Iphone 6 Stolen from Oman Tourist in Jomtien

webfact

Iphone 6 Stolen from Oman Tourist

By Danny Boy -

oman-4.jpg?fit=960,1280

Iphone 6 stolen from tourist whilst helping others

PATTAYA: -- At 2:00am on February 7th, Pattaya police were called to investigate the theft of an Apple Iphone 6 telephone from a swimming pool complex in Jomtien.

Arriving at the scene, officers found a Mr. Ameen Al Brami, aged 26, from Oman. He is here in Pattaya enjoying a well-deserved break from back home, where he serves in the Army.

He had been swimming with a group of friends at the pool complex in Jomtien. After returning to the locker rooms, he came across a Russian couple have problems trying to open their locker. Mr. Brami felt the need to help the couple, and so left his phone on the bench behind and proceeded to help the couple. After several attempts and a bit of extra force, the 3 of them managed to get get the locker open.

After saying thanks you, Mr. Brami turned around to find that his phone was nowhere to be seen. He looked around but couldn’t find it anywhere, so decided to ask to see the CCTV.

After watching the CCTV footage, Mr. Brami was amazed to see that in fact, the Russian couple he had been helping, actually stole his phone too.

Police are now collecting evidence in an attempt to track down the thieves.

Source: http://pattayaone.news/en/iphone-6-stolen-oman-tourist/

pattaya-one_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Pattaya One 2017-02-07

Soldiers should always secure their gear, especially around hostiles.

Some years ago buddy & were were playing guitars in one of those (now destroyed) circles in Jomtien. Sitting on bench, just a few feet apart, he set down his tough old Nokia (model you could drive nails with and still function). Somehow phone got nicked. We weren't so much angry as amazed at the skill to pull that one off.

1 minute ago, redwinecheese said:

Nice try but the smart phone will be turned off moments after dispersing.:smile:

Whenever it is turned on with or without simcard it can be found and the location is visible. 

You can also receive a notification about the location... And the location where it was turned off.

You really have to learn about all these possiblities !!!

10 hours ago, Lovethailandelite said:

It's easy to give them a new IMEA number here.

im no phone technician but i cant see how that would work, changing the IMEA number on the phone changes the identity but that would not let you unlock the screen, didnt the FBI in the U.S try for months to unlock an iphone that belonged to a terrorist recently because Apple refused to do it for them. I took an iphone to Tukcom that was legitimate and they all told me that only Apple could unlock it, MBK told me the same.

Edited by brianj1964

34 minutes ago, brianj1964 said:

im no phone technician but i cant see how that would work, changing the IMEA number on the phone changes the identity but that would not let you unlock the screen, didnt the FBI in the U.S try for months to unlock an iphone that belonged to a terrorist recently because Apple refused to do it for them. I took an iphone to Tukcom that was legitimate and they all told me that only Apple could unlock it, MBK told me the same.

It's not unlocked until it's given a new identity which is not what the FBI wanted. If I say, there is more than one phone in the world with the same IMEA number are you with me now to how it's done?