Cheap Apartment

crabstix

I am looking for an apartment to stay in the center of Chiang Mai somewhere near Baan Thai Hotel and Nimseeseng Hotel (they are close together). Does anyone know of any reasonable priced apartments in that area preferably with a/c and costing less than 3500 baht/month. Also are there any reasonably cheap but tasty restaurants in that area? I am on a tight budget for now as I am looking for work.

I am looking for an apartment to stay in the center of Chiang Mai somewhere near Baan Thai Hotel and Nimseeseng Hotel (they are close together). Does anyone know of any reasonable priced apartments in that area preferably with a/c and costing less than 3500 baht/month. Also are there any reasonably cheap but tasty restaurants in that area? I am on a tight budget for now as I am looking for work.

You're gonna be scratching to get much for that. Maybe a room with your own dunny.

Most Thai's are paying 2 - 2 1/2 a month for a halfway decent room.

Sorry !!

Yes in the Sripingmuang area I recommend Methawee apartment. I think it will be within your budget. Go and check it out. They have 24 hour security. As for restaurants in that area, check out the ‘Olive restaurant’ which is opposite. It looks basic but the food is amazingly tasty! I had the ‘lad na

talay’ last week. The coffee is also pretty good for the price. "

Yes in the Sripingmuang area I recommend Methawee apartment. I think it will be within your budget. Go and check it out. They have 24 hour security. As for restaurants in that area, check out the ‘Olive restaurant’ which is opposite. It looks basic but the food is amazingly tasty! I had the ‘lad na

Thanks for your quick response. Does the Olive Restaurant have a menu written in English? I can't read Thai but I am learning. Thanks

Could you help out with more info on the location of Methawee apartments ? -( in relation to the "old" city ).

Thanks

Could you help out with more info on the location of Methawee apartments ? -( in relation to the "old" city ).

Thanks

Sure. No probs. Just do a google search using the keywords 'baan tai' and 'Sripingmuang Rd.' When you get to the website, click on 'location map' and you will see a basic map with the names of the main roads. You can pretty much walk it from Baan Tai hotel. If in doubt, ask the locals. If they don't know Methawee apartments ask for the location of 'The Olive Restaurant.' It's pretty much opposite Methawee apartments. If you're peckish after that try the 'lad na' noodles there. I wish I knew the cook's secret recipe then I wouldnt have to travel 10km just to eat there. Arroy jing2!!!

Thanks

Sure. No probs. Just do a google search using the keywords 'baan tai' and 'Sripingmuang Rd.' When you get to the website, click on 'location map' and you will see a basic map with the names of the main roads. You can pretty much walk it from Baan Tai hotel. If in doubt, ask the locals. If they don't know Methawee apartments ask for the location of 'The Olive Restaurant.' It's pretty much opposite Methawee apartments. If you're peckish after that try the 'lad na' noodles there. I wish I knew the cook's secret recipe then I wouldnt have to travel 10km just to eat there. Arroy jing2!!!

Thank you crabstix....will set about finding ( Go fetch !!)