Former deputy police chief stands trial in Korat court today

webfact

1 hour ago, craigt3365 said:

Here's but one.  You can retract your BS claim now.

Thanks for that. Interesting story about quite normal abuse of authority but I didn't see any humiliation of any officers. Seems more like the officers are laughing in the face authority. Anti-corruption in Thailand is tokenism at it's best.

Land encroachment only result in eviction or revocation and in extreme cases a light sentence. There are just too many cases of top officials in land encroachment cases. Example like ex-PM Surayud land encroachment never been investigated to Tarit who got only 2 years suspended sentence. Whether this case go beyond land encroachment will be seen by his sentencing. I suspect that there are more charges beside land encroachment. Wish him best of luck in the cell. 

25 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

Land encroachment only result in eviction or revocation and in extreme cases a light sentence. There are just too many cases of top officials in land encroachment cases. Example like ex-PM Surayud land encroachment never been investigated to Tarit who got only 2 years suspended sentence. Whether this case go beyond land encroachment will be seen by his sentencing. I suspect that there are more charges beside land encroachment. Wish him best of luck in the cell. 

Alerted by fellow poster that Tarit's 2 years suspended sentencing was not for land encroachment which is still currently investigated but for wrongful appointment. Sorry for the mistake. 

26 minutes ago, Brer Fox said:

Thanks for that. Interesting story about quite normal abuse of authority but I didn't see any humiliation of any officers. Seems more like the officers are laughing in the face authority. Anti-corruption in Thailand is tokenism at it's best.

I've seen more, just can't find the links.  And just showing it's not BS.  But yes, normal abuse of authority by members of the government, regardless of the branch.  And if you think corruption is bad here, read this:

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/03/02/business/china-wealth-rich-parliament.html?emc=edit_ae_20170302&nl=todaysheadlines-asia&nlid=58582962

The combined fortune of the wealthiest members of China’s Parliament and its advisory body amounts to $500 billion, just below the annual economic output of Sweden. Among that group of 209 entrepreneurs and business tycoons, the 100 richest saw their net worth rise 64 percent in the four years since Mr. Xi took power, according to the Hurun Report, an organization based in Shanghai that tracked the wealth of the delegates, ahead of their annual joint sessions that start on Friday in Beijing.

33 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

I know a road in Bangkok that was closed off due to a politician's request.  It's still closed.  They didn't want traffic in front of their house.  So it's now a dead end.

For some reason I am not allowed to give 'Likes' but you would have got one for this!

Every journey starts with the first step and with social media as well as mainstream media things cannot be concealed as much as they were in the past.

Any progress is progress, despite the doom-sayers.

Yes even a little progress in any battle being waged against corruption and illegal activity should be prized and cherished.But if you think this case has anything to do with that noble battle you have achieved a level of naivety and ignorance that Andy Pandy could only aspire to.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

On 3/2/2017 at 2:26 PM, IamNoone88 said:

People have short memories. The press and the public will forget in a week or so. New cases will come up. The case will drag on. People will lose interest. He will walk with a small misdemeanor. This is the circle of life.

Moved to an inactive post maybe?