Foreign thieves are robbing us blind, complains Thai shop owner

rooster59

4 hours ago, SaintLouisBlues said:

Reading TV I'm so often reminded of Alice's Adventures in Wonderland. In this particular thread we have the devotees of the Queen of Hearts whose most famous saying was "Off with their heads". For them perhaps a paraphrase of the Second Noble Truth is apposite - If you're unhappy with the way humans behave, you're in denial about the realities of human life

I think the Thai justice system is reminiscent of the Queen in Alice in Wonderland:

"off with her head!"

"sentence first, verdict afterwards"

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

14 hours ago, djayz said:

How hard up do you have to be to steal clothing worth a few hundred Baht? 

Money to fly half way around the world but then be on such a tight budget that you can't afford to buy yourself anything.

The video reminds me of another video posted here sometime during the last 12 months. A young pair of caucasian girls who were sitting at the counter in a bar/restaurant. One of them was recorded taking food off of customers's plates. 

Cheap, cheap, cheap...

They were Africans that had been to Michael Jacksons doctor, & i think it is the thrill for them in there country too scared lose face bullshit

6 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

Plenty of Muslims are English and therefore live under English law. 

there were few or no Muslims living in England 200 years ago, as far as I know.  That is the point I was trying to make.  Sorry if it's confusing.

After being banned by the met and rimmer, I thought I would not bother signing in again

But had to on this as wife (thai) said

"Well they want quality tourists and they got them from the eastern block, so what do they expect"

Stealing 200bath dresses, come on they are pure scum but theft is theft and they should pay the price.

Ps I have for sale 3 naff painting from a Japanese hotel any offers, I thought 2 years, but thought wrong

If I am banned for this, Keep well guys see you soon on another forum?

7 hours ago, SparklingCascades said:

Thailand has both good & bad visitors (and farang). Being a low-cost destination Thailand - and our neighbors - attract a fair number of low-budget types searching for cheap (and possibly free) shopping / extras. These are farang types who would find Singapore or Seoul or Tokyo out of their reach. So yes its a mixed bag...many good farang and quite a number of bad farang arrive here. Take nobody at face value is the best way to run a business. 

Come on sunshine every country in the world has scum thieves like this, many do it for entertainment, others for drugs, others because they can.

So for a fact Thailand is no different to all other countries, we all have tea leaves (thief's) and have to put up with it

Mind you saudi arabia have a good idea Cut Their Hands Off"

But sorry even I cannot go for that or can I?

11 minutes ago, wakeupplease said:

Wrong just google

Google has many sources...but Wikipedia says this of 1700 to 1800:

The first large group of Muslims to arrive, in the 18th century, were lascars (sailors) recruited from the Indian subcontinent (largely from the Bengal region) to work for the British East India Company, some of whom settled down and took local wives, although minuscule in number. 38 lascars are reported arriving in British ports in 1760[39][40]

So, ditto, Wrong: try another google.  Any advance on 38???

My point is that I believe stealing is punished (today) in some parts of the Islamic world with amputation, as it was in England as late as the 1820s

17 minutes ago, wakeupplease said:

Wrong just google

Goggle just told me that 0 .1% of England's population was Muslim in 1961... that's not that big a percentage, and I would assume that in 1800, it was significantly less.

now... if you expand that to "under British rule" you would see a much larger number

Sorry.... my curiosity was arosed, but.... I'm also wondering how this relates to the topic or why a poster was trying to make the point (correctly, it seems, for what it's worth)

suggested that the police do nothing because they are foreigners.

You know, from a traffic police standpoint I felt that it was the other way around, Locals are allowed to go free or their infringements are ignored while tourists are  selected, perhaps because they have money on them and cry less.

The common denominator though seems to be poor police!

Edited by jacko45k

Shoplifters caught on CCTV should always be prosecuted, this would give them a criminal record and cause them problems for the rest of their lives.  Foreigners should be given a couple of weeks in a Thai jail, miss their flights and have to pay for a single fare home. It should also result in a ban from entering the country again.  This would make stealing a few hundred baht, a very uneconomic proposition.  This should be advertised in every shop and airport, spelt out so everyone knows the result of theft.

I really think that this is disgusting behaviour light fingered cheap and nasty birds ! no shame but perhaps naming and shaming would do the trick ! definantly more security needs to be implemented in this shop like maybe a tagging device that you see in most clothes shops so when the perp leaves an alarm goes off ! highly embarrassing but effective in most European stores but you must put a sign clearly visible in english and thai that there is security measures in the store and shoplifters will be prosecuted by the law ! but it also means you need an assistant for security female ex am thai trained to vigil the exit 300 BHT a day ! she needs to un clutter the shop and make it more open so its not so easy mirrors are good in strategic places as well for blind spots ! that should do the job in my opinion ! but when they have been caught there pictures must be circulated so everyone can see there faces and warn other shops and public what scum they really are in my opinion.its out ragious and must stop ! they have credit cards use them !

3 hours ago, Ian Maxwell said:

I really think that this is disgusting behaviour light fingered cheap and nasty birds ! no shame but perhaps naming and shaming would do the trick ! definantly more security needs to be implemented in this shop like maybe a tagging device that you see in most clothes shops so when the perp leaves an alarm goes off ! highly embarrassing but effective in most European stores but you must put a sign clearly visible in english and thai that there is security measures in the store and shoplifters will be prosecuted by the law ! but it also means you need an assistant for security female ex am thai trained to vigil the exit 300 BHT a day ! she needs to un clutter the shop and make it more open so its not so easy mirrors are good in strategic places as well for blind spots ! that should do the job in my opinion ! but when they have been caught there pictures must be circulated so everyone can see there faces and warn other shops and public what scum they really are in my opinion.its out ragious and must stop ! they have credit cards use them !

A single piece of textile 150 bht got stolen.I hope the shopowner will get over this big loss.

On 12/02/2017 at 4:47 AM, Shawn0000 said:

Many foreigners not being good people is entirely accurate as is the fact that many people from every country are not good people, did you think that she said most?  The shop keeper is putting blame on the police by the way, they have had their reports ignored, it is fair to complain when you have evidence of crime and nothing is done about it.

No quite right

Try

The Minority of foreigners in most countries including Thailand are not good people, is possible accurate

that sort of sounds better and in good English

I may be wrong

On 12/02/2017 at 6:30 AM, FitnessHealthTravel said:

CCTV is great if you use it. This was shot January 7, she posted this February 11. Those tourists are long gone back to their freezing cold Countries with shit food and weather. Memories of Thailand.  

Where does the Shit Food fit into this? eaten a lot of this, but not in cold freezing countries.

retail outlets worldwide take theft into account, that's why you and I pay a little extra on everything we buy, as we end up paying for theft