert organisers had decided to postpone their shows until after the 100-day mourning period comes to an end in late January in order to respect public sentiment over the departure of the much-revered King. While granting permission to resume entertainment activities and concerts after November 14, the government has also asked for cooperation in running such events appropriately during the 100-day mourning period. 

Full story: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/news/business/corporate/30299293

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2016-11-07

Friendly reminder

In using Thai Visa you agree to abide by the following terms:

1) You will not express disrespect of the King of Thailand or any one member of the Thai royal family, whether living or deceased, nor to criticize the monarchy as an institution.

By law, the Thai Royal Family are above politics. Speculation, comments and discussion of either a political or personal nature are not allowed when discussing HM The King or the Royal family.

To breach these rules may result in immediate ban.

Linking to external sites which break these rules will be treated as if you yourself posted them.

Forum Rules: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/terms/

//Admin

Private sector to continue observing the 100-day mourning period for the King

415_KIng.jpg

BANGKOK: -- The private sector has cancelled all entertainment activities planned for the upcoming Loy Krathong, Christmas and New Year countdown although the government has announced to allow these activities to be resumed after the ending of the 30-day mourning period on November 14.

But the government has asked for cooperation in running such events appropriately during the 100-day mourning period.

In reaction to the call, some said they would continue to mourn the passing of the Great King for a 100-day period or until early in March next year.

Announcement by the Event Management Association came after Central Group has earlier cancelled all entertainment activities by all companies in its chains on Christmas and New Year.

Cancelled events include activities such as outdoor beer gardens in front of Central World mid this month until end of the cold season, and also change music to play at its shopping centres to suit the mourning atmosphere.

The EMA said event and concert organizers have put off all events planned during the Christmas and New Year festival till the end of January next year.

Siam Piwat, a Bangkok based retail and development company, has also announced cancellation of all entertainment activities during the Christmas and New Year festival at Siam Center, Siam Discovery, Siam Paragon, Paradise Park, ICONSIAM, and five shopping malls in Bangkok.

Full story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/private-sector-to-continue-observing-the-100-day-mourning-period-for-the-king/

So after all that complaining that the foreign media was sprouting lies, about the length of mourning and that everything was as normal, seems to be... well not so.  I am not complaining as I don't want to go to jail but I do believe that the truth, is important.

Edited by Laughing Gravy
Clarify my explanation.

22 hours ago, wirat69 said:

Except in this case, which is quite out of the ordinary..... His Majesty was so beloved.... and Thailand will never be the same again......

I think, you didn't get, what I was hinting at!