pattaya to sihanoukville. bus it or fly ?

pumpjack

me and gf  going from pattaya to sihanoukville,  i hate the overnight stay in koh kong,  i dont mind the bus journey,   but was thunking that it is just as handy for us to go to don muang from pattaya , grab a flight to PP  then get a bus to SNV  ?

what would be best , easiest and cheapest way to get from pattaya to sihanoukville. 

THANKS 

PJ

im on budget so $70  is way too much i think compared to $10 bus that leaves koh kong in the morning.  

but you may have a point as a hotel in koh kong is $20 plus bus x 2   is  $20   so for an extra 30 dollars we could get down to snooky that night .  

10 hours ago, pumpjack said:

im on budget so $70  is way too much i think compared to $10 bus that leaves koh kong in the morning.  

but you may have a point as a hotel in koh kong is $20 plus bus x 2   is  $20   so for an extra 30 dollars we could get down to snooky that night .  

They have share taxis that leave when full.  We got there very late one day and wanted to move on to PP.  We didn't want to wait, so $70 for 2 of us.  Plus, it was a big holiday.  I don't know the prices, but I'd guess you could get seats for some $15 each or so?  You'll be approached at the border control to Cambo.  Negotiate hard!  Do your visas yourself.  Plenty there wanting to help for extra money.  It's not needed.

do the math before:  bus to BKK, that flite to PnPn-taxi into town and most likely the NIGHT THERE in stead of Koh Kong before busing over surely you can do that all for less as 70 US$?

Or simply stay overnite still in TH-TRat town is liked by many for its social atmosfere. But oh wee-then you have to get up really early-probably a tad too exhausting for most TV-users.

I went from Ko Samet to Snooky 2 years ago (about the same distance as pattaya) left the island at 7am and didn't get into Snooky until 11pm, it was brutal. I think I got to the border around 1pm but the trip onwards was way too long unfortunately I was on the last bus out of Koh Kong and it involved changing buses and waiting at a crossroads in the dark in the middle of nowhere. If you decide to bus it make sure its a direct bus with no changes.

• 6 months later...