Andrew Apperley Thailand death: Brother 'wants answers'

webfact

Andrew Apperley Thailand death: Brother 'wants answers'

SAMUI: -- The brother of a British tourist found dead after a beach party in Thailand says he suspects foul play and want answers from the authorities.

Andrew Apperley, 38, from Eastbourne, was reported missing after failing to return to his hotel four days after going to a Full Moon party.

Richard Apperley said the situation was "just heartbreaking".

"My mum lost her husband and now she's lost her youngest son... it's created a big loss in our lives," he said.

Full story: http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-39107070

bbc_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright BBC 2017-02-28

26 minutes ago, clockman said:

Or help from the consulate. Who are just diplomats enjoying the pleasures!

What annoys me about consulates is the attitude of the workers. They all have the attitude that their job is to drink expensive scotch and play golf with the local nobs . This may be true for the top guys but the attitude permeates down to the lowest clerk. Don't expect any help.

Family of Englishman who died after Full Moon Party suspects foul play

By Coconuts Bangkok

c1.jpg

Photo: Facebook

SAMUI: -- Last week, Englishman Andrew Apperley, 38, was found dead four days after going alone to Koh Phangan’s famous Full Moon Party.

His family filed a missing person report after Apperley did not return to his hotel, ibis on Koh Samui, four days after the beach party ended. The hotel staff still had his passport and driver’s license, which he left with them at reception when he checked in.

The deceased man’s brother, Richard Apperley, is demanding answers from the Thai police and suspects that foul play was involved in the death of his beloved brother.

Full story: https://coconuts.co/bangkok/news/family-englishman-died-full-moon-party-suspects-foul-play/

coconts_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Coconuts Bangkok 2017-02-28

I am sure he will get plenty of answers.

The Thai police will tell him they have done a very extensive investigation.

However, the answers he is seeking and what actually happened are very likely to be two entirely different stories.

Edited by darksidedog

British media "Metro" said:

‘Omg had a mad night all the guys wanting (sic) kill me,’ wrote the father-of-one from Eastbourne, Sussex.

He added ‘Scary guy with face mask. After mushroom. What the f***’ and ‘I’m tripping out. Think I’ve been spiked.’

The messages suggested he had consumed magic mushrooms, which make people hallucinate, and the stimulant Ritalin.

ad236627025-fee-c2a375-for-onl.jpg?w=620

Metro: He sent disturbing final messages to his friends (Picture: Mirror Online)

If Andrew Apperley had been taking drugs, or hippie-age mushrooms, it may not be that mysterious after all...

I think the answer is already quite clear, from the activity engaged in per his texting.

but given the bad press about Thailand and full moon parties, his family is probably thinking the worst of Thailand vs the worst of their son / brother.

that said... autopsy findings / fiction should provide answers, although repatriating the body may need to be done for this.

7 hours ago, USPatriot said:

Drugs thathat sums it up

sums what up, maybe the guy who from what I have read has a carrier and a top notch job a family and might maybe smoke some pot now and again

the sad losers on here are describing him as some sort of drug junky.........I don't see that at all, maybe some depraved a holes want to criticise  this guy because they lead such sad lives that they think somehow they can rise above the non existent deprivation which would accurately describe their own existence

oh the powerful keyboard...............go take a shower - a long shower and clean the stink from your decrepit life - who are you to criticise, this young man with a successful career in the prime of his life who maybe smoked a little pot or what ever ...................he is dead, and the authorities here in Thailand are trying to play  this down and paint a picture that they want to paint - it stinks just all like all you keyboard stinkers who sit there and stink jealous of someone who actually achieved - yeh were are your wives and your children   - oh abandanded back in the west because they couldn't stand you...the stink and the fat  

shame on the lot of you   (deleted)     

23 hours ago, Canceraid said:

Huh! The same brother said in another media report that his brother did take drugs! What to expect from the life of a junkie.

Just as not everyone that drinks is an alkie, not everyone who takes drugs is a junkie.

Local police say body found belongs to missing British tourist Andrew Apperley

14051686_1103233939752909_57989437707838

KOH PHA-NGAN: -- The body of a foreign tourist found February 15 on Haad Rin beach in Pha-ngan district of Surat Thani was believed to belong to a British tourist who went missing since February 12.

This was revealed today by Pol Lt Col Somsak Noorod, deputy superintendent of Koh Pha-ngan police station.

He said the body of the tourist, believed to belong to Andrew Apperley, 38, was found at 8.00 am on Haad Rin beach on February 15.

The body was clad in short legged blue jeans, and wore no shirts.

Preliminary autopsy showed he had been dead for three days, and there was no bruises that indicated he was assaulted or murdered.

Police believed he was drowned.

Questioning of witnesses showed that Andrew checked into a hotel in Samui island and then went to join a full moon party at Koh Pha-ngan.

He said the police have now coordinated with the British Embassy to inform his family to arrive for DNA test to confirm him.

Full story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/local-police-say-body-found-belongs-missing-british-tourist-andrew-apperley/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2017-03-01

16 hours ago, smedly said:

sums what up, maybe the guy who from what I have read has a carrier and a top notch job a family and might maybe smoke some pot now and again

the sad losers on here are describing him as some sort of drug junky.........I don't see that at all, maybe some depraved a holes want to criticise  this guy because they lead such sad lives that they think somehow they can rise above the non existent deprivation which would accurately describe their own existence

oh the powerful keyboard...............go take a shower - a long shower and clean the stink from your decrepit life - who are you to criticise, this young man with a successful career in the prime of his life who maybe smoked a little pot or what ever ...................he is dead, and the authorities here in Thailand are trying to play  this down and paint a picture that they want to paint - it stinks just all like all you keyboard stinkers who sit there and stink jealous of someone who actually achieved - yeh were are your wives and your children   - oh abandanded back in the west because they couldn't stand you...the stink and the fat  

shame on the lot of you   (deleted)     

Plenty of people with families do drugs I doubt it was just pot unless it was laced with something.

One other article quoted his family saying he had a drug problem at one time.

The smell isn't comming from me you might want to check yourself

18 hours ago, webfact said:

KOH PHA-NGAN: -- The body of a foreign tourist found February 15 on Haad Rin beach in Pha-ngan district of Surat Thani was believed to belong to a British tourist who went missing since February 12.

This was revealed today by Pol Lt Col Somsak Noorod, deputy superintendent of Koh Pha-ngan police station.

He said the body of the tourist, believed to belong to Andrew Apperley, 38, was found at 8.00 am on Haad Rin beach on February 15.

The body was clad in short legged blue jeans, and wore no shirts.

Preliminary autopsy showed he had been dead for three days, and there was no bruises that indicated he was assaulted or murdered.

Police believed he was drowned.

Questioning of witnesses showed that Andrew checked into a hotel in Samui island and then went to join a full moon party at Koh Pha-ngan.

He said the police have now coordinated with the British Embassy to inform his family to arrive for DNA test to confirm him.

Full story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/local-police-say-body-found-belongs-missing-british-tourist-andrew-apperley/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2017-03-01

Yet another Brit that's 1 a week in Thailand RIP 

and there was no bruises that indicated he was assaulted or murdered.

Police believed he was drowned

aha, he was not murdered he was drowned - what's this kind of intellectual b.s.?