Supermoon on Loy Krathong night will be the brightest and largest in 68 years

webfact

Supermoon on Loy Krathong night will be the brightest and largest in 68 years

sm.jpg

File photo

BANGKOK: -- The full moon on the night of November 14, 2016 is not only the biggest, closest and brightest moon of this year, but will be the  closest "supermoon" since January 26, 1948.

So don’t miss to watch for this full moon on the night of November 14 because it’ll be beautiful.

But if you miss this rare phenomenon, then you have to wait until  November 25, 2034 when the moon will come this close to Earth again.

Dr Saran Poshyachinda, deputy director of the National Astronomical Research Institute of Thailand said the moon would be biggest and brightest in 68 years since 1948.

He said NARIT would open its observation dome and join all its 160 observation decks at schools and communities in 61 provinces to lit candles under the moonlight to mourn the passing of the late King Bhumibol Adulyadej.

He said three main observatories would be open for the public to watch the moon.

They are at Central Festival Chiang Mai, Chalerm Phrakiat National Observatory in Nakhon Ratchasima, and Chalerm Phrakiat National Observatory in Chachoengsao.

Full story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/supermoon-on-loy-krathong-night-will-be-the-brightest-and-largest-in-68-years/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2016-11-11

7 minutes ago, ratcatcher said:

The RTAF has orders to launch cloud dispersal aircraft in order to creat clear skies for better visibility.

Yes, we need to be able to see the Minister of Tourism on her broomstick silhouetted against the moon.

2 hours ago, NongKhaiKid said:

Yes, we need to be able to see the Minister of Tourism on her broomstick silhouetted against the moon.

Please the minister of Propaganda sorry Tourism is a nice lady. She does have add and subtract problems at times but what a sweetheart. I wonder if she was "up in the air" over Halloween. I was just a little shaver during the last one of these and I guess I will not be around for the next one. Maybe by the time the next one arrives all the ugliness and despair will have exited the planet.  Maybe the human population will have exited one way or another by then.  

12 hours ago, elgordo38 said:

Please the minister of Propaganda sorry Tourism is a nice lady. She does have add and subtract problems at times but what a sweetheart. I wonder if she was "up in the air" over Halloween. I was just a little shaver during the last one of these and I guess I will not be around for the next one. Maybe by the time the next one arrives all the ugliness and despair will have exited the planet.  Maybe the human population will have exited one way or another by then.  

A sweetheart, really ?

Eehm, just a small suggestion but have you ever thought of seeing someone about this ?    :biggrin:

6 hours ago, NongKhaiKid said:

A sweetheart, really ?

Eehm, just a small suggestion but have you ever thought of seeing someone about this ?    :biggrin:

Yes I do a daily check with my g/f on my sanity. She has to proclaim me fit before I walk out the door. It was a levity comment sadly I need a daily dose. I have noticed myself getting rather grumpy lately must be a weather thing. I did not mean to ruffle your feathers. Actually I often think your one of the more saner people on TV right after me of course. 

7 minutes ago, elgordo38 said:

Yes I do a daily check with my g/f on my sanity. She has to proclaim me fit before I walk out the door. It was a levity comment sadly I need a daily dose. I have noticed myself getting rather grumpy lately must be a weather thing. I did not mean to ruffle your feathers. Actually I often think your one of the more saner people on TV right after me of course. 

My doc says he sees a definite improvement but he did get his qualifications in Kao San Road