Video: Child, 4, knocked down - woman lies to bystanders then flees the scene

webfact

On 16/11/2016 at 0:08 AM, colinneil said:

Why blame the driver for the boys stupidity?

Parents are to blame for not teaching the boy about road safety.

OOPS sorry nobody here knows about road safety, it is an alien concept to Thais.

The driver is being blamed for driving off after the accident. Secondly, you cannot always blame the parents. Children will still make mistakes, more so than adults.

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, lvr181 said:

Agreed but MPH is not used in Thailand though.

Looking at video in original post shows a car parked on side of road (rightly or wrongly) to the left of the "collision" driver. That in itself is sufficient reason to slow right down in case of a door opening, someone stepping out and the driver needs to avoid by changing direction or by stopping. That is awareness!

It seems that the child was still a long way from the collision driver who should have been able to stop (if travelling slowly) or at least take avoiding action by swerving and stopping to her right.

I have looked at the clip a few times. I cannot tell if the area is urban or this shop is isolated. The car parked on the footpath should not be there.

The car that the child ran out into was over to the center of the road in order to avoid opening doors, but the child actually seems to move towards the oncoming car, not keeping close to the parked vehicle. I VERY rarely have anything good to say about Thai drivers, but this was not the driver's fault. Have another look.

On 11/17/2016 at 9:49 AM, plachon said:

The amount of bigotry and racism against Thais in general shown in this thread is revolting. Rather than show sympathy or concern for whether the boy survived or not, so many seem to have used it as an excuse to demonstrate their small-minded prejudices against Thais. And a lot of the worst offenders (though not all) seem to be American. Perhaps it is a post-Trump phenomenon, where more racism and bigotry than usual is deemed acceptable? 

Hell, young kids of this age get run over regularly in America and elsewhere too. Only a week or two ago, a 9 year old girl was killed in rural Massachusetts when getting down from the school bus and he school-bag was caught in the door and caused her to be dragged along. A horrendous accident, but no one is blaming Americans, her parents or bus drivers (or whatever other demographic you care to mention) in general for it. Accidents occasionally do happen, and while there are obviously more per head of population in Thailand than America, which most people are well aware of, it should not be seen a green card for petty-minded bigots to have a rant at an entire nation. 

How about a little more empathy with the little boy, who I hope pulls through from this shocking accident without life changing injuries.

rubbish this isnt an accident, its  gross negligence by the parents.......... end of

On 16/11/2016 at 7:08 AM, colinneil said:

OOPS sorry nobody here knows about road safety, it is an alien concept to Thais.

Why not blame the grand parents?

You come here and expect Thailand to  be like your  country,  pathetic.

Ad usual your first in to criticize  Thai people in general. 

Be positive man and love the people and country for its God points, oops  forgot you think it has none.

7 hours ago, George FmplesdaCosteedback said:

So you look after your kids 24/7/366 ?

no i  dont  have  any  but  if  i did then YES as  can be  seen here  they  cannot  look after  themselves.kids are a 24hour  per  day  job.........if u cant  accept or understand  that  u  shouldnt be having  them

5 hours ago, Johnniey said:

Be positive man and love the people and country for its God points, oops  forgot you think it has none.

Right on cue Johnniey, predictable and repetitive.

As usual your first to criticize anyone who says anything about Thais or Thailand.

Everyones entitled to their opinion but only if you find it acceptable.

Edited by NongKhaiKid

5 hours ago, Johnniey said:

u  dont  have to criticize at  all simply  look at  the road  death  toll for  Thailand ......self explanatory

On ‎11‎/‎16‎/‎2016 at 3:56 AM, Get Real said:

Can you plaese lay out that in a language that is understandable. I am still laughing!
Was that really your best? 3 words in a row that basically mean nothing.

On ‎11‎/‎16‎/‎2016 at 3:56 AM, Get Real said:

Can you plaese lay out that in a language that is understandable. I am still laughing!
Was that really your best? 3 words in a row that basically mean nothing.

If you were an Ozzie you would know what "come in spinner" means. "Taken for a ride"!

I can only think that many posters have never lived in Thailand.

comments such as its a mystery as to why the driver took off. It's no mystery... Take it from someone who was in a road accident.

In a worst case the driver could be violently attacked. In the best case the driver is going to be asked for a substantial amount of money. Hell the father already appears to say he will seek compensation.

Now look from the drivers point of view. He is peacefully driving down the road and a child jumps out and well bad luck he will now be up to pay something like 5 years salary.

The police don't function. It is unpredictable who they will side with.

On 16/11/2016 at 7:04 AM, trogers said:

Ran across the road, from behind a parked car...

His parents should be the ones being charged for poor parenting!

Yeah, no issue with the hit and run, have you?

On 16/11/2016 at 7:08 AM, colinneil said:

No one is blaming the driver for anything, apart from the hit and run!

17 hours ago, kannot said:

no i  dont  have  any  but  if  i did then YES as  can be  seen here  they  cannot  look after  themselves.kids are a 24hour  per  day  job.........if u cant  accept or understand  that  u  shouldnt be having  them

A very valid point. Indeed you need no qualifications to have a child, and having been a single parent after my son's mother died when he was three I agree it is a very difficult job.

It is however physically impossible to be there every minute of the day and night and you need help.

It seems you decided not to take that responsibility, it was your choice and I applaud it. It's a shame others don't.