Drugs: Thai police continue to make huge busts in wake of arrest of Laotian kingpin Xaysana

webfact

Drugs: Thai police continue to make huge busts in wake of arrest of Laotian kingpin Xaysana

4pm.jpg

Picture: PPTV

BANGKOK: -- National police reported drugs busts and arrest in two major cases yesterday.

A staggering 1.3 billion worth of Ya Ba, Ice and Ketamine and other evidence was put on display for the press, reported PPTV.

There were 6 million Ya Ba tablets and more than 36 kilos of ice.

Seven suspects have been rounded up in recent days. One was an influential northern dealer and three were associates of "Jae Muay" who were responsible for delivering narcotics to smaller dealers in Bangkok.

Three associates of "Nai Boy" an associate of Laotian Xaysana were also arrested. Xaysana was taken down by a huge contingent of officers earlier in the year.

Our picture shows national police chief Chakthip Chaijinda with some of the drugs.

Source: PPTV

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-02-21

Look all credit due for catching the boss but following that up with a couple of blokes that supplied a few low level dealers and an associate of an associate...well not so much. Where's all the big boys and the hi- so's who knowingly aided and abetted this <deleted> any charges being laid or arrests made there? Oh Thailand sorry, right.

A better and tighter border control with true and honest soldiers, a  strong campaign

to eradicate the manufacturing source, death penalties for real for traffickers, financiers

and heads of organizations that import, transport and distribute those drugs

and you just might be on the road to minimize the problems....

4 minutes ago, ezzra said:

A better and tighter border control with true and honest soldiers, a  strong campaign

to eradicate the manufacturing source, death penalties for real for traffickers, financiers

And you might just be dreaming................

2 hours ago, ezzra said:

Border control is only good if they use the checkpoints to enter and leave.  Many other ways to cross the border of countries.  Then there is technology such as drones which can be used to fly and transport product across borders too.  

11 minutes ago, Phuketboy said:

Border control is only good if they use the checkpoints to enter and leave.  Many other ways to cross the border of countries.  Then there is technology such as drones which can be used to fly and transport product across borders too.  

Any drone capable of flying 36k of ice at once? 

That's what I thought. Doubt they make 20 drone flights an hour to bring any drugs over the border. 

53 minutes ago, JerryinTH said:

That's what I thought. Doubt they make 20 drone flights an hour to bring any drugs over the border. 

A decent drone can carry around 4-6kgs for around 15 to 20 mins and will have a standard control range of about 5km.

More expensive drones will carry 6 to 10 kgs without problems.     

With range extending antenna and POV (point of view) goggles the pilot can fly a drone from over 20kms away.     Flight time will be affected by payload.

1 hour ago, JerryinTH said:

There are drones that fire hellfire rockets.. but if you are talking about small drones available to the public then your right. But if your a drug lord.. don't you think you can get bigger and better drones then those available to the public. 

15 minutes ago, seancbk said:

A decent drone can carry around 4-6kgs for around 15 to 20 mins and will have a standard control range of about 5km.

With range extending antenna and POV (point of view) goggles the pilot can fly a drone from over 20kms away.     Flight time will be affected by payload.

Its not like a drug lord can't afford semi professional drones, there are much better ones available too. 

5 minutes ago, robblok said:
21 minutes ago, seancbk said:

Its not like a drug lord can't afford semi professional drones, there are much better ones available too. 

Exactly.  

Vulcan UAV drones - They have one that can carry 30kgs (and up)    http://vulcanuav.com/

Griff Aviation has drones that can carry 125 kgs, 300 kgs and 800 kgs   http://griffaviation.com/

I actual think however that drug runners would choose to fly cheaper drones with loads of say 1.5 kgs (or less).   Don't forget that 500g of ice will be enough to cater to between 500 & 1000 customers.   

A yabba pill probably weighs about 500mg, so 500g of pills would be 1000 of them in one load.  

8 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

Photo caption:

"This should help pay for my kids to get through college in the States."

Weird, i was seeing: "hmm, 2 mia nois in chiang mai, 1 in udon, 2 in bkk, 1 in kanchananuri, 2 in hatjai, 1 in phuket

..."

3 hours ago, The Old Bull said:

The only way to get rid of dope is to do something about the demand not the supply . The American model "going after the dealer" has failed it only serves the enforcement agencies, keeps the funds rolling in.

Filipino friend kills users and dealers ?

7 hours ago, ezzra said:

Easy ezzra they do not want to kill the golden goose. They do not want to shoot themselves in the pocketbook. In so many ways I have noticed this with the BIB just cream a little off of the top and leave the rest to replenish itself for another day. Its like planting a banana tree. 

9 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

Photo caption:

"This should help pay for my kids to get through college in the States."

"College, are you crazy? I am getting a new Ferrari and another mia noi! Why would you squander such wealth on college or your kids. Why I haven't even seen my kids since I abandoned them when they were 6 years old."