Facebook helps Thai mother locate son after 33 years of parting

webfact

Facebook helps mother locate son after 33 years of parting
By The Nation

23940a2b871008b0aa84cdec37951da3-sld.jpe

BANGKOK: -- A 54-year-old mother has located her 33-year-old son by simply typing his name on Facebook search, allowing her to meet him in person Wednesday night.

Wiphawadi Thisorn from Udon Thani broke down into tears when she saw her son, Parinya Thisorn, get out of a bus from Chiang Rai at the Hat Yai bus terminal. The son knelt down in front of her and the two hugged and shed the tears of joy at 9 pm Wednesday.

Wiphawadi recounted that the poverty was the main reason that prompted her to separate from Parinya’s father, whose family stays in Chiang Rai’s Wieng Pa Pao district.

She said she could visit her son sometimes shortly after the divorce but she later had to move around from Bangkok to Phuket to seek job so she eventually lost contact with her son.

Full story: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/news/breakingnews/30307693

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-03-02

yHeres another one for FB:- My father ran away from home in 1935 aged 15 and joined the Merchant navy as a cabin boy. He said his new step mother was cruel so he left and never got in contact with them again. He left the Navy after the war and we went to Australia in 1957, he died in 1990. My mother always spoke about his family but he never got in touch

Fast forward to last year when I get a FB enquiry from an english lady asking if I knew a man called ****. She turns out to be the daughter of one of my dads brothers, both of who have died. She thinks told me they spent years looking for him with no success ....but that was a long time before FB. 

4 hours ago, biggles45 said:

yHeres another one for FB:- My father ran away from home in 1935 aged 15 and joined the Merchant navy as a cabin boy. He said his new step mother was cruel so he left and never got in contact with them again. He left the Navy after the war and we went to Australia in 1957, he died in 1990. My mother always spoke about his family but he never got in touch

Fast forward to last year when I get a FB enquiry from an english lady asking if I knew a man called ****. She turns out to be the daughter of one of my dads brothers, both of who have died. She thinks told me they spent years looking for him with no success ....but that was a long time before FB. 

Both great stories. I have a similar one involving my German grandfather jumping ship in Lyttelton in 1904. In the 80's we made contact (pre Facebook) with German cousins. We, and they, visit often. 

I always think it so sad that those who bind us never really knew their own families, yet their extended families of today are so close .