Foreign illegals annoying tourists rounded up in Pattaya in "important case"

webfact

Foreign illegals annoying tourists rounded up in Pattaya in "important case"

2pm.jpg

Picture: 77jowo news

PATTAYA: -- A group of illegal immigrants annoying tourists by begging and selling garlands have been rounded up by Pattaya police.

77jowo reported that ten miscreants had been arrested though a picture taken at Pattaya police station showed more.

The group in the photo were seated in front of a sign that said in English: "The performance of important case (sic)".

77jowo news said that damaging the resort's image on this occasion were a "gang" of illegals who had crossed into Thailand at Sa Kaew and been brought to the resort. Their controller was being sought as the enquiry widened.

Pattaya station chief Apichai Kroppetch was on hand to say that one of those arrested was 26 year old Vietnamese flower seller Tran Tai Lai who was apprehended with six bunches of flowers and 200 baht.

Five more were just plain beggars from Cambodia. Evidence gathered in their cases included three plastic cups, one half of a coconut shell and a plastic "khan" or small water dipping bucket usually used for showering

This was being used as a money collecting vessel.

Four more illegal immigrants were rounded up as part of the gang.

After processing they will all be send back home.

Apichai said that he was acting on orders to clean up the resort.

Source: 77jowo

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-02-28

Six bunches of flowers 200 baht 3 plastic cups half a coconut and a water dipper with that kind of haul and being illegals

they really have tarnished Pattayas reputation ! should be sent back immediately to beg in their own country how dare them ! Reminder to one self beware walking around with plastic cup or half coconut in hand for fear of being arrested

Chapeau to the Pattaya Police?

Poor foreign workers whom I suspect were traded into the country after certain security personnel been paid ,end up accused of tarnishing the sparkling n glittering image of SIN CITY?.I thought they were rounding up Ladyboys and prostitutes to clean the city or am I mistaken?  Pattaya has no such thing?

4 hours ago, redwinecheese said:

I wonder why the hell they must publicized everyone in trouble here, outlaws, victims of outlaws, people who drop dead and many more. Is it part of stupid third world country  doing their job propaganda?:post-4641-1156693976:

Obviously not well worldly traveled. Go to the Channel Isles, every night the local news goes out listing everyone who was convicted in court that day, from minor offences  to serious ones. Everyone knows how much you were fined etc. Are they a third world country? don't think so.

4 hours ago, colinneil said:

When are they going to round up all the Thais who persistently annoy tourists?

Yes and none worse then the junta for annoying tourists. Imagine you book a holiday. Likely your only years holiday and before you arrive a bunch of self righteous gun toting army thugs have arrested or imprisoned the democratically elected statesmen then expect those self same tourists to believe they are wanting to improve the image of Thailand !!!

More annoying are the dishonest taxi drivers, both of the  two and four wheeled varieties. Four wheeled types drive around with impunity; overcharging, not using meters (as required by proclamation of the DLT), and barking out "Two hundred Baht" to Chinese and Russians who don't know better than to take the 10 Baht songthaew for the same trip on a set route. So much for the sacred teachings they eschew in day-today practice.

The two-wheeled types are dangerous, often under the influence and prone to take advantage of the naive visitors. Many think little of driving without a helmet and exposing their passengers to the same hazardous experience.

The tarnishing of Thailand's reputation is alive and well in Pattaya. True, there are many imported "bad guys" that sully this beautiful land, but plenty appear to homegrown. What these miscreants fail to realize is that the internet spreads their misdeeds worldwide faster than you can say "Two hundred Baht".

I choose to live here and walk most places. After three years I have seen a lot of good, which thankfully, outweighs the bad.

A troll post has been trashed.  If you have a problem with the news then don't read it or better still take it up with the original source but do not leave your troll comments on here for others to read

6 hours ago, whatawonderfulday said:

Yes and none worse then the junta for annoying tourists. Imagine you book a holiday. Likely your only years holiday and before you arrive a bunch of self righteous gun toting army thugs have arrested or imprisoned the democratically elected statesmen then expect those self same tourists to believe they are wanting to improve the image of Thailand !!!

Huh? Were  you  staying or  expecting  to be  at the residence of  the arrested/imprisoned democratically  elected  statespeople and that  spoiled   your  stay? Did  a  gun toting thug  military member  shoot  you?  What actual  negatives have happened  to  tourists? 

My list of "annoying" people starts with the Thai people who come into restaurants trying to sell me watches, sunglasses, paintings, wallets, belts, etc. to my while I am having a meal.

Beggars sit in the streets and do not bother/annoy anyone!

On 28/02/2017 at 10:44 AM, redwinecheese said:

I wonder why the hell they must publicized everyone in trouble here, outlaws, victims of outlaws, people who drop dead and many more. Is it part of stupid third world country  doing their job propaganda?:post-4641-1156693976:

Let us hypothesize that

the Thai police force is grossly overmanned and that the average officer spends

30% of his time messing around, lazing about, doing nothing constructive or attending parades, on personal errands or personal stuff for his boss.

30% of his time is legal revenue-raising such as manning checkpoints.

30% of his time is illegal revenue-raising such as collecting weekly payments from bars, extorting money from both sides in civil disputes or running drug dealers in the neighbourhood.

Finally 10% of his time is actually spent on crime suppression (sort of).

You might want to highly emphasise that last 10% to make it look like you actually do something for society rather than the other 90% of the time when your organisation acts in a parasitic manner upon society.

Something like a big press conference parading suspects with a big banner in 2 languages (one broken) would be a wonderful idea.

On 28/02/2017 at 11:16 AM, colinneil said:

When are they going to round up all the Thais who persistently annoy tourists?

I am uncertain if they are Thai or not but most aggravating on Walking St are guys showing me  rather xxx rated pictures to get me to visit a show! They get right in front of you and block your way.

On Tuesday, February 28, 2017 at 10:44 AM, redwinecheese said:

Public shaming is part of the punishment I guess.  Causing the offender to lose face.  Maybe they think it helps as a deterant.