Chinese Tourist Dies After Going on Rampage

snoop1130

10 hours ago, Johnniey said:

Pathetic, racial comments.

How can any rational person judge an entire  nation on a few  isolated  incidents  by criminals.

I hope you have no Thai wife or kids ,  God help them.

I have a wife and kids and a large Thai family and not one of them would mob handed attack and kill someone - but then that's all we every hear from you  - defending the undefendable.

10 hours ago, Johnniey said:

Pathetic, racial comments.

How can any rational person judge an entire  nation on a few  isolated  incidents  by criminals.

I hope you have no Thai wife or kids ,  God help them.

> isolated incident < 

Really? The back side of tha moon is more enlightened.

How about:

head i.t. sand.JPG

... you might prefer this version:

head i.t. hole.JPG

Edited by jollyhangmon

2 hours ago, zorro1 said:

In Texas it's common to shoot to death a home intruder. The Chinaman got bashed to death, same result.

The result maybe the same but the actions are miles apart, pulling a trigger once and getting beaten to death... even in Texas you can't continue to beat an intruder once he is no longer a threat to you, or attack and kill him if there are enough people to restrain him.

2 hours ago, rkidlad said:

He's a 61 year old man! If he breaks into a shop and acts belligerent, even aggressive, then restrain him. It doesn't take more than two younger and healthier 'men' to hold him down. This whole attitude of "You mess around in Thailand and you'll get a beat down" is part of the problem. People will think it's okay to do it. It's not okay to do. It's barbaric and uncivilised. Let's try and be decent and speak out against it. 

The police need to crack down on these mob beatings. Especially ones against older people who are supposed to be respected.

Let's not forget that this is EXACTLY why so many flee the scene after an accident. Don't, and the peace-loving Buddhist Thais might beat you to death. Why? Because every Thai except at the very highest level has to bow down to perceived superiors, bite their tongue when being insulted by people in uniform and others, and they have only one way to vent their frustration - by literally fighting back.

2 hours ago, Taco said:

There are millions of gun toting Americans who have spent years shooting at paper targets waiting for a crazy Chinaman to come busting in their place.  That would be like winning the lottery.

Lived a year in Louisiana and God help anyone trying to invade from that state. the people I know many guns. They would put them on the table when even a repair man came.

Headline should read Thai mob kills Chinese tourist....

charging that poor farmer with electrocuting those 3 thieves with manslaughter so why not charge these turkeys with manslaughter? Were they not both illegal trespassing cases? 

The latter one seems to be a possible fabricated one?

The result maybe the same but the actions are miles apart, pulling a trigger once and getting beaten to death... even in Texas you can't continue to beat an intruder once he is no longer a threat to you, or attack and kill him if there are enough people to restrain him.

So 2 shots and it's murder? I don't think so, you keep going until the threat is removed

28 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Let's not forget that this is EXACTLY why so many flee the scene after an accident. Don't, and the peace-loving Buddhist Thais might beat you to death. Why? Because every Thai except at the very highest level has to bow down to perceived superiors, bite their tongue when being insulted by people in uniform and others, and they have only one way to vent their frustration - by literally fighting back.

I'd change the wording 'by fighting back' to simply 'by using violence'. 

Fighting back evokes the feeling of a cause. 

15 hours ago, RaggaTwin said:

You're not quite getting it.  If the Chinese guy was belligerent and aggressive then he would have been subject to retaliation, but the intent to kill is hardly proved at this juncture. 

If I broke in to a Thai shop then I absolutely know, with 100% cast-iron certainty, that I am going to be stopped by the locals.  Whether that results in my death or injury is in the lap of the gods. 

Get real and stop the Thai bashing.

Almost 24 hours since  you joined TV and already apologizing for locals mob attacks. WooHoo! 

First Greeetings and Salutations from the TV faithful. May you have many good hours of deflecting, apologzing, blaming and joining into gang attack posts!     :D    And What Fun !!

Just now, LomSak27 said:

Almost 24 hours since  you joined TV and already apologizing for locals mob attacks. WooHoo! 

First Greeetings and Salutations from the TV faithful. May you have many good hours of deflecting, apologzing, blaming and joining into gang attack posts!     :D    And What Fun !!

Well, thank you.  I feel right at home already.

1 hour ago, zorro1 said:

So 2 shots and it's murder? I don't think so, you keep going until the threat is removed

Where did you read '2 shots and it's murder' ? I wrote ' you can't continue to beat an intruder once he is no longer a threat to you, or attack and kill him if there are enough people to restrain him' 

Where did you read '2 shots and it's murder' ? I wrote ' you can't continue to beat an intruder once he is no longer a threat to you, or attack and kill him if there are enough people to restrain him' 

You said pulling the trigger once compared to beating to death. What if your a bad shot and you need several shots to take the guy down but his still not dead and reaches in his pocket.. You gonna shoot him again?

In any case there is no proof the Chinaman was bashed. On the contrary a witness said he was restrained. Maybe death through a head lock or heart attack sounds more like it!

On 11/16/2016 at 8:42 PM, RaggaTwin said:

In fairness, if the Chinese guy was trying to break in to a shop then he was bound to be confronted.  Do we really expect the locals just to sit back and let him get on with it? 

in  a "decent " society "yes" just  restrain and  call police....in  Thailand  "no" beat  to  death"  tells u  a  lot  about a society  and  how  it  functions