MRT train service experiences a major breakdown this morning

webfact

MRT train service experiences a major breakdown this morning

MRT.jpg

BANGKOK: -- The MRT subway train service faced another disruption this morning forcing several thousands of commuters to strand at almost all its stations along its route from Hua Lampong to Bang Sue.

MRT posted a notice at its Hua Lampong station saying “Train service will be temporarily suspended due to operational difficulties.

MRT will resume to normal operation around ……

We apologize for the inconvenience.”

It was not immediately known what caused the disruption but it was said to be a major breakdown as it was over an hour after the incident broke out at 7.30 am and by 8.30 am.

Full story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/mrt-train-service-experiences-a-major-breakdown-this-morning/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2016-11-07

by all fairness, the Bangkok MRT and BTS system is usually extremely reliable with very few breakdowns.

Compared to Singapore, for example, where such things happen virtually every week (though admittedly they have more lines than BKK)

clearly no crowd management procedures in the event of problems causing dangerous over crowding. if trains stop running for whatever reason the gates should not let further people onto the platforms and people should be held outside the station for safety and so they can easily make alternative travel arrangements.

12 hours ago, siam2007 said:

by all fairness, the Bangkok MRT and BTS system is usually extremely reliable with very few breakdowns.

Compared to Singapore, for example, where such things happen virtually every week (though admittedly they have more lines than BKK)

It's gotten worst this year, FACT....

22 hours ago, maoro2013 said:

There are very few breakdowns in Australia either. I travelled Sydney interurban transport for years, and except for a mishap where 83 people died, the service was almost completely reliable, within a few minutes.

Almost completely reliable, apart from 83 deaths.  Brilliant.

16 hours ago, gdgbb said:

Almost completely reliable, apart from 83 deaths.  Brilliant.

That was a very unusual event where a locomotive derailed and brought down a bridge in Granville. My brothers wife died in this tragedy.

Your comment not really helpful.

3 hours ago, maoro2013 said:

That was a very unusual event where a locomotive derailed and brought down a bridge in Granville. My brothers wife died in this tragedy.

Your comment not really helpful.

I didn't comment on the deaths, I commented on the irony of your comment so whether you decided to see it as helpful or not is beside the point, it wasn't meant to be either.