Second hand comics and well stocked Lego department

KIO

Hi all,

As the title states, this is a dual query:

Firstly, I'm looking for some kind of second hand shop that stocks Disney comic books eg. Donald, Mickey, Goofy etc. (English); interessted both in the hard and soft back types. Currently living in Hua Hin and the only comic I've found so far is the "Archie" comic which I feel the jokes in are a little bit to adult for my 8-year old to comprehend. And as we're off to Bkk this upcoming weekend I thought I'll as the experts for advice.

Been googling a little bit in regards to my Lego question and I've found information that the The Central Grand Rama 9 has a well stocked Lego section. Can anyone confirm this and also if there are even better places with big Lego departments.

Cheers!

KIO

Most big departmentstores have it at the kid's floor.

Maybe the most at the japanese based malls like Isetan in central world? They have rich customers.

Yeah, I know that, was hoping maybe there had opened an official Lego shop in Bkk as there has in many neighboring countries. And just have a couple of hours to spare won't really have the time to scout around that much.

KIO

Skickat från min G7-L01 via Tapatalk

If there was an official legoshop it also would be there i would think, or EM-quartier...it's for rich customers and i guess the japanese like it as well.

2nd hand books were at kao sarn road in the past, not sure for now. Maybe a brittish member can bring/sell them to you? 

If you don't have the time better buy it online, might even be cheaper as well.

If there was an official legoshop it also would be there i would think, or EM-quartier...it's for rich customers and i guess the japanese like it as well.

2nd hand books were at kao sarn road in the past, not sure for now. Maybe a brittish member can bring/sell them to you? 

If you don't have the time better buy it online, might even be cheaper as well.

Thanks for the tips!

There are a number of book/magazine/comic dealers at the Chatuchak Weekend Market.

If you were to take the MRT (subway), exit at Kampangphet Station (NOT Chatuchak Park) The book section will be close to the left as you exit.  You can find maps of the market online.

There are a number of book/magazine/comic dealers at the Chatuchak Weekend Market.
If you were to take the MRT (subway), exit at Kampangphet Station (NOT Chatuchak Park) The book section will be close to the left as you exit.  You can find maps of the market online.

Super tip, thanks! Never gon there with the MRT but this time around it will be the most practical... from the exit you mentioned, is your directions for stalls outside or within the actual market?

KIO

4 minutes ago, KIO said:

Super tip, thanks! Never gon there with the MRT but this time around it will be the most practical... from the exit you mentioned, is your directions for stalls outside or within the actual market?

KIO

Within.  As I said, a map of the market will be really useful and save time.  One hint: each stall has a small address plaque somewhere near a top corner showing what section it's in.  Really helpful in finding your way around as it is easy to get lost there.

There used to be some comic book vendors near the Siam square area going towards Chulalongkorn Univ.  I have no idea if they are still there as the area has gone way upscale.

Edited by dddave

Within.  As I said, a map of the market will be really useful and save time.  One hint: each stall has a small address plaque somewhere near a top corner showing what section it's in.  Really helpful in finding your way around as it is easy to get lost there.

Great, many thanks! Been there several times but have never noticed the comic stalls... going on Sunday and am very exited!!! CHEERS!

KIO

Ok, quick update. Just been to the Kinokuniya shop at Paragon and, to my son's happines, found a Sonic comic... 265 b. Give you all another update after my visit to Chatuchack and my findings there.

KIOIMG_20161217_175741.jpg.1140b6179b047f76