Parent says daughter, 4, sexually molested by kindergarten classmate

webfact

Parent says daughter, 4, sexually molested by kindergarten classmate

3pm.jpg

Picture: Sanook

BANGKOK: -- A mother of a four year old girl has claimed that her daughter was molested by a male classmate at kindergarten. But now there are fears an adult may be involved.

"May" told police that she reported the matter to the school, a private one in Bang Pu, Samut Prakarn, but they have not contacted the boy's parents, reported Sanook.

The mother said she noticed that her daughter was in pain last week. Doctors said that they thought a finger had been inserted in her daughter's vagina and torn inside.

The little girl said it was done by a classmate.

The mother contacted the school who said they would talk to the boy's parents but nothing was done, she claimed. She wants them to pay doctors bills and also the fees of a psychologist who said the little girl needs continuing treatment.

In a latest development the mother said that the boy's parents denied that there son would do such a thing. Now the mother is worried that the school may be hiding something and an adult may be involved.

Bang Pu police are due to speak to the boy's parents as the case continues.

Source: Sanook

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-03-07

This is an example of why classrooms should be fitted with continual-recording CCTV cameras.  

All the schools that I have taught at in Myanmar have CCTV cameras in the classrooms.  The purpose is so that if a child should be injured in some way, the school can identify whether the injury was caused by an accident (child running and falling over), assault (accidental or otherwise by another child), or assault (physical or sexual) by a teacher or other school staff.

For a child of 4 years old, it may be difficult to get to the truth about this injury. Years ago,  I recall that my own young daughter injured her 'front bottom' (ouch!) while playing on a slide at home, and the hospital was most suspicious about what caused the accident.  Luckily, the accident was witnessed by my wife, so suspicions were laid to rest.

Edited by simon43

I find this very hard to believe, I suspect the child is very scared and has been told what to say. 

I would put money on an adult being the perpetrator not a four year old. 

Also CCTV should be in all classrooms, it protects the children AND the teachers. 

I feel the girl is afraid of telling truth, probably someone who molested her and threatens her not to tell the truth.

The poor boy has been cornered, as far as i know small boys never dare to do such things.

If the management have a camera, they should check properly whom roaming around with the girl time to time.

Very sad story. All children should be able to grow up happily and unharmed.

Unfortunately, this isn't possible for many. I hope the authorities get their finger out (no pun intended) and get to the bottom of this asap. 

Wow.....

Hard to make this up!

I'm glad I'm not a parent.  If I had a daughter I would be afraid to let her out of the house!

A 4 year old romantic!

It's hard to get my head  around this story...

I find this very hard to believe, I suspect the child is very scared and has been told what to say. 
I would put money on an adult being the perpetrator not a four year old. 
Also CCTV should be in all classrooms, it protects the children AND the teachers. 

I agree with the camera part. I wouldn't work in a kindergarten without cameras that work and record sound as well. You could be exploited by a parent and made to pay a fortune in fines for false allegations against you. Just think if you were this girls teacher. A foreign man teaching this girl. They would have dragged you by the neck to the nearest police cell and beaten you. You would be front page news. No cameras in the room. How do you prove it's a kid that's done it. A chilling tale this is indeed to all those who teach in Thailand. Beware the school without the camera.