Lopburi driver speeds bus into truck, dies

webfact

Lopburi driver speeds bus into truck, dies

By Asaree Thaitrakulpanich, Staff Reporter

201703020442595-20151201143204-696x392.j 

Police and passers-by at the scene of a crash which killed the driver of a bus and injured 20 others Wednesday night in Lopburi province.

LOPBURI — A bus and truck collided with each other Wednesday evening, injuring 20 and killing the bus driver.

The bus was carrying factory workers when it crashed into a Toyota truck just before 8pm in Wang Muang district. Bus driver Samruay Bampen, 67 – who some passengers blamed for causing the accident – was killed.

Full story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/crimecourtscalamity/calamity/2017/03/02/lopburi-driver-speeds-bus-truck-dies/

khaosodeng_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Khaosod English 2017-03-02

2 hours ago, Happyman58 said:

The problem is Patience Thai drivers have none How many cars have you good people seen run red lights I have seen heaps Even saw a cop on a motorbike run one

True words . Just no patience. I have been overtaken approaching red lights, on roundabouts, corners , dangerous bends, even making a u-turn. 

1 hour ago, khomlong1 said:

True words . Just no patience. I have been overtaken approaching red lights, on roundabouts, corners , dangerous bends, even making a u-turn. 

Not just you, we all witness this daily.

All drivers on the roads here are race horses with blinkers on.

8 hours ago, Cuchulainn said:

Feel sorry for the passengers.

If it wasn't medically related, ie a heart attack, then the driver got what he deserved.

Got what he deserved. Love your compassion. Wonder if you deserve anything.

"People in the bus said the bus ran a red light."

Only two days ago we hear of two Russian kids creamed by a bus doing the same, with catastrophic results.

Enough of the tea money traffic checks. for mostly nonsense offences.

Put the cops on the lights and have them nail really hard, the idiots who think 2 minutes saved is more important than innocent lives.

This sort of driving is the real crime, and it is time Thailand woke up and realised it.

When I commented before that by the changing the vans to a bigger bus, the government is just giving a bigger weapon to create more deaths, someone commented that the bigger buses provided more safety to the passengers and driver because it is bigger.

It is not the size of the vehicle the guns or the rice cooker. If a person decides to behave recklessly or plan, he can hurt and kill other innocent people. 

Hence making the change from vans to mini buses are just creating more deaths and injuries because if the attitudes of these reckless Thai drivers are not change, the number of injuries and deaths will continue to rise 

The signal was not changing - it was red as before the collision you can see green lights as the traffic on the left begin to move into intersection...and this bus comes across at high speed...

have zip sympathy for the bus driver...he put innocent lives at risk b/c of selfishness and arrogance....

no problem with the driver's outcome...too bad the gov can't turn it into an educational learning video...his company should pay for all medical care and damage...

there is a driving mentality out there that is scary and blame the enforcement arm for not able to modify behavior....

15 hours ago, dinsdale said:

Got what he deserved. Love your compassion. Wonder if you deserve anything.

Testy?

Why would anyone be compassionate about a driver, who puts his passengers at risk and die doing so?

My compassion extends only to "condolences to the family".

Edited by lvr181
Comment Variation

9 hours ago, lvr181 said:

Testy?

Why would anyone be compassionate about a driver, who puts his passengers at risk and die doing so?

Really if he got what he deserved by putting his passengers at risk then you would, by logic of your statement be fine with hundreds, thousands, millions of Thais dying  (of course not only Thais but anyone who puts anyone else at risk of dying..drunk/speeding drivers world wide for example). I hope you never drive too fast, under the influence of alcohol, drugs, medication, tiredness, bald tyres, worn brakes or anything that puts your passengers at risk because if you died why would anyone have compassion for you.

When I commented before that by the changing the vans to a bigger bus, the government is just giving a bigger weapon to create more deaths, someone commented that the bigger buses provided more safety to the passengers and driver because it is bigger.

It is not the size of the vehicle the guns or the rice cooker. If a person decides to behave recklessly or plan, he can hurt and kill other innocent people. 

Hence making the change from vans to mini buses are just creating more deaths and injuries because if the attitudes of these reckless Thai drivers are not change, the number of injuries and deaths will continue to rise 

Strange logic everyone in the bus except the driver are still alive.

Keep dumbing down the size the death increases until you get to a Toyota litace designed to carry boxes and not people and you have total carnage.. So again how is the bus not safer?

48 minutes ago, bangkokorbust said:

Strange logic everyone in the bus except the driver are still alive.

Keep dumbing down the size the death increases until you get to a Toyota litace designed to carry boxes and not people and you have total carnage.. So again how is the bus not safer?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/thailand/10197500/19-dead-in-Thai-bus-crash.html

The bus is supposed to be safe, but the way the drivers drive in LOS compromises the safety aspect turning it into a weapon of destruction instead. 

N if it crashes into other vehicles, not only the passengers in the buses will be affected, the other road users will be dragged into it as well. 

5 hours ago, dinsdale said:

Really if he got what he deserved by putting his passengers at risk then you would, by logic of your statement be fine with hundreds, thousands, millions of Thais dying  (of course not only Thais but anyone who puts anyone else at risk of dying..drunk/speeding drivers world wide for example). I hope you never drive too fast, under the influence of alcohol, drugs, medication, tiredness, bald tyres, worn brakes or anything that puts your passengers at risk because if you died why would anyone have compassion for you.

First of all I would NOT expect compassion for my idiocy (secondly, I would be dead and therefore would not care)!  

Extending your argument, you would have compassion for any "criminal"? Do try and have a nice day. :smile: