Diet Pills -- What Is The Best Clinic In Pattaya

giver

Hi there,

I read a thread I found in this forum regarding diet pills. It was from 2005 and located here http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=46496

I have been living in Pattaya for just over 9 months and I have to return home for a friends wedding the only problem is I put on 15KG during my stay here.

I do exercise regularly and I was wondering what clinic in pattaya can provide me with the popular diet pills that seem to work the best to speed up weightloss process.

I used to weigh over 300 lbs (142kg) I lost about 42kg and managed to keep it off for almost 4 years since coming to thailand I have thrown on 15kg and i am very embarrassed to return home in this shape. I lost the 42kg by taking xenadrine from GNC and regular exercise. Only thing is xenadrine is not avaialbe in thailand.

From reading the previous post I noticed that there are some amphetamine diet pills which act similar and if someone can direct me where to go I would more then appreciate it.

Please help I look forward to getting feedback.

Diet Pills

after you quit it you will get yo-yo effect .. you will gain more than you have loosen

From reading the previous post I noticed that there are some amphetamine diet pills which act similar and if someone can direct me where to go I would more then appreciate it.

It's illegal

Diet Pills

after you quit it you will get yo-yo effect .. you will gain more than you have loosen

It's illegal

Oh so they are illegal, I got the impression that they are not....Is there something similar and stron but not illegal.

I am aware of the yo-yo effect. Like I said I did lose a lot of weight with the help of pills in the past and I did manage to keep the weight off.

I am more then certain that I can and will keep the weight off as I have returned to my old eating and exercise habits.

I miss the old me and want to get back there before I head home.

any help would be appreciated. I am

Thanks

Diet Pills

It's illegal

Oh so they are illegal, I got the impression that they are not....Is there something similar and stron but not illegal.

I am aware of the yo-yo effect. Like I said I did lose a lot of weight with the help of pills in the past and I did manage to keep the weight off.

I am more then certain that I can and will keep the weight off as I have returned to my old eating and exercise habits.

I miss the old me and want to get back there before I head home.

any help would be appreciated. I am

Thanks

Buy the Fitnes tea bags (or tea for key) as my wife calls them. :o

Buy the Fitnes tea bags (or tea for key) as my wife calls them. :o

The tea is a laxative, not amphetamine (my wife uses these as well)

Perhaps just to increase your coffee consumption? I believe that caffeine is the main ingredient in many of the products available anyway. Just hit starbucks for an extra triple double mega gigantarific espresso a few times a day........should do the trick.

Diet Pills

It's illegal

Probably only illegal over-the-counter. You can get them on prescription in London, so I'd imagine you can probably get them prescribed here too. If you can find the right doctor ...

From personal experience Bambi is right. You get yo yo effect and even more weight comes back each time you stop taking them.

Diet pills are not worth it. I was taking reductil.Reductil is only legally available with a doctors precription in Thailand.

Eating right with exercise is the best way to lose weight.

Edited by Farma

Go to one of the pharmacys, not where all the falangs go and ask for diet pills, they are readily available, something like panbesy, which is an amphetamine like diet pill, they don't like giving them but will if you ask nicely. Also if you ask around some of the younger females around the place they will know what to get and where as they are all concerned with wieght and reguarly go on pills to keep their weight down

• 2 weeks later...

Diet pills containing amphetamines or related compounds will not only have a yo-yo effect but are very dangerous. Ditto thyroid supplements. Can cause heart problems, among other things. Also difficulty with ejaculation (NOW I've got your attention!!!)

To my knowledge, the only effective and reasonably safe drugs available at this time are:

xenical : this works by decreasing absorption of fat; about 1/3 of the fat you eat will pass through unabsorbed. Therefore it will only be effective if you take it without also increasing your fat intake (some people knowing they have taken xenical then feel like it's OK to eat more fat, thereby defeating the purpose since it does not prevent all fat absorption, only about a third). Will also be most effective for people whose diet contains at least average amounts of fat. If you already eat very little fat and your problem is carbs, xenical won't help.

rimonabant (?sp?): a new drug, reduced food cravings. Helpful for people whose problem is binge eating ir craving for particular types of foods. Only recently released in Europe, not yet in US and so far I haven't found it in LOS but if anyone has, please post. I think the brand name is Accomplia.

A lot of the drugs sold fopr weight loss in Thailand are laxatives, they will cause fluid loss which will guive the temporary appearance of weight loss but it's not real.

If overeating is associated with depression, then anti-depressants may indirectly help by improving the depression. They do not directly affect weight loss, but may help in cases where a person overeats due to depression.

Hi,

There are a whole miriad of diet pills (mainly appetite suppresants as the Thai govn. heavily frowns on the real thing. most will control the urge to eat & curb your appetite as long as your will is to lose weight.

My thai girlfriend is presently using a product made by ordain health care pvt. ltd the ingrediants are sibutramine

hydrochloride monohydrate 15 mpgs & seems to work well. You can get this brand at the drug store in Soi Kao talo after the 1st 7-11 +a half a block further next to the pet shop (only one on Soi kao talo) there is also a pharmacy (a little more expensive) across the street. I would stay away from the expensive tea drinks 9not that they do not work) but you have to take for a long time to work & they are pricey!

You can find a dietary supplements for about 25-30 baht a pill in 10 pack increments.

Beware the pharmacies will try to fill you with bull about the pharmacy down the road sells a copy that does not work. most of the ingrediants are identicle & work the same. None have ephederine so0 they are relatively safe on a short term basis.Even more important is your will to lose the weight & to exercise & I know it is extremely dificult as the Thai food here is excellent,but only eating when you are truely hungry is the key.

I am the same target weight of 67 kilos(153 lbs) since I was 18. I am 511 now & have had to remind myself to only eat when my body requires food. I do cheat & occassionally eat a dairy queen small ice cream cone.

These pills should curb your craving & you most likely can get them at smaller pharmacies in Pattaya as the larger ones want to sell you the 3000 baht dietary supplement drinks. Good luck you can do it! :o

Hi,

There are a whole miriad of diet pills (mainly appetite suppresants as the Thai govn. heavily frowns on the real thing. most will control the urge to eat & curb your appetite as long as your will is to lose weight.

My thai girlfriend is presently using a product made by ordain health care pvt. ltd the ingrediants are sibutramine

hydrochloride monohydrate 15 mpgs & seems to work well. You can get this brand at the drug store in Soi Kao talo after the 1st 7-11 +a half a block further next to the pet shop (only one on Soi kao talo) there is also a pharmacy (a little more expensive) across the street. I would stay away from the expensive tea drinks 9not that they do not work) but you have to take for a long time to work & they are pricey!

You can find a dietary supplements for about 25-30 baht a pill in 10 pack increments.

Beware the pharmacies will try to fill you with bull about the pharmacy down the road sells a copy that does not work. most of the ingrediants are identicle & work the same. None have ephederine so0 they are relatively safe on a short term basis.Even more important is your will to lose the weight & to exercise & I know it is extremely dificult as the Thai food here is excellent,but only eating when you are truely hungry is the key.

I am the same target weight of 67 kilos(153 lbs) since I was 18. I am 5'5" now & have had to remind myself to only eat when my body requires food. I do cheat & occassionally eat a dairy queen small ice cream cone.

These pills should curb your craving & you most likely can get them at smaller pharmacies in Pattaya as the larger ones want to sell you the 3000 baht dietary supplement drinks. Good luck you can do it! :o

hydrochloride monohydrate 15 mpgs & seems to work well.

Oh yes, I forgot to add subtramine (brand name Meridia). It alters the brain chemistry involved in food craving. Effective but may be dangerous for people with high blood pressure and should not be taken by people on antidpressent medication without consulting a doctor first. otherwise the studies to date (it is a pretty new drug) are favorable. Might try it myself since I can't seem to locate Accomplia....food cravings (esp at certain points in the hormone cycle) are my biggest problem in maintaining my weight.

Acomplia (works exactly the opposite of marijuana for food cravings and munchies) is now available in Europe, Mexico, and Argentina. Anyone have any idea when it will become available in Thailand? This new drug is probably going to be the biggest drug of the decade. There is now evidence that not only do most users lose weight safely and keep it off (20 pounds typically), but they are trying to make claims that it also prevents heart disease and diabetes, and helps current diabetics. The only major problem known is some users get too depressed and must stop taking it.

Edited by Jingthing

Acomplia (works exactly the opposite of marijuana for food cravings and munchies) is now available in Europe, Mexico, and Argentina. Anyone have any idea when it will become available in Thailand? This new drug is probably going to be the biggest drug of the decade. There is now evidence that not only do most users lose weight safely and keep it off (20 pounds typically), but they are trying to make claims that it also prevents heart disease and diabetes, and helps current diabetics. The only major problem known is some users get too depressed and must stop taking it.

I too have been trying to locate Acomplia in Thailand. I understand it is being sold in Asia but not sure in which country.

I too have been trying to locate Acomplia in Thailand. I understand it is being sold in Asia but not sure in which country.

Me too, so far no luck. None in Cambodia (although sibutramine is readily available there, brand name Figurer)

Diet pills dont work. Thay are a farce. Eat less and exercise more.

I once lost 30 pounds in 45 days by reducing my calorie intake and exercising.

It's simple. Count your calories...there are counters online. Reduce your intake to 1000 calories per day.

Exercise for at leasr 30 minutes per day....aerobic exercise...you have to really get your heart pumping. Running or jogging or tennis are good...walking wont give you the heartrate you need to really burn calories.

Good luck

Diet pills dont work. Thay are a farce. Eat less and exercise more.

I once lost 30 pounds in 45 days by reducing my calorie intake and exercising.

It's simple. Count your calories...there are counters online. Reduce your intake to 1000 calories per day.

Exercise for at leasr 30 minutes per day....aerobic exercise...you have to really get your heart pumping. Running or jogging or tennis are good...walking wont give you the heartrate you need to really burn calories.

Good luck

Good for you if you keep it off.

I contend for most people DIETS DON'T WORK.

Studies have shown that well over 90 percent of obese people who lose weight gain it back and more.

It is not a morality issue. 1000 calories a day is a starvation diet and it is very, very difficult for mere mortals to continue that indefinitely. When you diet, you train your body to expect starvation levels, so when you eventually go off the diet, just an extra cookie now and then means you gain 5 pounds.

I find it offensive to make a blanket statement- diet pills don't work.

So far, most of them have not been very good. But science is advancing, and I personally would bet the house that within 10 years there indeed is going to be a very effective medication protocol that will be able to really help the majoriy of obese people. And help them over their entire lives.

Edited by Jingthing