Chinese Tourist Dies After Going on Rampage

snoop1130

Chinese Tourist Dies After Going on Rampage

By Teeranai Charuvastra

DSC_8596.jpg

Police and rescue workers inspect the body of Lee Chen Gang on Pracha Rat Bamphen Road early Wednesday morning in Bangkok.

BANGKOK — Police detained a number of people Wednesday for allegedly beating a belligerent and possibly disturbed Chinese man to death in the Huai Khwang district.

Lee Chen Gang, 61, died shortly after rescue workers and police were called to the scene early this morning at a shop he had allegedly broken into on Pracha Rat Bamphen Road. The chief of Sutthisan police said the man likely died from wounds received by the men who confronted him, but they were waiting for autopsy results

Full Story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/crimecourtscalamity/calamity/2016/11/16/chinese-tourist-goes-rampage-gets-mobbed-dies/

khaosodeng_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Khaosod English 2016-11-16

1 minute ago, RaggaTwin said:

In fairness, if the Chinese guy was trying to break in to a shop then he was bound to be confronted.  Do we really expect the locals just to sit back and let him get on with it? 

oh come on... there is a big difference between a group of people preventing a crime then detaining someone, opposed to a mob beating someone to death!

16 minutes ago, RaggaTwin said:

In fairness, if the Chinese guy was trying to break in to a shop then he was bound to be confronted.  Do we really expect the locals just to sit back and let him get on with it? 

In all fairness it probably only took 5 or 6 guys  to subdue a 60 year old to the point of death, typical Thai hero's or is it Thainess? 

Edited by Artisi

Some slightly demented old man does something silly so the Thai thugs beat up on him. To death in fact.

Not such an uncommon practice. 

Bashing old people seems to come easy to the fit and healthy younger Thai agro boys looking for something to vent their spleen on.

You're not quite getting it.  If the Chinese guy was belligerent and aggressive then he would have been subject to retaliation, but the intent to kill is hardly proved at this juncture. 

If I broke in to a Thai shop then I absolutely know, with 100% cast-iron certainty, that I am going to be stopped by the locals.  Whether that results in my death or injury is in the lap of the gods. 

Get real and stop the Thai bashing.

17 minutes ago, RaggaTwin said:

You're not quite getting it.  If the Chinese guy was belligerent and aggressive then he would have been subject to retaliation, but the intent to kill is hardly proved at this juncture. 

If I broke in to a Thai shop then I absolutely know, with 100% cast-iron certainty, that I am going to be stopped by the locals.  Whether that results in my death or injury is in the lap of the gods. 

you are just repeating what is supposed to have happened from the OP, most of the discussion is about whether killing the man or inflicting violence was justified, as already mentioned perhaps detaining him and calling the police might have been the correct way to deal with this but no not in Thailand where basically a gang of men beat him to death - they should all be up for a murder charge

31 minutes ago, RaggaTwin said:

A new low in apologist excuses.

1 hour ago, RaggaTwin said:

No. But have you ever heard of apprehension ? Or using proportionate force ? 

53 minutes ago, Brer Fox said:

Some slightly demented old man does something silly so the Thai thugs beat up on him. To death in fact.

Bashing old people seems to come easy to the fit and healthy younger Thai agro boys looking for something to vent their spleen on.

Citation needed.

3 hours ago, Artisi said:

In all fairness it probably only took 5 or 6 guys  to subdue a 60 year old to the point of death, typical Thai hero's or is it Thainess? 

Pathetic, racial comments.

How can any rational person judge an entire  nation on a few  isolated  incidents  by criminals.

I hope you have no Thai wife or kids ,  God help them.

11 hours ago, Brer Fox said:

Exactly what happened to the guy that damaged the Erawan bramha statue 10 years ago.

8 hours ago, Johnniey said:

Pathetic, racial comments.

How can any rational person judge an entire  nation on a few  isolated  incidents  by criminals.

I hope you have no Thai wife or kids ,  God help them.

This is a country where the Minister of Justice supports vigilante violence providing it's in a certain cause of course.

No suggestion things like vigilante actions are wrong.

Then there the psychologist who has explained away why violence may currently be in vogue but without explaining why it happens quite regularly at other times.

Edited by NongKhaiKid

13 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

BANGKOK — Police detained a number of people Wednesday for allegedly beating a belligerent and possibly disturbed Chinese man to death in the Huai Khwang district.

Re write: BANGKOK — Police detained a number of Thais Wednesday for allegedly beating a Chinese man to death in the Huai Khwang district.

11 hours ago, RaggaTwin said:

He's a 61 year old man! If he breaks into a shop and acts belligerent, even aggressive, then restrain him. It doesn't take more than two younger and healthier 'men' to hold him down. This whole attitude of "You mess around in Thailand and you'll get a beat down" is part of the problem. People will think it's okay to do it. It's not okay to do. It's barbaric and uncivilised. Let's try and be decent and speak out against it. 

The police need to crack down on these mob beatings. Especially ones against older people who are supposed to be respected.

53 minutes ago, George Graham said:

How many more "isolated incidents" do you need Johniey?

If i go and check the news id say that all americans are gun crazy spree shooters.. this happens almost no where else in the world (maybe some warzones) However I don't see all those mass shootings as a reflection of ALL Americans. Just like how I don't hold all Thais accountable for the actions of some. There are 65 million Thais. We all got wives gf's or friends that are Thai so are these crazy and bad too. 

Thaibashing.. I could bash any country that I want if I look at the news of that country.

12 hours ago, coma said:

No. But have you ever heard of apprehension ? Or using proportionate force ? 

Appropriate force - would that be 3 - 4 or 5 - 6 Thai guys egged on by at least one loud mouthed female?