Smart Phone under ฿10,000

Issangeorge

What's a bit off? Is it a bit off that I had two S4 phones die from failed mainboards? Is it a bit off that the S5 has been in a Bangkok repair shop three times and once to Udon Thani Samsung shop? Actually you are correct, my Samsung phones are a bit off. Actually a LOT off.

I meant that Samsung were wrong to lie about your device's provenance and to not repair it.

Sent from my SM-T815Y using Tapatalk

• 5 months later...

Hi everyone, I just replaced my ageing iPhone 4S which remains now in recovery mode forever (nobody able to help for a phone I paid 23'000 Baht!) with a Huawei Y6II. Bought it from Lazada for 3'990 Baht only. Here is the link. That is good value. It was here less than 48 hours after I ordered, I live currently in the deep Isaan, well done Lazada! The phone is a breeze to work with, already before I fully understand it, camera is way, way better than my iPhone and even better than an Iphone 5 or 6. Only thing I will have to find out: how do I access my files on my PC? When I connect the phone to my PC it doesn't show any file. There is a file there though called "HuaweiHiSuiteDownLoader" but when I click on it, everything shows up in Thai language and then I'm completely lost. I then downloaded that HiSuite again from the web, specifically in English, but when I install it with "Run As Administrator" (I have Win 7), all comes again in Thai.

Can anyone enlighten me on how to see and manage all my files from the phone on my PC? Any help is greatly appreciated!

Until now, my family only bought Apple and Samsung, but we're done with both of them. The Chinese will outperform them, they're doing it now already.

2 hours ago, Dario said:

Hi everyone, I just replaced my ageing iPhone 4S which remains now in recovery mode forever (nobody able to help for a phone I paid 23'000 Baht!) with a Huawei Y6II. Bought it from Lazada for 3'990 Baht only. Here is the link. That is good value. It was here less than 48 hours after I ordered, I live currently in the deep Isaan, well done Lazada! The phone is a breeze to work with, already before I fully understand it, camera is way, way better than my iPhone and even better than an Iphone 5 or 6. Only thing I will have to find out: how do I access my files on my PC? When I connect the phone to my PC it doesn't show any file. There is a file there though called "HuaweiHiSuiteDownLoader" but when I click on it, everything shows up in Thai language and then I'm completely lost. I then downloaded that HiSuite again from the web, specifically in English, but when I install it with "Run As Administrator" (I have Win 7), all comes again in Thai.

Can anyone enlighten me on how to see and manage all my files from the phone on my PC? Any help is greatly appreciated!

Until now, my family only bought Apple and Samsung, but we're done with both of them. The Chinese will outperform them, they're doing it now already.

I don't have a Huawei phone, but did find this on the internet:

http://9m2aim.blogspot.com/2015/03/change-hwawei-hisuite-language.html

36 minutes ago, gjoo888 said:

36 minutes ago, gjoo888 said:

Thank you gjoo888, you're an absolute champ! Thank you a million!

Edited by Dario
must add something

I must add the following: I have followed the instructions, changed the language from Thai to English US, it reflects this way in the settings file, but when I open HiSuite it still opens in Thai language. I have sent yesterday an email to the one who wrote the instructions. He still hasn't answered yet.

Hisuite new userdata settings.PNG

Edited by Dario

• 7 months later...

As this topic is now around 7 moths old I wondered what the current best buy is?

I currently use a Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 of which I like all the features, spec and price apart from the camera, the camera is garbage and I take a lot of pics of my 4 year old so a good camera is high on my wants list. I dropped it last week and thought I had only broke the screen protector but I've broke the actual glass so as it's probably 18 months old or so I will replace it.

I have been using a Xiaomi Mi Max 2 for the last few months ( in replacement of a Samsung A9Pro), if you want something with a big screen ( 6.44 inches), giant battery ( 5300 maH !!! ), this is a phone to consider, I paid 9490 bahts ( 4Gb/64 Gb version ), and this is still the price it is being sold here ( Chiang Mai ).

Not a beasty processor, but I do not play much. Decent camera that mostly suits my needs. I like this phone very much, and I am waiting for the Mi Max 3 for an even bigger screen ( 7 inches announced, probably in June )

Specs here: https://www.gsmarena.com/xiaomi_mi_max_2-8582.php or http://www.siamphone.com/spec/xiaomi/mi_max_2.htm

Edited by pilou
Typo
  • Like 1

On 4/30/2018 at 6:50 PM, jaiyenyen said:

I'm currently looking around for a new phone. I'm thinking either Huawei Y7 or Nokia 6. Both have good reviews.  Has anyone got any other suggestions ?

Y7 pro 2018 was on sale for 5k baht.  3gb ram/32gb internal storage (about 22GB usable), 3k mAh battery,  dual rear, single front camera, android oreo 8.0.0. 

Y9 2018 is 7k 3gb ram/32gb internal storage, 4k mAh battery, dual rear, dual front camera, android oreo 8.0.0. and come with more free gifts. 

Actually i prefer the Asus zenfone Max.  Was going to get zenfone 4 max pro or max plus (m1).  There are some application issues with huawei optimization software baked into OS.  Apps that are exempted from being closed are still being closed silently.  The recovery mode doesnt load (says "software installation failed").   And their tech support online seems to be limited to "clear cache in recovery mode" or "factory reset your device" :saai:

Most casual users may not notice it.

5k baht... Cannot complain too much. 

Edited by 4evermaat
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for the information.

I bought the Y7 in the end, and it seems fine. I'm a casual user so I don't think the issues you mentioned will affect me too much. My main problem has been getting used to the OS after using a windows phone 555. It seems a good deal for 4,900 baht