Trump bars door to refugees, visitors from seven nations

rooster59

4 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

That's the order this entire thread, and my post, is talking about -- not any of the others on different subjects. I wrote "order," not orders.

key word is federal...previous action was at state level...MN. and another...MA?

• Replies 487
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, localczar said:

key word is federal...previous action was at state level...MN. and another...MA?

If you mean the prior rulings by other judges, no, the other prior ones I've read about were all federal judges located in those other jurisductions, but still federal judges.

But, their orders only applied to certain limited subgroups of people affected by Trump's travel ban order, as opposed to enjoining the entire order. 

The latest order by the federal judge in Washington state pretty much enjoins enforcement of the entire order.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

On Tuesday, January 31, 2017 at 0:39 AM, Thakkar said:

Ok, let's look at raw numbers instead of averages. how many terrorist attacks  have there been in the last eight years?

Answer: 18 incidents as of Nov 28, 2016 with a total of 50 fatalities. The fatality number includes the perpetrators of the attacks. Most of the civilian fatalities occurred in 3 incidents: in Texas in 2009, The Boston bombing in 2013, and SAN Bernardino in 2015. ( http://www.johnstonsarchive.net/terrorism/wrjp255a.html the compilation is comprehensive and well-sourced with all sources listed at the end)

This is no trivial number, but in comparison to the rest of the world, it is not huge. Considering the number of enemies the US has amassed with the invasions of Iraq and Afghanistan and its support of Israel despite its continued building of illegal settlements, it is surprisingly small and that has to be credited to the competent works by various agencies and police departments.

One life is as valuable as any other. The number of deaths from gun related ACCIDENTS is higher (much, much higher) than deaths from Islamic terrorism and yet almost nothing is done about sensible gun control. But I digress. Sorry.

Will Trump be able to reduce the number of "Islamist terrorist attacks" from the current average of 2.2 a year to something less? Perhaps. But so could any other president, because such prevention work is on-going regardless of president.

Talking tough and wagging your finger at an entire religion makes good headlines and gives bigots a nice boner but does nothing to actually reduce terrorism. If anything, such behavior by a leader risks scuttling much good work already being done to reduce terrorism.

Averages would give a much better idea, so how about taking it back to 9/11/2001.   That will give the REAL average, instead of the phoney average over the past eight years.

Of course  one could use raw numbers, but not Including 2001 right through to the present will give a skewed result, which does nobody any good, except one pushing an agenda!!

Edited by F4UCorsair

On 2/1/2017 at 11:16 PM, Thakkar said:

Note: Thad only recently married Melania when he said tha was pregnant.

Trump: I did try and f@#k her. She was married...
I moved on her like a b!&ch. But I couldn’t get there. And she was married...
Trump: Yeah, that’s her. With the gold. I better use some Tic Tacs just in case I start kissing her. You know, I’m automatically attracted to beautiful — I just start kissing them. It’s like a magnet. Just kiss. I don’t even wait. And when you’re a star, they let you do it. You can do anything.
Bush: Whatever you want.
Trump: Grab ’em by the pussy. You can do anything

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/10/08/us/donald-trump-tape-transcript.html?_r=0

With embedded video/audio

Donald Trump boasted about meeting semi-naked teenagers in beauty pageants
Mr Trump said on the Howard Stern radio show in 2005 that he was “allowed”, as the owner of the pageant, to go backstage while the contestants were getting dressed.

“You know they’re standing there with no clothes. Is everybody OK? And you see these incredible looking women. And so I sort of get away with things like that.”

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/donald-trump-former-miss-arizona-tasha-dixon-naked-undressed-backstage-howard-stern-a7357866.html

Agrees that his daughter is a "piece of &ss"
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/donald-trump-howard-stern-talk-936602

"On Stern's radio show, Trump talks about his daughter being "voluptuous," dumping women after they turn 35 and sneaking backstage to see the women in the Miss Universe pageant as they got dressed."

Finally, Trump's own statement:
"I've never said I'm a perfect person, nor pretended to be someone that I'm not," he said in the video. "I've said and done things I regret, and the words released today on this more-than-a-decade-old video are one of them."

Are you sure you're not quoting JFK or Bill Clinton?

Their conduct, equally bad morally, was while they were IN OFFICE??

Leave that alone.

Edited by F4UCorsair

On 1/30/2017 at 9:42 PM, Thakkar said:

Send all the lawnmowers to Gitmo!

Trump's actions are not about safeguarding Americans, it's about feeding red meat to his Deplorables. And it's working.

deleted.....wrong quote

Edited by F4UCorsair

On 1/30/2017 at 5:59 PM, Norrad said:

Trump should hurry up and build that wall! Best to keep all those dangerous Americans from getting out :-P

2016-09-01-1472759565-493250-extreme_extreme_vetting.jpg

I note you didn't bother to quote the number of Americans (and others) killed by islamist extremists (terrorists) on tourist visas, or other than migrants???    Would that be asking too much to include the almost 3000 killed on 9/11/2001?    I guess it would.   Sorry I mentioned it......an inconvenient truth???

5 hours ago, F4UCorsair said:

I note you didn't bother to quote the number of Americans (and others) killed by islamist extremists (terrorists) on tourist visas, or other than migrants???    Would that be asking too much to include the almost 3000 killed on 9/11/2001?    I guess it would.   Sorry I mentioned it......an inconvenient truth???

And they happened to be Saudis who are not affected by this ban in the slightest. In actual fact America seems to go out if their way to kiss Saudi butts :-P

5 hours ago, F4UCorsair said:

It would be hilarious if it wasn't so tragic- the 3000 killed on 9/11/2001 were supposedly killed by Saudi terrorists. A nation not banned by Trump!!!