Surat Thani mini-van driver arrested in Phuket for drug possession

webfact

Surat Thani mini-van driver arrested in Phuket for drug possession

Eakkapop Thongtub

1484623704_1-org.jpg

Payungkorn told police that he got the drugs from Surat Thani and was set to deliver them to a dealer in Phuket. Photo: Eakkapop Thongtub

PHUKET: -- A Surat Thani based mini-van driver was arrested in Phuket Town yesterday (Jan 16) when he was found to be in possession of methamphetamine (ya bah) and crystal meth (ya ice) which were to be delivered to a Phuket dealer.

At 4:30pm yesterday, Maj Rithichai Chumchuay of the Phuket City Police and his team arrested 33-year-old Mr Payungkorn Inaksorn from Surat Thani when 2.75 grams of ya ice and 30 ya bah pills were found hidden inside his mini-van.

A further search of Payungkorn’s rented room on Sakdidet Rd later discovered 719.03g of ya ice.

The arrest of Payungkorn came after police received a tip-off that drugs were being delivered by mini-van to a location on Sakdidet Rd.

Full story: http://www.thephuketnews.com/surat-thani-mini-van-driver-arrested-in-phuket-for-drug-possession-60648.php

tphuketnews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket News 2017-01-17

11 hours ago, The man from udon said:

Nice little holiday for him.i love the way they grass,snitch each other up here in Thailand.if it wasn't for these people the police would be lost for work.

Like I mentioned in my comment on another topic 

What I'm about to write will indeed earn me a wide array of comments from other posters.... keeping that in mind..

10 hours ago, webfact said:

A tip from another dealer, who had surrendered himself on Saturday, led Phuket City Police officials to the post office behind Provincial Hall. 

In the western half of the world, it is in many ways, the fastest option to choose, to end not only your own life for ratting someone out, but the consequences have and can wipe out an entire family and associates whether or not they had knowledge.

The articles I read on TV that been copied and pasted from other sources are the more sensational (or not) acts of crime that they believe  keep the followers of this website coming. (Which I will sadly add........their method works.)

My point being, how is it that they (Newspapers) can post blatantly  the original information stemmed from an informant? Where I'm from, information received from informants is never told to the media due to triggering more murders and information from where the info came from is credited to some story about police work.

Is it a culture thing? (If you get arrested rat out anything you may believe will earn you a get out of jail card)

Dunno know about the rest of you's, but this country appears to be infested with 2 legged ratters.

I suppose the idea, taking revenge on a rat hasn't made it this far yet.

Sort of explains why they are so blase to actually investigate a non/serious offence...they don't know how to.

After you have cheated to gain entrance to the police school, shows what your attitude is right from the start. 

Edited 33 minutes ago by sioux2012 
Im certainly not condoning the offenses that stand against these 4 guys, but informants are probably small part of the reason they have "I don't need to learn jack sh1t" attitude