Assets Insurance Public Company Limited - Car insurance

tomtom2560

Just want to share my experience here. I had a car accident recently in Bangkok and my car is currently insured by this company. Their service recovery level as well as helping me to make claims and ensuring everything is done promptly is probably one of the worst experiences I have ever had with any insurance company.

I am still unable to collect my car and it has been more than a month causing alot of inconvenience in my daily activities. I have been calling them everyday on when I am able to collect my car but up til now they have not made the payment claim for me to collect my car from the work shop. I cant believe their work efficiency and have nowhere to vent my anger as well.

Worst experience ever. Just wanted to share in case anyone else has experienced this.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

2 problems (one similar to yours) which I have had:

the car went to ''their'' garage, to repair damage.  When I delivered the car, man, it was like a back-alley operation.

The car was sent to the closest town, a small 'shop'' in Phuket, wheras I live in Nakohn Si Thammarat.

Like you, they took 6 weeks, and refused to pay for a car rental, which the policy covered.

The second time was a damaged door. Again, it was not the delay. But the paint job was inferior.

Some insurers offer 2 choices, where you can chose ''dealer'' or ''garage''. ''Dealer'' is slightly more expensive. But they would have fixed the car quickly for me, as they have a reputation (Ford) to keep.

This website which one of the administrators set up a forum for (now closed) is very usewful for doing your own research. Currently, they clearly out bid any of the 3 quotes I am looking at, from my agent. Website is: https://finance.rabbit.co.th/en/car-insurance/>

Just now, sendintheclowns said:

used them for my house. the coverage was limited, but they paid up, for fire once and burglary (twice).

I forgot what is now a funny experience. My Acer monitor went on fire, burning up part of the office furniture.

They covered the furniture damage but not the monitor.

That was because ''the fire in the monitor started inside the monitor'' . 555

• 2 months later...

Ive been told an older car can't be covered with first class insurance.

And so I've been told the accident insurance is for car to car damage only . If you smack into a coffee shop you pay everything yourself.

Besides the trust and accountability issues in Thailand insurance is not so comprehensive in Thailand. I recommend a bicycle.

• 3 weeks later...

I´d just like to point out if you guy´s who are looking into car insurance, absolutely don´t go with AXA. I had Viriyah for my first years here in Thailand and have nothing but good to say about them, had only one incident (hit and run) so the car was fixed 100% with proper Toyota garage and no extra payment since it was first class insurance. Later on my friend started to sell insurance for AXA so I of cause wanted to support/buy from him which looked to be a good 1 class insurance. After 2 years two of my cars had a little scratches and bumps here and there so I wanted to get it fixed with my first class insurance. For starters I had to pay 1000 bht for each since it was hit and run/own damage plus 1000 bht for each place on each car. So I had to pay 8000 Bht for the two cars (on top of the first class yearly fee´s) and of cause I was not too happy. Anyway angry get´s you nowhere in the LOS so the cars were brought to the garages after waiting for a month to get in, who by the way were located in the jungle literally, but two different garages though. When I picked up the cars, they looked like my 5 year old son went on a rampage with a can of spray, terrible job but AXA say´d it´s just like that in Thailand. Few months later the paint started to bubble up and fall off so i saw they hadn´t even sandpapered the old paint down and now everything was falling off. I took them back to AXA and show´d them. They´re answer was so sorry for this, but we can make a new claim for you and you will only have to pay 1000 baht but we will make sure you will get the best garage. Again smile and pay. After another jungle party, well the job looked to be better this time but not better than that you could easily see the car had been damaged on those spots before, so better job but still not good. Within one year later the same thing, bubbles, paint braking up/falling off and the same thing, but this time I already did my research and I said  i´d like to take the cars to a proper garage to get it done for good. The answer was "no we don´t work with this garage" so what about Toyota "no you can not we don´t work with Toyota unless the car is brand new" So I said what options do I have? "well we have a very good garage bla bla bla" so I asked can you please just pay me the damage so I can take care of this by myself and I´ll be responsible if the cost is higher. The answer was NO. So basically AXA will force you to use they´re cheap jungle garages and they will be so nice to you when everything goes south, that they will find you a new garage in the jungle and you "only" have to pay the 1000 bht and they will "fix you a new claim" 

My point is avoid to buy insurance from companies like AXA. I´ve done a research lately and it seem´s to be Viriyah,  Mugan Thai and Thanachart who people are most satisfied with.