Xmas In Phuket

john shaw

Hi guys arriving in Patong 24Dec around 10.30pm Xmas eve,hotel where myself -wife-2 daughters

are staying have a gala dinner organised-any idea what this entails,her indoors thinks we might have to dress up for the occassion,i believe from the forum this is the norm ,dinner etc

anyone know what i should expect-is there any entertainment provided-staying at the Cocunut beach resort,wondering does anyone know it ? About Patong where is the best places to go to-is there any Irish bars,any advice,ideas-very much appriecated

Hi guys arriving in Patong 24Dec around 10.30pm Xmas eve,hotel where myself -wife-2 daughters

are staying have a gala dinner organised-any idea what this entails,her indoors thinks we might have to dress up for the occassion,i believe from the forum this is the norm ,dinner etc

anyone know what i should expect-is there any entertainment provided-staying at the Cocunut beach resort,wondering does anyone know it ? About Patong where is the best places to go to-is there any Irish bars,any advice,ideas-very much appriecated

John this is perfectly normal for the bigger hotels and resorts to inclue Xmas Dinner in the Package.

Dress code is usually not enforsed as long as you're not wearing swimwear..

There are a couple of Irish Pubs in Patong and Otooles in Karon..

Enjoy your holiday with your family..

John this is perfectly normal for the bigger hotels and resorts to inclue Xmas Dinner in the Package.

Dress code is usually not enforsed as long as you're not wearing swimwear..

There are a couple of Irish Pubs in Patong and Otooles in Karon..

Enjoy your holiday with your family..

Cheers little black duck,cant wait weather in Ireland is gross at the minute

No Irish pubs at home? You could try something different when on holidays. :D

I was in Phuket last Xmas, had to pay (a fortune) for one of those gala dinners. It was around the pool and fairly casual.

(I left after a while and went to an Irish pub :o )

No Irish pubs at home? You could try something different when on holidays. :D

I was in Phuket last Xmas, had to pay (a fortune) for one of those gala dinners. It was around the pool and fairly casual.

(I left after a while and went to an Irish pub :o )

Dido old croc you go on holidays to experience different cultures/life,i must

admit last time in LOS i did do just that-but i just seem to be pulled into the Irish bars.

In Phuket for Xmas/New Year,then up to Patts for 2 weeks cant wait weather at home here is gross at the minute,taken your advice on Gala attire!

Since you are checking in so late it would be worth contacting the hotel and asking if they will waive some or all of the charge for the compulsory dinner because you will have missed a large chunk of the evening.

If they will not then get it in writing that the full menu will be available to you either via room service or in the restaurant - a lot of hotel restaurants have last (food) orders around 10:30/11 pm.

Do it sooner rather than later to give them a chance to re-sell the table to somebody else.

Since you are checking in so late it would be worth contacting the hotel and asking if they will waive some or all of the charge for the compulsory dinner because you will have missed a large chunk of the evening.

If they will not then get it in writing that the full menu will be available to you either via room service or in the restaurant - a lot of hotel restaurants have last (food) orders around 10:30/11 pm.

Do it sooner rather than later to give them a chance to re-sell the table to somebody else.

Funny enough Slackula that thought did cross my mind,as stated i think we will not be arriving until 10-1030pm after 24 hours of travelling the last thing you need is a massive dinner,i will look into tat -cheers

Funny enough Slackula that thought did cross my mind,as stated i think we will not be arriving until 10-1030pm after 24 hours of travelling the last thing you need is a massive dinner,i will look into tat -cheers

Murphys Irish pub on soi bangla try a Large draught Tiger :o

Edited by Kimera

Murphys Irish pub on soi bangla try a Large draught Tiger :o

Maybe I'm wrong (happens quite often that I am) but from the way I read this, John and the family are arriving on Christmas Eve.

Christmas dinner is generally served on Christmas Day "well isn't it?" :o

Edited by john b good

Maybe I'm wrong (happens quite often that I am) but from the way I read this, John and the family are arriving on Christmas Eve.

Most hotels, pubs and restaurants in Phuket (and indeed Thailand) follow the continental style of celebrating xmas on the 24th. A few of the more Brit-centric ones (Green Man etc) will also do an xmas dinner on the 25th and have a Boxing Day party.

Most hotels, pubs and restaurants in Phuket (and indeed Thailand) follow the continental style of celebrating xmas on the 24th. A few of the more Brit-centric ones (Green Man etc) will also do an xmas dinner on the 25th and have a Boxing Day party.

Indeed jbgood,slacklua-gala dinner on night of 24th,another one on 31stdec,just kie waiting on a bus and two come along together 5555