Thai Police nationwide ready to facilitate holidaymakers

webfact

Police nationwide ready to facilitate holidaymakers

BANGKOK, 22 December 2016 (NNT) - Police across Thailand are gearing up to accommodate holidaymakers and ensure their safety during the New Year period. 

Through a joint program between the Metropolitan Police Bureau and Traffic Police, people can now receive free car inspections by traffic police during business hours until December 30th. Police officers will ensure people’s cars are in good condition before they embark on a trip upcountry. 

The move is in line with the government policy to reduce traffic congestion and road fatalities during the seven-day period. In the northern province of Chiang Mai, Doi Saket Provincial Police Station has installed speed cameras on Highway 118, which runs between Chiang Mai and Chiang Rai province. Police have singled out this highway for its treacherous slopes and record of serious traffic accidents. Motorists must observe an 80 kmph speed limit for their own safety. 

In Samut Prakan province, police checkpoints have been set up on major roads and small streets across the province to ensure people adhere to traffic laws. Hospitals have also been told to be on 24-hour standby for medical emergencies. 

In the capital, Bangkok Hospital is preparing its medical staff and emergency unit to handle trauma patients during the long holiday period. The hospital will ensure patients have swift access to medical services with state-of-the art medical technology, helicopter, motorcycle and boat emergency services.

nnt_logo.jpg
-- nnt 2016-12-22

Oh i see, so the police have been to the automotiv technical school in Thailand and are able to inspect the safety of cars! They should start with the coaches and buses who often loose their brakes.

Several times when they stopped me/us we almost got an accident because of the way they direct us to stop.

I can't wait to see them at work, usually they sit in a tent along the road looking at their computers all day.

On 22/12/2016 at 5:16 PM, fruitman said:

Oh i see, so the police have been to the automotiv technical school in Thailand and are able to inspect the safety of cars! They should start with the coaches and buses who often loose their brakes.

Several times when they stopped me/us we almost got an accident because of the way they direct us to stop.

I can't wait to see them at work, usually they sit in a tent along the road looking at their computers all day.

Exactly. Had a super-near-miss yesterday morning when the bright sparks set up a road block just over the brow of a hill on a major highway.

100-to-0 in just a few seconds: thank God my brakes are good and I'm on high alert. I am certain there would have been a few crashes at that location later in the day.

What chance is there for the rest of the population when the police are brainless morons?

49 minutes ago, eeyang wah said:

Exactly. Had a super-near-miss yesterday morning when the bright sparks set up a road block just over the brow of a hill on a major highway.

100-to-0 in just a few seconds: thank God my brakes are good and I'm on high alert. I am certain there would have been a few crashes at that location later in the day.

What chance is there for the rest of the population when the police are brainless morons?

It's easy money for them when an accident happens right infront of them so they can give assistance and get a fee.

So don't think they'll change it.

Also the spots they pick for checkpoints are very dangerous, i've been standing at the side of the road with a policeman questioning me while a huge truck with overhanging load passed us full speed at 40 cm distance...if i didn't jump aside he would have hit me with his load. The police didn't say anything about it.

It's easy money for them when an accident happens right infront of them so they can give assistance and get a fee.

So don't think they'll change it.

Also the spots they pick for checkpoints are very dangerous, i've been standing at the side of the road with a policeman questioning me while a huge truck with overhanging load passed us full speed at 40 cm distance...if i didn't jump aside he would have hit me with his load. The police didn't say anything about it.

I nearly ran one over on Friday night opposite Ram Hospital, (check point just after blind bend) waved me through then decided to stop me, at least we were near a hospital!

Sent from my SM-G920F using Thaivisa Connect mobile app

1 hour ago, lee68 said:

The speed camera in Doi saket will make a fortune,all the cars and busses fly down that hill!

The only'  problem ' with speed cameras, as reported by the BIB in Khon Kaen after last Songkran,  is the amount of people who ignore the written demand for payment and aren't pursued.

The warning signs and cameras have limited value even as a deterrent.

4 minutes ago, Caveat Emptor said:

So people take their cars for a check, get a list of defects and drive away with no intention of spending the money on repairs, even replacing basic things like blown bulbs ?

If the vehicle is in really bad condition, faulty brakes etc will the driver still be allowed to drive it away to be ' repaired ' ?

I don't see from the OP if it's only for cars. However, if you ride a bike, and everything is legal, the BiB come usually up with an exhaust which is tooooo looouuuudd.... Especially in places like CM, HH, and Pattaya. Would be nice to have a paper erverthing is all right.

9 hours ago, Caveat Emptor said:

So people take their cars for a check, get a list of defects and drive away with no intention of spending the money on repairs, even replacing basic things like blown bulbs ?

More than half of the cars in BKK has a blown bulb, the police could get rich by fining them but they are all on inactive posts.