Lifeguard chief says budget cut will not impact service quality

snoop1130

Lifeguard chief says budget cut will not impact service quality

1_20171161718558_nGgFJfnjyPwgDYeouWcoarq

PHUKET:-- The quality and number of lifeguards in Phuket will remain unaffected in the new contract despite a 10 percent cut in the budget, the president of the Phuket Lifeguard Club (PLC) told the Phuket Gazette today. 

Public concern about the budget cut for Phuket’s lifeguards has been voiced by both the local and international communities here, with the California-based 'International Surf Lifesaving Association' (ISLA) sending a letter to Prime Minister Gen Prayuth Chan-o-cha last week, stating that the budget cut will cost Phuket hundreds of lives. 

“The ISLA is aware that the Phuket Provincial Administration Organization (PPAO) has, for the last
14 years, provided money for lifesaving services at many of Phuket’s beaches. However, our initial review indicates the services delivered do not meet international standards. In addition, the private tender model for providing this essential public safety service has resulted in numerous gaps of Lifeguard coverage over the last seven years,” the letter reads. 

Full Story: http://www.phuketgazette.net/phuket-news/Lifeguard-chief-says-budget-cut-not-impact/66142?desktopversion

pgazette_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket Gazette 2017-1-16

Small hotels are currently being forced (quite rightly BTW) to become legal, i.e. register with the Phuket OrBorJor and pay a 1% room tax. Their revenue should therefore increase substantially this year. Surely this tax additional income should be used to fund essential tourism needs, including lifeguards and a whole list of other items that I won't bother with as they won't happen. I wonder what it will be used for?

1 hour ago, madmitch said:

Small hotels are currently being forced (quite rightly BTW) to become legal, i.e. register with the Phuket OrBorJor and pay a 1% room tax. Their revenue should therefore increase substantially this year. Surely this tax additional income should be used to fund essential tourism needs, including lifeguards and a whole list of other items that I won't bother with as they won't happen. I wonder what it will be used for?

Mercedes 330 sports special,swimming pool,new servants bungalow.